Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Smash U/3DS  (Read 15737 times)
Pikmin1211
Mega Kitten

The Pikmin Sergeant

• Awards Dedicated Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »

5 or so years? That's definitely too much to ask. We've already gotten to importing custom text and image files in games, just look at Pokemon X and Y. I might be completely wrong on this, but I'd be really surprised if it isn't hacked by the end of this year.

Ummmmm... that's insanely early. If we do, I doubt it'd be anything interesting to hack.

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »

Wanna know what I don't understand? Why the [censored] can't people just work together on this site for once and make it a higher quality game? Tbh, people on this site can make better stuff than Nintendo can in the first place. People don't even need to buy Smash 4 to have it, we have so much to work with we can make a brand new smash depending on the determination of course. Am I saying that we should? No. What I'm getting at is there's so much talent on this site and all we do is nit pick and make stupid projects that many will not download (Not directing this at everyone). For once, I wanna see something amazing on this site. Not being a [censored] Mashudes since this is completely understandable concept to talk about. We get Clone Engines and all that, but can we finally see something that actually utilizes it instead of stupid packs? That's what I want. Screw hacking Smash 4, make this better than smash 4

Pikmin1211
    Mega Kitten

The Pikmin Sergeant

• Awards Dedicated Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »

Wanna know what I don't understand? Why the [censored] can't people just work together on this site for once and make it a higher quality game? Tbh, people on this site can make better stuff than Nintendo can in the first place. People don't even need to buy Smash 4 to have it, we have so much to work with we can make a brand new smash depending on the determination of course. Am I saying that we should? No. What I'm getting at is there's so much talent on this site and all we do is nit pick and make stupid projects that many will not download (Not directing this at everyone). For once, I wanna see something amazing on this site. Not being a [censored] Mashudes since this is completely understandable concept to talk about. We get Clone Engines and all that, but can we finally see something that actually utilizes it instead of stupid packs? That's what I want. Screw hacking Smash 4, make this better than smash 4

The problem with this is that everyone has their own opinion on what is good and what is bad. You want a good brawl hacking project? Try PM or something

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »

The problem with this is that everyone has their own opinion on what is good and what is bad. You want a good brawl hacking project? Try PM or something
    Not what I meant, I've been around long enough to know. P:M isn't everyones cup of tea

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »

Wanna know what I don't understand? Why the [censored] can't people just work together on this site for once and make it a higher quality game? Tbh, people on this site can make better stuff than Nintendo can in the first place.
    Whoa.
    No.
    Don't go there.
    Don't you dare say that we can do better than Nintendo.

If you think you're so much better than their staff, go apply for a job.

People don't even need to buy Smash 4 to have it, we have so much to work with we can make a brand new smash depending on the determination of course.
    >don't even need to buy it
    Do you want no more Smash? That's what I'm getting from this quote.

For once, I wanna see something amazing on this site.
    Where have you been?
    We have so many AMAZING and crazy-talented texturers and modelers. Hell, some people have taken an entire PSA in their own hands. [censored], MK64DS almost did his whole Waluigi PSA by himself. THAT'S dedication.

I can imagine being a stage hacker ain't easy as well. You gotta fiddle to get the lighting right, the right size, spawn points, etc. Don't. You. DARE say there hasn't been anything outstanding.
    Screw hacking Smash 4, make this better than smash 4
    And the problem with Smash 4 is...?
    and don't you dare say all the clones. We've beaten that horse to death.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

5 or so years? That's definitely too much to ask. We've already gotten to importing custom text and image files in games, just look at Pokemon X and Y. I might be completely wrong on this, but I'd be really surprised if it isn't hacked by the end of this year.

its already hacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1blzrhblqM

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »

Whoa.
    No.
    Don't go there.
    Don't you dare say that we can do better than Nintendo.

If you think you're so much better than their staff, go apply for a job.
    >don't even need to buy it
    Do you want no more Smash? That's what I'm getting from this quote.
    Where have you been?
    We have so many AMAZING and crazy-talented texturers and modelers. Hell, some people have taken an entire PSA in their own hands. [censored], MK64DS almost did his whole Waluigi PSA by himself. THAT'S dedication.

I can imagine being a stage hacker ain't easy as well. You gotta fiddle to get the lighting right, the right size, spawn points, etc. Don't. You. DARE say there hasn't been anything outstanding.And the problem with Smash 4 is...?
    and don't you dare say all the clones. We've beaten that horse to death.
    Speaking as a person that is a fan to all systems, lets face it, Nintendo failed to create something's that were highly expected that fans could create with effort. I'm 16, no applying for jobs until I'm old enough to work for companies like that. Brawl Vault is a very popular site, so even if we did manage to create something that stole sales from Smash 4, it would still always get sales. Look at my other responses in the giant rant like comment I posted, we have amazing things, but when have you ever seen something utilized to it's fullest extent? All we do is get packs that don't make any sense from the clone engine, that's just one example. We have many talented people on this site MK64DS being one of them. Smash 4 is an amazing game, even from the demo I can tell, that's why I'm against the idea of modding it. All I'm saying is that if the talented people on this site somehow came together, we can make great things happen, especially from the tools we have at hand. I will buy the DS version, but I can't get the console version since I have a single parent and there's no way in hell I would make my mother buy something like that if I already have the other version

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »

Ummmmm... that's insanely early. If we do, I doubt it'd be anything interesting to hack.
    It's not insanely early if I can look at my full dump of Smash 4 textures. And the interesting things to hack would be the same things interesting to hack in brawl.
    I know X and Y are already hacked, I meant Smash getting hacked by the end of the year.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:53:46 PM by KnightMario » Logged

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 05:06:07 PM »

Can we like get a Mod to lock this thread or something? Since it's starting getting out of hand.

*Huge wall of text*
    As one of the leading members of PSA, pipe down.

Just because we can mod a game, that doesn't mean we can make a better game than Nintendo. Even though it wasn't the best thing to say, take Sakurai's words to heart. "Have you ever made a game?"

Modding =/= making the game. If you're going to use Project M as an example, then I'll stop you there as not even the people on the PMDT (including myself) can go over the limits Brawl has placed. Examples being adding Articles, making a character from scratch, rather than using an existing character as a base, various mechanics, etc. While we can do a lot with Brawl, we're still limited.

Your mentality is quite poisonous as it could shut down the entire Brawl modding scene altogether. If you want to make a better Smash Bros, then learn what's needed and do it yourself. Don't encourage people to boycott Nintendo just because you can mod a character into Brawl.

While I agree the overall potential of Brawl modding has been spoiled by noobs, that doesn't really justify being so bitter towards Nintendo. If you want to be spoiled by Brawl mods and not buy any future Smash Bros titles, then by all means, go ahead. Just don't make a big deal out of it, thinking it's so important. Also, there have been quite a few high quality mods that have been released lately. You just have to know where to look.

*Wall of text 2*
    That's no excuse. There's people who have made games and can hold jobs at younger ages.

Also, nice double standard.
    >Modding Brawl is okay.
    >Modding Smash 4 is not okay.
    It's also hypocritical.

And you also contradicted yourself. In your previous rant, you harp on Smash 4, but in this rant, you harp on, then praise Smash 4.

While I may agree there have been some questionable choices made with Smash 4 that I don't agree with, I'm not going to go off in some superiority rant of how we "could" do better than Nintendo.

Brawl Vault
    *KC:MM

Brawl Vault is a sub section. You've been here for a little over 2 years. Learn the name, dammit. That's stuff noobs do.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »

Speaking as a person that is a fan to all systems

I don't believe you, but go on.

Brawl Vault is a very popular site

Oh goodie, yet ANOTHER one of those freaks that can't get the name right.

even if we did manage to create something that stole sales from Smash 4, it would still always get sales.

Highly [censored]ing unlikely to happen, on the fact that there's nothing in the world that can 'steal' sales from a game. Not even mods.

Look at my other responses in the giant rant like comment I posted, we have amazing things, but when have you ever seen something utilized to it's fullest extent?

Oh I can think of some VERY good examples posted on the blog.

All we do is get packs that don't make any sense from the clone engine, that's just one example.

That's literally the ONLY kind of examples you bother looking for! If you took some ACTUAL time and effort to do something called 'research', you'd find there's a metric [censored]ton of things out  there that are worthwhile.

All I'm saying is that if the talented people on this site somehow came together, we can make great things happen, especially from the tools we have at hand.

The last time a group of people took an initiative, they formed a Total Conversion-esque mod at the cost of warping their beliefs and twisting ties between us and them, creating a rift between the two and needless bad blood. Take it as you will.

I will buy the DS version, but I can't get the console version since

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS AHOY, not that anyone cares about it.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

The last time a group of people took an initiative, they formed a Total Conversion-esque mod at the cost of warping their beliefs and twisting ties between us and them, creating a rift between the two and needless bad blood. Take it as you will.

this needs to be locked because it serves no purpose.

if oyu want to get sm4sh, ok, get it. if you dont, then dont. if you want brawl to be smash 4, keep dreaming. it can have some aspects form it, but it wont be able to BE smash 4.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »

KingJigglyPuff, chill, I didn't think putting KCMM was that needed since I'm not very active on this site. and LC-DDM, the first world problems you're talking about is having a single parent raising 5 members of our family by herself. My argument stands, but everyone needs to stop getting so butt hurt by a god damn website. There's a big world out there besides this website. LC-DDM. next time you dare to insult my family, I'm gonna roast your ass. Someone lock this thread before these grown men pop a blood vessel

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 05:34:45 PM »

KingJigglyPuff, chill, I didn't think putting KCMM was that needed since I'm not very active on this site.
    That's not a good excuse.

My argument stands, but everyone needs to stop getting so butt hurt by a god damn website.
    LC-DDM. next time you dare to insult my family, I'm gonna roast your ass. Someone lock this thread before these grown men pop a blood vessel
    Top lel.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:06 PM »

LC-DDM. next time you dare to insult my family, I'm gonna roast your ass.

10/10

Top lel.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

But srsly. Why get so salty about this? This is a hobby for literally everyone.

It's like getting angry at games. Then afterwards you realize it was stupid to get heated up in the first place.

Just take a sec and you'll be fine, mate.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »

I'm just gonna make this short and sweet. LOL.

That is all.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: