Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think of this hack (v1.9)?
Great! - 17 (77.3%)
Good. - 1 (4.5%)
Could have been better, but its ok. - 0 (0%)
Meh. - 0 (0%)
Horrible! - 0 (0%)
Too big. - 1 (4.5%)
OPNERFNOWOMG - 0 (0%)
What was the question again? - 3 (13.6%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Unofficial Project M Ridley PSA - Version 2.1 released.  (Read 73534 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: March 27, 2015, 02:13:51 PM »

Got to give it to you but you did finish the moveset and it looks amazing, maybe someday can make a vbrawl friendly version of this Tongue

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #121 on: March 27, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »

Got to give it to you but you did finish the moveset and it looks amazing, maybe someday can make a vbrawl friendly version of this Tongue
    Can't he already be used in vBrawl?

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #122 on: March 27, 2015, 04:00:39 PM »

With some attribute editing via PSA, he sure as hell can be.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #123 on: March 27, 2015, 04:01:45 PM »

he can but the pm phisics do make him rape everyone lol

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »

he can but the pm phisics do make him rape everyone lol
    I used vBrawl Pit as a base and his falling speed is around vBrawl characters', so, i don't know why would he be able to plunder their booty just because of it.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #125 on: April 01, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »

I used vBrawl Pit as a base and his falling speed is around vBrawl characters', so, i don't know why would he be able to plunder their booty just because of it.
    he works preety good with one exception which i think its becuase of vbrawl but the up special on your latest version only seems to work when you are on the ground for some reason it doesnt like to activate when you are in the air maybe once during a match or so but that is about it.Some variable must not be reseted when touching the ground or something.

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »

he works preety good with one exception which i think its becuase of vbrawl but the up special on your latest version only seems to work when you are on the ground for some reason it doesnt like to activate when you are in the air maybe once during a match or so but that is about it.Some variable must not be reseted when touching the ground or something.

I don't know what could cause that...

Anyway, i have some updates. First of all, i forgot to put April Fools video here (whoops), but it still can be viewed since it has some real info that is 100% serious. Here it is:
    Project M Ridley - To Davy Jones' locker!

Thanks to pikazz, Ridley now has a command grab as Side B! I won't show this special as a gif this time. Just 'cuz.

This special starts with Ridley stepping back and raising his left arm...

Then he leaps forward and quickly crosses long distance, with hitbox being active until he lowers his hand to brake. Then goes long end lag (i think its 30 frames or more, but i can't tell since it was slowed down through code and not animation because...thats easier to do, you know).

If he grabs someone, he will scrape opponent along the floor. After going forward for some time, he will stop and throw opponent up. No point-blank fireball/firebreath this time since i wanted aerial version of Side B to be more different from ground version (and it can't be shorter in duration because of command grab limitations, so, it can't simply be him throwing opponent down and trying to make him fall with opponent resulted in him either going through platforms below or never letting opponent go). And it probably is more useful this way. I dunno.

Also, Down Throw was changed a bit since April Fools video. It now makes it easier to see what Ridley does, his tail doesn't goes that deep into opponent (just tail blade) and GFX is posed better. Other than that, no differences.

I'll try to pose him lower so he won't clip through platforms as much (it will still happen).

Old Side B may or may not return. Depends on how much space is left in animations file. I'll rework it though.
    « Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:52:01 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: April 05, 2015, 10:50:33 AM »

I am happy that I could help with Ridley in some way! keep up the good job Cheesy

Stupid Tinypic :C

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2015, 06:07:44 PM »

I am happy that I could help with Ridley in some way! keep up the good job Cheesy

And i am happy you helped.

Another SilentDo0m Ridley animation revamp stream is up!
    http://www.twitch.tv/silentdo0m
    Finally!

Post Merge: April 07, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
    Small update:
    I couldn't make Ridley throw opponent up, so, now he slams opponent into the ground. He doesn't has enough time to attack opponent after that without having to punish rolls or improper get up attacks unfortunately. If DTilt would be a little bit faster, he would be able to do so, but it usually hits opponent while opponent is invincible. There is another issue with it. If used close to the ledge, opponent will be thrown down off-stage. Fortunately, knockback is fixed on it, so, it never KOes on its own and Ridley can't really reach opponent in such state without risking to fall down into the blast zone.

Right now im working on aerial version and its a bit harder to do. I am limited with what i can do and if i wouldn't be able to make Ridley launch opponent diagonally with normal knockback instead of fixed knockback, then it might not work well. Have this for now:
    [​IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8s2hlvh.png[/img]
    Yes, he will be able to carry opponent anywhere he wants during aerial version of the grab for 58 frames, but he will move slowly. Throw ends with him blasting opponent out of his grasp with charged stream of fire. Also, i decided to abandon all of those specs in favor of Smash 3 rimlighting because that also fixes Super Scope/Zelda DThrow bugs and probably stage lighting bugs too and it also lowers file size of the models. Desaturated textures will be more signifficant too. I liked g effect on his wings, tongue, spikes, etc., but its more stable this way.

2nd animation stream on the same week?
    http://www.twitch.tv/silentdo0m
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:13:16 PM by R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ » Logged

DarkDeity
    Extreme Kitten

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

• Awards Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #129 on: May 02, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »

geez...I really wanna download this...but i..well am kind of a really big pit player and love what theyve donw with him in pm....would this psa be compatable with brawlex or is this SOLELY a project m moveset?

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2015, 10:26:25 PM »

geez...I really wanna download this...but i..well am kind of a really big pit player and love what theyve donw with him in pm....would this psa be compatable with brawlex or is this SOLELY a project m moveset?
    It is compatible, but current BrawlEx pack requires updating since right now, it uses Pit's SFX and GFX.

DarkDeity
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: May 02, 2015, 10:50:42 PM »

well then thats good. and I dont mind doin that. ive been meaning to start doing sfx edits[hell for a birthday suprise I plan to make my girlfriends bleach oc for brawlex. Moveset, model, unique voice, everything. but I need  a jumping off point fpr the sfx so...yeah this will be perfect.

Now before I do this. Is this alright that I include this ridley in a brawlex pack with his own soundbank?

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »

well then thats good. and I dont mind doin that. ive been meaning to start doing sfx edits[hell for a birthday suprise I plan to make my girlfriends bleach oc for brawlex. Moveset, model, unique voice, everything. but I need  a jumping off point fpr the sfx so...yeah this will be perfect.

Now before I do this. Is this alright that I include this ridley in a brawlex pack with his own soundbank?
    Not just soundbank. His GFX needs to be fixed too. Wither way, its fine if you will do that. I'd recommend using Meta Ridley for soundbank since he has a lot of sounds, yet it wouldn't be a case of UWAAAA-UWAAAA-UWAAAA or HAYATHAYATHAYATHAYAT or things like this like with Roy and Mewtwo in PM...if done right.

Blueblur22
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: May 03, 2015, 01:38:30 AM »

This psa is great but just curious if there is a way to improve the cpu's use of it. For example the cpu doesn't really use the down b move at all. Also the cpu doesn't really recover that well:

SSBB: Samus VS Ridley

SSBB: Ridley VS Samus
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:42:48 AM by Blueblur22 » Logged

DarkDeity
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #134 on: May 03, 2015, 02:36:32 AM »

eh Im fine with that. besides i play boss battles in project m alot more cause of that..its worht a good chuckle every now and then. and his gfx too? cool double practice session then....well wish me luck then XD heres to hoping i dont screw up

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10
    Print
    Jump to: