Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: Project M+  (Read 83518 times)
oscat
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 22, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »

It always bugged me how project M didn't have Young Link. He was one of my favorites in melee. So I put a psa of him in my pack. I was excited to play as him once again. Then I remembered how much I hated pichu and how his moves hurt himself, but hey, he has more swag than pikachu, so had to add him as well. I also added doctor mario and gave him his is own slot. Then I looked at the character selection screen and realized. I see ever smash bros character that there ever was, and I can play as anyone of them if I wanted to, which I did. I played all night! I then thought, what else could I add? How about every single stage stage from all the games? I still find it awesome how people have packs with PM and BrawlEX. However, it bugged me that there wasn't stage roster expansion in any of them. That's why I made this pack. Once I figured out how the add stage expansion to pm & brawlEX I was happy. This pack uses BrawlEX v1.2.0

This is a great template for starting your own pack since it has all these great hacks combined together in the same place. Adding in stages and characters is the same process as before. Just make sure if you are adding in cosmetics, like portraits, you add them in the sc_selcharacter.pac in the menu2 folder rather than the traditional common5.pac.

UPDATE 0.7 NOW AVAILABLE! http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205711

Change Log:

Update 0.7 :

- Started over from scratch to avoid any conflicts that I had
    - No More crashing when selecting certain character slots.
    - Young Link no longer freezes when attempting to crawl and he now has sfx
    - Stage added: HD N64 final destination stage by: C2P0

Known Bugs:
    - Game crashes when another player tries to join stadium or all-star for co-op. (Single player all-star and stadium still work fine)

Update 0.5 :

- New video
    - CSP / Portrine / common complet and Fix
    - New Dr Mario
    - Delete CSP Dr Mario for Mario
    - Pichu PCS/Pac Fix
    - Delete Custom Character for add the new
    - Young Link & Pichu movie introduction

Update 0.2 :
    -The game no longer freezes in training mode.

Characters

This pack adds in characters that were left out in Project M. Because of BrawlEX, Dr. Mario is removed from the game. However, Dr. Mario is added in and has his own slot.

-Young Link

-Pichu

-Dr. Mario

Stages

This pack uses the classic stage expansion to add in all the melee and n64 stages. We are also remaking previous stages in HD.

-Final Destination 64 HD

I present the HD version of Final Destination of N64.

This stage will be part of the next update Project M+ 0.7, many other stage will be HD in the next Update

This pack is not finished by any means. This is just a beta and it will be updated regularly. The PSA's for Young Link, Pichu, and Dr. Mario as of right now, don't play like project M. They are rather slow actually, but they are a good start as a place holder. Some of my goals for this pack is to have their move-sets be smooth and add they're sfx.

Heres the most recent version:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205711

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:18:20 PM by oscat » Logged

Fortresst
    Advanced Kitten

Toan PQCDT

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »

Sounds like a good plan, I was wondering if you might want some help with this project.

oscat
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

Sounds like a good plan, I was wondering if you might want some help with this project.
    I pmed you Smiley

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 06:02:59 PM »

Just started the download,this sounds amazing!

One question:Would you mind releasing patches?Like for people with 0.5 can they just download the new files for the 0.7 update my internet is pretty slow so downloading every update 500-600mb is going to be annoying.I understand if you don't have the time to include this.I hope this project keeps going and doesn't die off soon.

oscat
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »

Just started the download,this sounds amazing!

One question:Would you mind releasing patches?Like for people with 0.5 can they just download the new files for the 0.7 update my internet is pretty slow so downloading every update 500-600mb is going to be annoying.I understand if you don't have the time to include this.I hope this project keeps going and doesn't die off soon.
    I see your point. I suppose I could start using drop box. This could solve your problem, because you could simply download the updated files individually. So, in a sense, you'd be downloading a patch. yes, dropbox, somethink I should look into. Thanks for the input Smiley

Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 06:52:17 PM
    Project M+ Hacked version now uploaded!
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:22:37 PM by oscat » Logged

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »

I see your point. I suppose I could start using drop box. This could solve your problem, because you could simply download the updated files individually. So, in a sense, you'd be downloading a patch. yes, dropbox, somethink I should look into. Thanks for the input Smiley

Alright thanks.

C2PO
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »

I work in Destination Final N64 HD for the next update

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »

I'm sorry, I'm about to be "that guy"... But isn't Toon Link the equivalent of Young Link?

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:32 AM »

I'm going to help 'that guy'.

All you're doing is a compilation pack using other people's things just to create this vision of the 'perfect' game that doesn't exist, while adding NOTHING of value that you created yourself. Not to mention smearing P:M's name by thinking 'hey this total conversion mod that a lot of people worked on isn't good enough and isn't to my tastes I should [censored] all over their work'.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

oscat
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 09:26:15 AM »

I'm going to help 'that guy'.

All you're doing is a compilation pack using other people's things just to create this vision of the 'perfect' game that doesn't exist, while adding NOTHING of value that you created yourself. Not to mention smearing P:M's name by thinking 'hey this total conversion mod that a lot of people worked on isn't good enough and isn't to my tastes I should [censored] all over their work'.
    That's not what I'm trying to do at all. I'm trying to make a pack where the user can have more stages and characters. We are also making hd remakes of previous stages. I'm not trying to [censor] on anyone's work. We are just adding on to something that was already great to give the players more options. Plus this is just the beginning, we plan on doing more with this pack.

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »

That's not what I'm trying to do at all. I'm trying to make a pack where the user can have more stages and characters. We are also making hd remakes of previous stages. I'm not trying to [censor] on anyone's work. We are just adding on to something that was already great to give the players more options. Plus this is just the beginning, we plan on doing more with this pack.
    I got that, I think I got that... You're using that BrawlEX thing to add stuff to Project M, while graphically enhancing it, right? But you never got around to answering my question, I mean - I'd totally understand a Young Link costume for Toon Link, and maybe a name swap since Toon Link is the same age as Young Link, and thus - young... But why a different character? What's the difference?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »

What surprises me is how the PMDT hasn't said anything.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

oscat
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »

I'm sorry, I'm about to be "that guy"... But isn't Toon Link the equivalent of Young Link?
    Toon link has slower arrows, weaker bombs, and doesn't have a repeating sword jab, just to name a few differences.

Kashology
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 09:37:21 PM »

Hey, I'm fairly new to this modding thing so bear with me here. I already have Project M installed with a set of new stages and skins. So, few questions here:

1. Will this hackless method work with my Wii U Wii Menu? If so, what exactly do I do to download it, just load stage builder with nothing but this Mod package extracted on my 2GB memory card?

2. Are all hacks compatible with this mod (e.g, stages, character skins, character portraits, PSAs, SFXs, etc.)? And if not, can you state which aren't compatible or which are (if easier)?

3. Does this Mod have all the stuff that Project M and Brawl EX have on their latest versions?

4. I never seen a mod with HD stuff before, do you know if this is the only one?

5. How many HD stages do you have on here? Are the characters also in HD?

6. What are your future plans for this (if you care to share at this time)?

Sorry to pester you with so many questions, but I'd like to get a firm grasp on this before I switch over. Just answer any you can, and leave the ones you don't want to answer out. Would appreciate it if you can get to me as soon as you can. Thanks for your time. Smiley

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:39:02 PM by Kashology » Logged

corpsra
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:17 PM »

your pack is probably my favorite so far of combining project m and brawl ex. Any updates for the sfx?

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: