Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M compadibility?  (Read 1468 times)
patar4097
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. So anyways, I'm just starting to get into the modding side of Brawl, and I just got Project M, and some modded music. I was going to add things like new character models, and maybe item ones as well, but I've seen a few that say that they work with Project M (3.02) but that message doesn't seem to be on any others I've seen. So, will all of the Brawl Vault textures work, or only a few of them? By the way, I use the unmodded version, and I would like to keep away from modding it.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so sorry if that's the case.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:34:52 PM by patar4097 » Logged

Red93
Texture Cookie
Hyper Kitten

Life is a cookie.

• Awards KCMM 2012 Awards Winner Pin Collector Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »

Any textures and music that work in Brawl will also work in Project M. Model imports, rigs and whatnot, may follow a different procedure. I'm not sure; that's not really where my interests lie, so perhaps someone else can address that aspect in more detail. Just keep in mind that not everything that is compatible with Project M will specifically point out that it's "Project M compatible." After all, they're all mods for the same game really, it's just Project M is... a very big mod, or rather a lot of them used together.

Sometimes it's not a simple matter of something strictly working or not. Sometimes it's just a matter things being specifically developed to work well with Project M. In other words, it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work in Brawl, but since the gameplay is different between the two, sometimes things are made to better suit one over the other.

For future reference, because this thread is asking for help in multiple areas of Brawl modding as opposed to asking specifically about texturing (which is what this area is for), you should post this sort of thing in the help section.
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:52:46 PM by Red93 » Logged

patar4097
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »

Thanks, man! Good to hear! Again, I kind of thought so, but just seeing the one or two that did threw me off. It probably doesn't help that its been a little troublesome navigating around Brawl Box. However it works here, this thread can be closed now.

red skull fire
    Advanced Kitten

i like to do data stuff :)

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »

project m works pretty well with the vault hacks from my perspective....Ive been using some of the textures and motion files from it and replacing them in with the names of marth and stuff and they have been working very well! i'm kindly having a hard time grasping the pac files for just the characters....does anyone know if this is specified for just the moves and the motion files or just the general slots movement characteristics? ....its kindly complicated....but fun Smiley

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 12:24:26 AM »

some characters has bone edits and stuff that makes them uncompatible with regular brawl hacks and pm; for example you can see peach and I think samus or lucario

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: