Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Dark Samus PSA- Heavy Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Influence  (Read 31338 times)
highonphazon
Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 02:11:04 AM »

I've uploaded a video to Youtube showing some some updates, mostly graphical and animations. I really really really like how her Down Taunt came out, it looks very similar to the graphical effect from Echoes. Anyways, here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eutfiQPjBk

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »

Looks pretty good animations could use some work but only on some attacks.  Nice graphic work, though I wonder where you got that blue lightning GFX from  Roll Eyes
    -Omni

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »

Looks pretty good animations could use some work but only on some attacks.  Nice graphic work, though I wonder where you got that blue lightning GFX from  Roll Eyes
    -Omni

HAHA! Yep, at first I didn't think it was you but yeah. That graphic was the reason why I got into modding her in the first place though, so thanks and I'll credit you in the end. I saw it and I was like, damn that would work perfectly. One of the next things I want to do is animate it so it looks more like it does in Echoes.

And if you have any other awesome graphics for her, like maybe a tentacle (for Down Smash like the SSB4 Assist Trophy) that would be excellent and much appreciated.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:35:03 AM by highonphazon » Logged

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 03:25:11 AM »

Yeah that lightning graphic is a nice one good use of it.  No need to credit me haha honestly you can have all the beautiful graphics in the world but if the PSA itself isn't fluid and nice it makes no difference.  They just make nice icing on the cake, you did well with that rapid bullet blast [censored] thing too.

Now, about that tentacle check out the WIP thread I believe it's at the top of the last page, that's the GFX I'm using for Sceptile's Frenzy Plant I can retexture it and ship it over if that's something you'd like.
    -Omni

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 04:50:53 AM »

Yeah that lightning graphic is a nice one good use of it.  No need to credit me haha honestly you can have all the beautiful graphics in the world but if the PSA itself isn't fluid and nice it makes no difference.  They just make nice icing on the cake, you did well with that rapid bullet blast [censored] thing too.

Now, about that tentacle check out the WIP thread I believe it's at the top of the last page, that's the GFX I'm using for Sceptile's Frenzy Plant I can retexture it and ship it over if that's something you'd like.
    -Omni

Yep, totally agree with you. When I first started all I was doing was swapping animations and putting a bunch of common gfx and called it a day... looked like garbage. But seeing your gfx along with Tabuu's made me research into gfx, there's soooo many to be used, it's unreal.

And that would be amazing. Totally would put that tentacle to good use. I even have a texture that's 80% close to the one from SSB4.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:52:28 AM by highonphazon » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 04:53:32 AM »

-Omni

Take it, its most likely better rigged than my tentacles :V

Actually.... It looks a lot like the tentacles I have... Then again, tentacles look like that in general. Let me throw up a gif of the tentacles...

I was struggling with making it actually come out of the ground, so I ended up with that lol

Didn't move the bones too much, the rig is kinda meh.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:30:04 AM by Shulk » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 02:53:36 PM »

Take it, its most likely better rigged than my tentacles :V

Actually.... It looks a lot like the tentacles I have... Then again, tentacles look like that in general. Let me throw up a gif of the tentacles...

I was struggling with making it actually come out of the ground, so I ended up with that lol

Didn't move the bones too much, the rig is kinda meh.

I'll take any tentacle I can get lol. But I saw Omni's On Sceptile (frenzy plant or overgrowth? Been a long time since I've played Pokemon) and it's very good looking. And so is yours, wasn't that on someone's Dark Link PSA? And I animated Carnage's vertex of Ivysaur's Vine Whip very close to how you did it. The vital frames are the shrinkage at the end ha

But yeah, any tentacles would be lovely!

Large Leader

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »

wasn't that on someone's Dark Link PSA?

Yeah, mine Tongue

If Omni can't get you his, I'll send over mine.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 03:15:52 PM »

So personally I think Shulk's represents the tentacles of SSB4 a bit better and strip a texture off of Chaos (Which is on Sonic in the Vault) for that blue energy texture.  The only reason I would say go with mine is if you want it to flail around, for instance in Frenzy Plant the GFX shoot up from the ground before growing forward.
    -Omni

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 03:16:19 PM »

Yeah, mine Tongue

If Omni can't get you his, I'll send over mine.

Thanks, really appreciate it.

And now I just wanna throw out a thought out there for anyone who has some input. Been really torn between two options on what to give her for her special N. They are...

A.) uncharged- Missile, charged- Super Missile.
    If you've played Echoes you'd know that Dark Samus loves to spam Samus' missiles against her. Now I can probably get them to look close to how they do in the game but this kinda feels lazy even if they look good. I'm not really a fan of pseudo projectiles on the ThrowN bone and I don't know if there's a way to get a graphic to appear once the throwN bone (or any other bone used as a projectile) makes contact with a surface. Also, is it possible to have the hitbox end once it hits a surface? Is this only done with articles? Early versions had a missile on special N but having them travel thru walls was soo lame. Any input/suggestions?

B.) Phazon Overload/Phazon Corruption- this is just a wild brainstorm idea but I thought it would be really cool to have Dark Samus be able to power up her special moves with a charged Special N. I think Project M's Lucas has a move similar to this? I can likely get graphics to look really good and once I figure how to recolor and get the Final Smash aura onto her to signify full charge I think it would turn out to be quite a unique move.

Only thing is I don't know if it's even possible to code for this. For example... Normal Side B would be a regular sized Phazon Scattershot, simple 60-75 frame (forgot lol) move with the cool effects I already got, and charged Phazon Scattershot could have 1.5x range, a bigger Phazon particle graphic and some electricity effects to signify that's a more potent move.

Is it possible to code for two versions of special moves, and have one version happen dependent on Special N being fully charged?

Sorry for the long read but this decision has been bothering me lol

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »

And now I just wanna throw out a thought out there for anyone who has some input. Been really torn between two options on what to give her for her special N. They are...

A.) uncharged- Missile, charged- Super Missile.
    If you've played Echoes you'd know that Dark Samus loves to spam Samus' missiles against her. Now I can probably get them to look close to how they do in the game but this kinda feels lazy even if they look good. I'm not really a fan of pseudo projectiles on the ThrowN bone and I don't know if there's a way to get a graphic to appear once the throwN bone (or any other bone used as a projectile) makes contact with a surface. Also, is it possible to have the hitbox end once it hits a surface? Is this only done with articles? Early versions had a missile on special N but having them travel thru walls was soo lame. Any input/suggestions?

B.) Phazon Overload/Phazon Corruption- this is just a wild brainstorm idea but I thought it would be really cool to have Dark Samus be able to power up her special moves with a charged Special N. I think Project M's Lucas has a move similar to this? I can likely get graphics to look really good and once I figure how to recolor and get the Final Smash aura onto her to signify full charge I think it would turn out to be quite a unique move.

Only thing is I don't know if it's even possible to code for this. For example... Normal Side B would be a regular sized Phazon Scattershot, simple 60-75 frame (forgot lol) move with the cool effects I already got, and charged Phazon Scattershot could have 1.5x range, a bigger Phazon particle graphic and some electricity effects to signify that's a more potent move.

Is it possible to code for two versions of special moves, and have one version happen dependent on Special N being fully charged?

If I'm reading correctly (and assuming you mean what I think you mean), yes it should be possible.

O snap

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 06:28:26 AM »

If I'm reading correctly (and assuming you mean what I think you mean), yes it should be possible.

For the powered up special moves? Yeah now that I think about it, maybe taunt based moveset codes can be used for it.

Or did you mean about the projectiles?

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 06:30:28 AM »

you can make a fake  projectile detect if it hits a wall by giving it an hurtbox imo i did something like that with my old mewtwo port over marth for his neutral special when hitting a wall , tbh a power up neutral special seems something most psaers just throw on taunts  and not exactly a move itself that is usualy like a bonus.

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 07:06:16 AM »

Wanted to ask something about moveset - will Plasma Beam (from Ghor), fusion dark echoes dance something whatever (attack she uses to split and then regenerate if you won't take out real Dark Samus) or other MP3 attacks be used?

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 07:19:17 AM »

Wanted to ask something about moveset - will Plasma Beam (from Ghor), fusion dark echoes dance something whatever (attack she uses to split and then regenerate if you won't take out real Dark Samus) or other MP3 attacks be used?

I was initially against having a lot of MP3 moves actually. I did edit a cartwheel animation to look like the Echoes clone move though. Right now I made it her escape N animation. I also made the dash attack look like the attack from Corruption when the clones tackle you.

I have an idea about her F or Up smash to incorporate the clones though. There's a Naruto PSA that has him disappear and then reappear elsewhere to attack. If I could mix this effect with that animation that would be a really cool looking attack. I actually think it's a good idea to have a couple of nods to Corruption Dark Samus in this PSA. But maybe I can make a "Corruption" version of this PSA once it's done to have more moves.

About thr Ghor beam, Not sure yet but maybe i can make this a taunt switch gfx effect bc I have her thin blue phazon beam from Echoes for up throw atm.. But I know exactly what graphic to use for it, from Duon's efls data.
    It would be kinda hard to balance

Post Merge: October 05, 2014, 07:21:53 AM
    you can make a fake  projectile detect if it hits a wall by giving it an hurtbox imo i did something like that with my old mewtwo port over marth for his neutral special when hitting a wall , tbh a power up neutral special seems something most psaers just throw on taunts  and not exactly a move itself that is usualy like a bonus.

You don't seem to like a lot of my ideas :-(

But now that you say that, the down taunt I have in my latest video could be the power up move even though Dark Samus does that when she's "dying"
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:21:54 AM by highonphazon » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: