Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Dark Samus PSA- Heavy Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Influence  (Read 31348 times)
Omniscient X
Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »

Keep in mind that this is your PSA and only you decide what goes in it.  That being said, this is your chance to step outside, in this case, the Metroid universe and give Dark Samus's abilities enhancements or give old moves new purpose as you see fit.  Don't be afraid to be creative and change things up from the original incarnation of this character!
    -Omni

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:37 AM »

Keep in mind that this is your PSA and only you decide what goes in it.  That being said, this is your chance to step outside, in this case, the Metroid universe and give Dark Samus's abilities enhancements or give old moves new purpose as you see fit.  Don't be afraid to be creative and change things up from the original incarnation of this character!
    -Omni

yes, thanks for the motivation. My biggest obstacle is indecisiveness... Dark Samus has so much unique potential and there are so many gfx and animation possibilities I literally sometimes can't sleep HA. I want everything from gfx, movements, hitboxes, etc. to come together as good as possible.

i did give her a unique b air though. she makes a phazon shard appear on her cannon arm and slashes it backwards, somewhat like Ike's. she's never done this in the games but I thought it was a cool nod to her phazon producing abilities plus not every attack needs to be a crazy phazon gfx lol

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 02:08:54 AM »

there are so many gfx and animation possibilities I literally sometimes can't sleep HA. I want everything from gfx, movements, hitboxes, etc. to come together as good as possible.

The mark of a good modder is one who wants all things to be good, not just one thing. that was always my problem with making mods, i am over ambitious and i get discouraged when things take too long. Having no patience might kill ye. So sleep as much as you can, and let those ideas settle in like seeds in well nurtured soil. and eventually they will become even larger ideas.

i did give her a unique b air though. she makes a phazon shard appear on her cannon arm and slashes it backwards, somewhat like Ike's. she's never done this in the games but I thought it was a cool nod to her phazon producing abilities plus not every attack needs to be a crazy phazon gfx lol
    This is what i like to call "brawlifying" not all characters even have the moves that they perform in this game. Surely they either make in reference or use it to make a move work. how about FLUDD for Mario? i find it a pointless move personally, it could of have made the opponents trip, but it just pushes them.
        Making D.Samus make make a phazon crystal and attack with it? awesome and it makes complete and total sense for her to do so. i commend you for doing something like this.
        Her moves do not have to be all about phazon; she has plenty of potential. she is an "evil" clone of Samus Aran, so you could have her put some dark twists on what Samus actually does. just a meer thought.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »

The mark of a good modder is one who wants all things to be good, not just one thing. that was always my problem with making mods, i am over ambitious and i get discouraged when things take too long. Having no patience might kill ye. So sleep as much as you can, and let those ideas settle in like seeds in well nurtured soil. and eventually they will become even larger ideas.
    This is what i like to call "brawlifying" not all characters even have the moves that they perform in this game. Surely they either make in reference or use it to make a move work. how about FLUDD for Mario? i find it a pointless move personally, it could of have made the opponents trip, but it just pushes them.
        Making D.Samus make make a phazon crystal and attack with it? awesome and it makes complete and total sense for her to do so. i commend you for doing something like this.
        Her moves do not have to be all about phazon; she has plenty of potential. she is an "evil" clone of Samus Aran, so you could have her put some dark twists on what Samus actually does. just a meer thought.

Thanks for that motivation too! Glad to see people like the progress so far. I'm definitely becoming slightly obsessed with making it amazing, partly because its been TEN YEARS since Echoes came out  Shocked and I've been wanting her in Smash every since. Also because of y'all helpful people. Two people offering me tentacles? Awesome. And yes, some degree of Brawlification is definitely necessary. While I can simulate her wait stance, dodge movements and various shooting animations, she doesn't really do anything that looks like an aerial move that would fit in Smash. And when I try to brainstorm aerials (all that's left is u and f air) I get frustrated because I want her to reflect her Echoes iteration as much as possible...

And yes, I seriously considered using "corrupted" versions of Samus' attacks but I'm leaning against this. While not a bad idea, I think she should be completely different from Samus. I want her to be more mobile, fall faster (reflecting her wild, aggressiveness) and just have a general unique sense about her that I can't even put my finger on yet! While writing this I just thought of a neat move for her up air actually. Also maybe it would be cool to have her form lingering Phazon gas clouds after certain moves... Hmm. And I'm Gonna try to implement that thin laser attack she uses in the second fight... Back to the drawing board.

P.S.: does anyone know where in the Brawl partition the rest room for all star mode/Boss battles referenced? The one with the three heart containers.

Also, here is a little GFX update. I'm still working on getting that Phazon blue glow to work though...

Album with some more pics:

http://imgur.com/a/EaDee
    « Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:13:29 AM by highonphazon » Logged

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »

I'm so happy with how this move is coming out...

Dark Samus' new Up smash, based off of the Smash Bros 4 Assist Trophy. I'm calling it Phazon Orb Cannon.

Comparison:

Post Merge: October 12, 2014, 04:33:12 AM
    Here's a short video showing the progress on the Up Smash. It's supposed to work like the assist trophy but I don't know if there's a way to make the orbs homing...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztfBz1DDEo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztfBz1DDEo</a>
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:33:13 AM by highonphazon » Logged

batman64
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »

Great work on this dark Samus mod you're making. I'm glad to see my porting efforts weren't wasted. Dark Samus is one of my favorite potential newcomers for future smash bros games, so let me know if you need any help with anything. I may not be able to help immediately, but I know my way around PSA.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »

KJP found a very long and tedious way to make homing attacks work.

But I don't know if it'd apply to this attack here.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »

KJP found a very long and tedious way to make homing attacks work.

But I don't know if it'd apply to this attack here.

Funny you mention that. I was reading a topic on here by keromonkey and you all were having a very confusing discussion about homing attacks. I couldn't really follow  Tongue.

If only there was a simple "Homing" BB/PSA code...

Instead of trying to make the orbs homing after a fully charged Up Smash, I just made them fly out straight. They have far reach and their hitboxes are bigger than normal up smash, but the animation is 15-20 frames longer so I think it kinda balances out.

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 01:58:52 PM
    Great work on this dark Samus mod you're making. I'm glad to see my porting efforts weren't wasted. Dark Samus is one of my favorite potential newcomers for future smash bros games, so let me know if you need any help with anything. I may not be able to help immediately, but I know my way around PSA.

Thanks man. If it wasn't for your port I probably wouldn't have even given this a try. I'll gladly take any PSA coding help you can offer.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:58:53 PM by highonphazon » Logged

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »

I've updated the model's textures to look way better IMO. They're less pixelated and have a reflection shader. Last pic is Crony's original upload for comparison.

Brawlvault Entry: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206727

Pics:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:07:56 PM by highonphazon » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »

Wow i'm glad someone is doing this. since she was ported to marth there is a lot of potential PSA wise. (doesn't marth have one of if not the biggest filesize to work with?) i was never quite... happy with the dark samus mods that came out. they just seemed so plain.  (tho chrony's dark boost ball was awesome xD) she always seemed so light for dark samus.  like no one had quite found that perfect balance yet, i always felt she needed to be a heavier character then samus and possibly faster. the moves could easly compensate if there well coded so its not broken. in game she had a lot of fast weak attacks but also had those  Oh shi~ moves that you could see coming to dodge but delt tons of damage if they connected.

the biggest issue with crony's psa i had i think was the up B recovery. it was animated to shoot way up then drop down for a landing. and what i found would happen is i'd think i landed on the ledge only to fall thru it and self destruct Dx. i was actually gonna start a project using this as a base previously xD but i'm not good with PSA.  tho i did have an idea for the final smash. (altho its actually a samus move) i always thought Dark Burst would be an awesome final smash for her. (a giant black hole that sucks an opponent in, dealing massive damage)

i have high hopes to see where this goes, and i have many different builds of super smash bros mods to test for balance in all kinds of settings if you need it. i think above all i fully aggree with what omni said; make it your own. do what ever you feel would make her playstyle fun. so far it looks amazing i like the up smash so far xD nice touch with the graphics updates as well.

*also i am pretty sure chrony ripped the model from the MP2/3 games i think he had the final boss's model in his thread but he wasn't able to get it to work.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »

Wow i'm glad someone is doing this. since she was ported to marth there is a lot of potential PSA wise. (doesn't marth have one of if not the biggest filesize to work with?) i was never quite... happy with the dark samus mods that came out. they just seemed so plain.  (tho chrony's dark boost ball was awesome xD) she always seemed so light for dark samus.  like no one had quite found that perfect balance yet, i always felt she needed to be a heavier character then samus and possibly faster. the moves could easly compensate if there well coded so its not broken. in game she had a lot of fast weak attacks but also had those  Oh shi~ moves that you could see coming to dodge but delt tons of damage if they connected.

Yeah, my primary reason for doing this was to make her look cooler... there's so many graphics to choose from so I just had to do it. Crony's PSA is a good base to work off though. And I changed her weight and movement similar to how the SSB4 assist trophy moves. IMO it feels a lot more like how DS should move, but I'll let people decide for themselves once I release this lol.

the biggest issue with crony's psa i had i think was the up B recovery. it was animated to shoot way up then drop down for a landing. and what i found would happen is i'd think i landed on the ledge only to fall thru it and self destruct Dx. i was actually gonna start a project using this as a base previously xD but i'm not good with PSA.  tho i did have an idea for the final smash. (altho its actually a samus move) i always thought Dark Burst would be an awesome final smash for her. (a giant black hole that sucks an opponent in, dealing massive damage)

The up B is a pain in the butt to code for some reason. Crony's was a simple movement up and like you said it quickly dropped downwards... I didn't like this and came up with something completely different: a two part attack that works  kind of like DDD's. She does a backflip vertically in the air then crashes down in a Phazon meteor at the height of the jump... for some reason I can't get her to grab the ledge on the first part of the attack though aye. And the animation still needs work... soooo much to do with this move.

i have high hopes to see where this goes, and i have many different builds of super smash bros mods to test for balance in all kinds of settings if you need it. i think above all i fully aggree with what omni said; make it your own. do what ever you feel would make her playstyle fun. so far it looks amazing i like the up smash so far xD nice touch with the graphics updates as well.

Thanks for the support! I was just thinking today it would be a good idea to send this out to some interested people for constructive criticism. A lot needs to be done, and if you feel like adding something (especially polishing animations cause they're such a pain in the ass to work with lol) by all means go ahead. Yeah I'm really happy with up smash lol.

*also i am pretty sure chrony ripped the model from the MP2/3 games i think he had the final boss's model in his thread but he wasn't able to get it to work.

Funny thing, Crony just PM'd me today asking me to help with the model. Maybe we can finally bring Dark Samus' burning skeletal form to Smash.

Large Leader

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »

.. for some reason I can't get her to grab the ledge on the first part of the attack

Did you make sure to add a "Allow/Disallow Ledge Grab" or something to that effect?

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 10:50:56 PM »

Did you make sure to add a "Allow/Disallow Ledge Grab" or something to that effect?

Yep. I had someone else code it yet it's still not working well. Here's the code so far (i think I made some minor tweaks to it but it's mostly the same)

Allow Specific Interrupt: Grab Edge
    Set/Add Momentum: Horizontal=0, Vertical=1.3, Add/Set Horiz=0, Add/Set Vert=0
    Frame Speed Modifier: Multiplier=1.3x
    Super/Heavy Armor: State=None, Tolerance=7
    Synchronous Timer: frames=80
    Allow Specific Interrupt: Main
    Terminate Collisions
    Super/Heavy Armor: State=None, Tolerance=0

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 11:09:22 PM »

Can you send me the files in a PM. I'd like to check some other things that might relate to it.

O snap

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 11:11:17 PM »

Can you send me the files in a PM. I'd like to check some other things that might relate to it.

sure thing. the specials are a mess at the moment but by all means ha

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: