Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any way to display 3D models at character select?  (Read 3988 times)
yadayada
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »

I'm curious if there's some way we can display character models at the Character Select Screen similarly to the way Smash Bros N64 did. I feel like this should be something that we can do, however if it isn't, I can see how the engine would limit that function.

SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 04:42:47 PM »

theoretically, yes. it shoudl be possible. when you highlight the character's icon, it loads the files iirc. maybe its if you click on them. somethign liek that. so yes. it should be possible to do so. not sure how though

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »

im pretty sure it would require coding. i dont think it would be mostly doable via brawlbox

Quotes:

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

Most likely not possible... It would require having the character's models and their textures inside the sc_selcharacter, and it would DEFINITELY go past the filesize.

Even a workaround with PAT0 animated textures mimicking a 3D model would most likely be enough to pass the filesize.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »

Most likely not possible... It would require having the character's models and their textures inside the sc_selcharacter, and it would DEFINITELY go past the filesize.

i disagree. it wouldnt have to have it in that file since it loads up the models already when you click the character

Quotes:

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 05:24:10 PM »

i disagree. it wouldnt have to have it in that file since it loads up the models already when you click the character

It does load the files, yes. Upon hovering... but to show them? I believe they'd have to be on the sc_selcharacter... if filesize were not an issue, then it would be perfectly possible. But as of now I don't think it can be done.

EDIT: Wait, the CSPs would no longer be needed... so I guess a lot of space would be able to be opened by removing them all...
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:25:32 PM by Senketsu (Br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »

Unless you have a USB Gecko then that will not help you. Even so you'd need a combination of brawl box editing and codes. I'm also going with impossible though. You'd need to add a way to view the models on the CSS along with the file size issue. The file size issue aside adding some type of model viewer would be near impossible without major editing. THEORETICALLY it's possible, but not with what we have now.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:24 PM »

(PS: What gives BR3? You're never on Skype anymore, how am I supposed to compliment your work when I can't even talk to you!)

Mario Facepalm I keep forgetting you're Lateralus. lol

Yes, I haven't been much on Skype lately, sorry... But you can always reach me both in my thread or by PMing me!

Unless you have a USB Gecko then that will not help you. Even so you'd need a combination of brawl box editing and codes. I'm also going with impossible though. You'd need to add a way to view the models on the CSS along with the file size issue. The file size issue aside adding some type of model viewer would be near impossible without major editing. THEORETICALLY it's possible, but not with what we have now.

The only reason why I disagree with you now is this:

[Brawl] Totodile!

So, it's possible to make, at least. The issue is, it's not one model, but ALL the recolors for all the characters. Undecided
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:59:19 PM by Senketsu (Br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: