Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Dark Samus PSA- Heavy Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Influence  (Read 31188 times)
highonphazon
Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 23, 2014, 02:41:44 AM »

Move this to the right forum if this is the wrong spot please.

I've been working on a Dark Samus PSA for a while now. I guess the origins go back to Nuke's Dark Samus, then to Crony's, and now I'm heavily modifying them. Changes include custom animations, graphics, and I've changed basically every single move's hitboxes, lag, etc. in addition to her attributes. I guess my proudest modification is changing her stance, to me it looks exactly like it does from the Echoes Logbook lol. But the Wait animation needs work. So far I've got her Phazon Scattershot, Phazon Divebomb, Siphon Beam, and Dash attack from Echoes Corruption. Trying to keep the PSA as authentic to the Metroid Prime games.

Some facts:

-Port over Marth (done by batman64)
    -Uses actual Phazon texture from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    -no known errors! yay there is an easily fixed throw glitch that can happen randomly
    -CSS and in game portraits done
    -plan to modify her audio once PSA is complete

-To anyone knowledgeable in Special Move coding and if you like Dark Samus... come on board the project  Grin there are many things to be worked on!

Preview Pictures:

Phazon Divebomb, needs work on the electricity graphic

Animations WIP:

I did more work on the cartwheel from the Corruption fight, just need to make the ending smoother

Guess this is just a showcase and if anyone is interested in animation and graphic editing that would be fab.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:40:35 AM by highonphazon » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:32:32 AM »

this looks interesting if you need some specifiq psa help i could help here and there.

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:23:17 AM »

Looks great. I would recommend you to add aura effect to the gun in that Scattershot attack and maybe make Dive Bomb effect transparent (and it looks like it deals fire damage in screenshot you posted).

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »

this looks interesting if you need some specifiq psa help i could help here and there.

That would be great. If you could mess around with the specials that would be sweet. Specifically the Actions tabs, those confuse me. And any suggestions for changes are cool.

Looks great. I would recommend you to add aura effect to the gun in that Scattershot attack and maybe make Dive Bomb effect transparent (and it looks like it deals fire damage in screenshot you posted).

Thanks. Everyone tells me that about the aura but I hate how it looks lol. Not really reminiscent of Phazon imo.

The Divebomb covers Dark Samus fully in Echoes though. I stretched the sphere to make it resemble it better too. And that's not fire damage, it's the Flame Orbitar Dark Pit PSA... It was supposed to be a joke because Dark Samus should have been in over Dark Pit in SSB4 lol

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 06:57:12 AM »

if you really want trendils i had an idea just use ivisaur  up special vine model  recolour it with that bluish color and profit? you can easily make it pointy using bb vertex editer to do something simple like that i guess if you want it i could give it a try. not sure where to get the texture color tough.

Medo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »

Good luck with this! Smiley

I can't wait until this and Bagan's Ridley is finished; the Metroid Roster will finally have substance.
    Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus... brilliant.

sopur smehs bru fav gam

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »

if you really want trendils i had an idea just use ivisaur  up special vine model  recolour it with that bluish color and profit? you can easily make it pointy using bb vertex editer to do something simple like that i guess if you want it i could give it a try. not sure where to get the texture color tough.

I toyed around with it before actually but the Phazon texture wouldn't show up, instead the vine became the color of either Dark Samus or the opponent. And they are really hard to change with the scale mods in BB... BUt I will try again tomorrow. But yeah definitely give it a try. I can send you the link of the Phazon texture.

I have an idea for neutral special B move, wanna hear it? Maybe you can code it easily because it's tough for me.

Good luck with this! Smiley

I can't wait until this and Bagan's Ridley is finished; the Metroid Roster will finally have substance.
    Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus... brilliant.

Thanks! You are right, then the holy trinity of Metroid will be complete.

Medo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »

Thanks! You are right, then the holy trinity of Metroid will be complete.

Hell yeah, man.

sopur smehs bru fav gam

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »

I know this may be a bit early in the development of her, but I'd love for someone to polish her model. It's awesome that Crony was able to import it (i think via the Trophy in Brawl, which btw looks like absolute trash ...that bad stance and blurry textures, take a look if you don't believe me  I see what you did there ...

Notice how smooth she looks. And the Phazon crystals on her shoulders are animated, they flow like a liquid which looks awesome. I wonder if this is even possible to do... Just doing some advanced thinking lol

Edit: now that I compare Crony's model with the Echoes version, maybe all I have to do is decrease the sharpness and make it more black..
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:36:11 PM by highonphazon » Logged

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »

I know this may be a bit early in the development of her, but I'd love for someone to polish her model. It's awesome that Crony was able to import it (i think via the Trophy in Brawl, which btw looks like absolute trash ...that bad stance and blurry textures, take a look if you don't believe me  :>.>Smiley

Notice how smooth she looks. And the Phazon crystals on her shoulders are animated, they flow like a liquid which looks awesome. I wonder if this is even possible to do... Just doing some advanced thinking lol

It is possible to replicate with texture animations. This is what is used for lava in stages. Without them, lava just rises and goes down. I don't know how to make them though.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »

It is possible to replicate with texture animations. This is what is used for lava in stages. Without them, lava just rises and goes down. I don't know how to make them though.

Oh that's awesome, I'll look into it

Post Merge: September 25, 2014, 11:22:32 PM
    Anyone have any idea how to work with srt0 animations for textures?

I tried importing the magma srt0 from Norfair onto her but it doesn't work... then again, I have no idea how srt0's work
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:22:33 PM by highonphazon » Logged

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »

Small update Phaazlings.

Thanks to Carnage, we have some tendril graphics for her down smash. Trying to replicate the tendril attack that the Dark Samus assist trophy does in SSB4. And I want to replicate the attack she does in Corruption where she summons a giant Phazon spire into the arena. Still thinking on how this can be a balanced move....

Tried animating her wait stance to give it life... comments/critiques?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:52:22 PM by highonphazon » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 02:34:27 AM »

did the best i could considering that is a vertexed ivisaur vine  with some random animation i made just so they dont look static xD

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »

Looks good. It would look better if those tendrils would be rotated in such way they face Dark Samus/each other and use different texture. Like maybe recolored lava.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 05:08:51 PM »

Looks good. It would look better if those tendrils would be rotated in such way they face Dark Samus/each other and use different texture. Like maybe recolored lava.

Yes, I agree. Rotating is easily done I think.

But I really want a proper tendril model though lol. Tried using that boss from Other M that you sent and I isolated the tentacle but I don't know how to animate it. I think I need to "rig" it? I'm not 100% sure on that stuff though. And the texture's are screwy on the tendril, so i don't think using a lava texture would make a big difference.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: