Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riivo - XML question  (Read 2111 times)
BraveDragonWolf
Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 10, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »

I'm starting to get very curious now.
    The only question is: When editing the xml file for SSBB, will EVERY SINGLE FILE in the brawl ISO
    be loaded when the path is specified in the xml? Or will I have to do some type of memory editing for the desired files to be loaded? (Well that's two questions).

Looking forward to a descent answer, thanks.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but...
    The Riivolution .xml you have, figure out what directory it's set to(i.e. ssbb) for the main directory, and just change that all the times it's listed to your desired location for the main directory, and you can just put the Brawl files in that directory.
    Here is an example:
    I have my main folder for Brawl hacks as SD Root->ssbb->projectm. The .xml has that directory, but with slashes, instead of arrows, in that .xml. All Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods go into that main directory, but under subdirectories, as always, like "fighter"->"mario"->"FitMario00.pac", for example.

I hope this answer helps! Smiley

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »

The Riivolution .xml you have, figure out what directory it's set to(i.e. ssbb) for the main directory, and just change that all the times it's listed to your desired location for the main directory, and you can just put the Brawl files in that directory.
    Here is an example:
    I have my main folder for Brawl hacks as SD Root->ssbb->projectm. The .xml has that directory, but with slashes, instead of arrows, in that .xml. All Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods go into that main directory, but under subdirectories, as always, like "fighter"->"mario"->"FitMario00.pac", for example.

That, but if you're asking how the program loads the file in a technical since. Riivolution acts as the disk reader and just like Gecko, but the difference is that Riivo doesn't load just codes. It uses the xml file to know what files to replace instead of loading everything on the SD. That being said there is no need for memory alteration. You COULD customize the xml to have more load options, but that isn't really worth it. Tongue

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 03:10:41 PM »

That, but if you're asking how the program loads the file in a technical since. Riivolution acts as the disk reader and just like Gecko, but the difference is that Riivo doesn't load just codes. It uses the xml file to know what files to replace instead of loading everything on the SD. That being said there is no need for memory alteration. You COULD customize the xml to have more load options, but that isn't really worth it. Tongue

I already know how Riivolution works, I just want to know if it can load all types of files that's in the Brawl ISO.

Post Merge: September 10, 2014, 03:30:01 PM
    Here is an example:

Well, here's what I mean. I'm using the "Riivolution for gecko users" method so that means I'm using the private folder for mods. I'm trying all kinds of files to fix my issues. .BIN files, .MSBIN files, and even .DAT files. I put their correct path into the .xml and I'm not even sure if those files are detected.

Basically my question would have been "Can the SSBB .xml load all files on the brawl disc?"  Lips Sealed
    « Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:30:02 PM by Dragon-FlyWolf10 » Logged

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »

Oh~~ In that case yes. I only used it once so I'm not sure how the xml file looks now, but it should load them all. If not check the paths in the xml file.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »

Oh~~ In that case yes. I only used it once so I'm not sure how the xml file looks now, but it should load them all. If not check the paths in the xml file.

I always triple check the file paths I'm working with. Well, thanks for the info.
    May still have problems in the future but, I won't bring them back here on the forum.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: