Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101770 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #120 on: February 28, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »

I'm running into difficulties; I'm trying to run my own Project M/Brawl 4 All custom pack using Brawl 4 All and it keeps freezing with a buzz sound when I try to go to the CSS. Would you please take a look at my setup for me, and figure out what I did wrong? I really need help with this! Sad

My SD Card Setup: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7ttejch46sxi8d/SD_Card.zip

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #121 on: March 01, 2015, 05:42:44 PM »

-snip

Sorry for inactivity. It's been a busy weekend.

Anyways, I have had this issue in the past. I believe that happened when I did the CSS Installation incorrectly. Is it possible that you could have accidentally deleted/overwritten the CSS Portraits/Icons of Mewtwo or Roy? That could very well be the case.

Either way, I'll take a look at your set up once I get the chance. I'll let you know after I check it out.

Oh... and thanks for supporting Project M D.I.Y. in your signature. It means a lot!  Cheesy

-Ty

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2015, 05:55:59 PM »

Sorry for inactivity. It's been a busy weekend.

Anyways, I have had this issue in the past. I believe that happened when I did the CSS Installation incorrectly. Is it possible that you could have accidentally deleted/overwritten the CSS Portraits/Icons of Mewtwo or Roy? That could very well be the case.

Either way, I'll take a look at your set up once I get the chance. I'll let you know after I check it out.

Oh... and thanks for supporting Project M D.I.Y. in your signature. It means a lot!  Cheesy

-Ty

Okay, thank you for offering to help. I'll soon test what I already tried, which was changing the CSPs that I imported to CMPR format, and see if that fixed it. And it means a lot to me that you're helping, because that means that I can make character packs if this can be successful, and then I can collab you and advertise it further! Cheesy
    Happy Face

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2015, 06:54:57 PM »

So it still froze, even with turning all imported icons into CMPR format, and the icons are all the same size, and I copied everything and then deleted the sounds, music, stages, and all associated files, which would work, so it must have something to do with the folder location or the common5.pac in the Project M D.I.Y. directories or something. Undecided

So it looks like I'm still gonna need help with this.

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #124 on: March 07, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »

As far as having Brawl 4 All with Project M goes, you're going to get some freezes regardless of what you do since it's designed for vanilla Brawl physics. I've messed around with it before, had the SSS crash, and many characters crash (Bomberman, Villager, Tabuu). What you can do, however, is disable the characters that crash and play with that, add some PM movesets and menus to the pack, or just play the vanilla pack. I suggest the last one, since many movesets are modified to work with the new characters, and the appeal of having PM movesets would be kind of gone. Also, if it's crashing on the CSS, just take the plain sc_selcharacter.pac and CSSRoster.dat from the pack without ANY edits, and it shouldn't crash. Make sure to have all the Brawlex files.

Also, I'm working on a Project M BrawlEx pack and it has everything PM 3.5 has (menus, CSS, etc.), just needs the codeset. If possible, I'd like to test your latest beta codeset since some 3.5 movesets require the codeset to function properly.
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:55:47 PM by DaDuckHuntDog » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »

I'm running into difficulties; I'm trying to run my own Project M/Brawl 4 All custom pack using Brawl 4 All and it keeps freezing with a buzz sound when I try to go to the CSS. Would you please take a look at my setup for me, and figure out what I did wrong? I really need help with this! Sad

My SD Card Setup: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7ttejch46sxi8d/SD_Card.zip

Nevermind; I'm just going to switch to multiple SD cards, and, for making packs, I'll not use BrawlEx at all.(I really could not get Nebulon's pack to load the CSS; it would modify the menu, but then it did a buzz freeze on loading the CSS, and that was without Project M D.I.Y.) I'll still advertise your cool project or whatever, though, Ty.

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #126 on: March 08, 2015, 11:27:34 PM »

Just wondering... how do I use this? I don't want to sound rude, but is there any tutorials for this? Thanks! Kirby Dance

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: March 09, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »

This build works the same way as the normal Brawlex builds work. There are a lot of Brawlex tutorials, just search "Brawl Expansion" for the main page of the mod and that should get you started.

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #128 on: March 09, 2015, 10:09:42 PM »

This build works the same way as the normal Brawlex builds work. There are a lot of Brawlex tutorials, just search "Brawl Expansion" for the main page of the mod and that should get you started.

Sorry for inactivity. Thank you for helping people with their questions, DuckHunt! Makes my job a lot easier! I am going to be inactive for a few more days and then hopefully I'll be able to get back to work.

-Ty

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #129 on: March 10, 2015, 05:57:13 PM »

Out of curiosity, what is left needed to get this updated? Cause i can't wait to use this for my 2.0 setup.

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: March 10, 2015, 06:32:17 PM »

Out of curiosity, what is left needed to get this updated? Cause i can't wait to use this for my 2.0 setup.

I still am waiting on the GCT codes for the update. Without them, I can't test anything. So this project is at a standstill until I'm given the new GCT. Sikura was working on a GCT for me, but I'm not sure if she still is. I have also contacted my old source for an new GCT, jasgx from the smashboards, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

In case your wondering, I need a special GCT that uses the codes of Projext M and BrawlEx. I'm no good a decrypting GCTs, so I must ask for assistance in the code department. Of course, in case any of the code providers are reading this, I cannot thank you enough for all your guys' help. Seriously, thanks.

-Ty

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: March 11, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »

Second question- do you know about any brawlex tutorials? My last 4 hour attempt... failed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2015, 05:08:56 AM »

I still am waiting on the GCT codes for the update. Without them, I can't test anything. So this project is at a standstill until I'm given the new GCT. Sikura was working on a GCT for me, but I'm not sure if she still is. I have also contacted my old source for an new GCT, jasgx from the smashboards, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

In case your wondering, I need a special GCT that uses the codes of Projext M and BrawlEx. I'm no good a decrypting GCTs, so I must ask for assistance in the code department. Of course, in case any of the code providers are reading this, I cannot thank you enough for all your guys' help. Seriously, thanks.

-Ty

I'm still working on it, just havent had much time. The biggest issue i'm having is finding all the IC constants and costume flags. i have a large chunk of it decoded now tho there is only about 20% unkown left.

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: March 19, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »

I'm still working on it, just havent had much time. The biggest issue i'm having is finding all the IC constants and costume flags. i have a large chunk of it decoded now tho there is only about 20% unkown left.

Again, I thank you for all your time and effort. It means the world to me.

Sorry for inactivity. I have had some personal stuff going on. Also, the past few days I have actually been working on a sort of secret project.

It has nothing to do with Project M DIY or even Project M for that matter. You will all see soon enough  Wink

TheOneSword
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #134 on: March 24, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »

When I try to load this up on HBC, I click Project M Launcher, and then it takes me to the PM interface. I click play, and it goes black for a minute, starts up, goes to the regular Brawl interface, and the character is not there anymore. Can someone help? I'm using an 8GB SDHC card, and all I did was copy the downloaded files, and tried to add Goku by MrUnusual, Maxi, SiLeNtDo0m, DivineOverlord, Jaklub, Mariodk, BigBadBooya, diedhammer98, Dot with credit to MarioDK, Beyond, SiLeNtDo0m, divineoverlord, Jaklub, BigBadBooya, ads15, KTH, Diedhammer98, 2DaMax92. I don't exactly know much about adding characters.

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16
    Print
    Jump to: