Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101894 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #90 on: January 24, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »

I was able to test out your codes and it did not work. I press play on the Project M launcher and it never finishes loading. I am using a real Wii with the Homebrew channel. I have all the codes in your codeset enabled and in GCT form in the codes folder. What should I do to fix this?

Edit: I also wanted to note that I did not add any more codes to your codeset
    i'm not very familliar with the launcher myself. there could be a few issues that cause this, as something similar happened when i made BeX compatible with our GCT. tried loading it with gecko? if so try the hook OSSleepThread. that usually fixes freezes at the strap screen, make sure you add the correct files as well (BX.rel, common5, common2, etc) when that happened to me it was an issue with the files themselves. another thing that can happen is you might have a corrupted iso, a friend had an iso that seemed to work but not with BeX, it just never loaded. she fixed it with a fresh one. i'll peak thru the codes again if these don't work for you.

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: January 24, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »

-snip

I actually use an actual copy of Brawl, not an ISO. I DID install all the core files for BrawlEx and the CSS expansion. I will try Gecko and see if that works. If not, than I'll try it on OSSleepThread. I'll let you know

Post Merge: January 24, 2015, 09:52:53 AM
    I just tested with Gecko and when I launch the game I get a green screen. I have force NTSC on and I have the hooktype as OSSleepThread. If you want to take a look at the codes I am using, here is the GCT file and here it is in .txt form

(TXT file Isn't exactly the same as the file you gave me. I didn't add any more codes, but I did enable all the existing ones and a few other things)
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:52:53 AM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: January 26, 2015, 02:14:44 AM »

I hope everything works out in the end D:
    You can do itttt!!

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: January 26, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »

I hope everything works out in the end D:
    You can do itttt!!

Aww... Thanks! I could use a little motivation! On another note (even though I'm not yet able to test it) I got all of the alternative costumes working with BrawlEx. I took a few hours of my life, but I finally did it. If only Project M 3.5 wasn't so dang hard to update to then PM DIY 2.0 would be out already! But I digress...

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: January 31, 2015, 06:20:36 AM »

I love this mod! It's so awesome to play as Mega Man, Dark Samus, and soon Bagan's Ridley! Also, how are the codes coming along? I saw you were having trouble so I tested them out myself using the hackless pm launcher, and got one black screen and one Exception DSI. I was using Brawlex v2, is that wrong? Anyway, hope you can figure out the codes!

seijinshu
    Advanced Kitten

I make high quality content.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: January 31, 2015, 06:25:29 AM »

Hey, I was wondering if I can help out with this mod. I learned modding this game very quickly, so even when it says I'm new, I'm very experienced, and would be a great help to do so.

Meow Meow comes the Fat Cat...

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: January 31, 2015, 09:20:01 PM »

I love this mod! It's so awesome to play as Mega Man, Dark Samus, and soon Bagan's Ridley! Also, how are the codes coming along? I saw you were having trouble so I tested them out myself using the hackless pm launcher, and got one black screen and one Exception DSI. I was using Brawlex v2, is that wrong? Anyway, hope you can figure out the codes!

Thank you for your support! And I do appreciate you trying to get the codes to work, but I recommend you don't. We have this whole thing under control.

Hey, I was wondering if I can help out with this mod. I learned modding this game very quickly, so even when it says I'm new, I'm very experienced, and would be a great help to do so.

That depends... what ARE your skills? We do need a bit of help on the GCT, so if you're skilled in the GCT department and are willing to help, that would be great! But other than that we perfectly fine.
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:50:17 AM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

seijinshu
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: February 02, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »

I could help, just if I can get a Decrypted GCT to start with, as I don't know all the codes by heart, but if I had a .txt gct f Project M, I can easily help,

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2015, 11:50:08 PM »

actually i used the v1 BeX, tho v1 and 2 use the same code to replace files. the heard of BeX is the module that loads the config files. wich is what changed most. tho that has nothing to do with the codes.

i've been tinkering with it still. tho i think the black screen is more likely to be with an invalid file. that normally happens when something is over then limit (usually a common or other file that loads at start up), it will take time to find out exactly what is going on. i also noticed a few codes i forgot to take out, tho they wouldn't cause the game to freeze at start up, more likely cause issues with the character selected. i have a better understanding of the layout of the codes now. i might try with the wifi safe version, since that one was the one that was edited for BeX in the first place.
    I could help, just if I can get a Decrypted GCT to start with, as I don't know all the codes by heart, but if I had a .txt gct f Project M, I can easily help,
    this here is the problem, PM is not keen on releasing their work. they don't like their project changed. its kinda ironic. so there is not any way to get a fully decrypted file, i'm decrypting it by hand.

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: February 05, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

Ok, so I tried adding the BrawlEx v2 core files only to the hackless (I use a Wii U) wifi-safe pm build using your codeset by itself and got a black screen. The only modifications to PM are: *root*\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf (like you explained), RSBE01.gct (your codeset), bx_fighter.rel (v2), ft_kirby.rel (v2), and common2.pac (v2). I remember you talking about replacing common5.pac, but what do I replace it with? There's nothing in the BrawlEx downloads involving common5, so am I supposed to replace it with something special or edit it? I'm pretty sure it's that file that needs to be replaced, since the codes look pretty solid. Sikura, just to let you know, your Brawl Vault thing in your signature leads to a virus website thing, you should really change it. At least, that's what Web Of Trust says. But anyway, great job on everything! Can't wait for a release!

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: February 05, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »

-snip

Well, I'm glad your at least trying to help... (Yourself, anyways xD )

I don't think she meant for you to try it. I think she meant that she was going to try and modify the codes to work with the Wifi version because she thought that might work better.

Regardless, the update will hopefully be out soon

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: February 05, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »

Yeah... sometimes I'm a little impatient and I wanted to see if I could help figure out how to get it to work. I've got plenty of other things to mess around with in the meantime,  so I'll leave it to you guys if that works better. Good luck on the Project though! By the way, what's the status? Have you gotten past the black screen yet?

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: February 05, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »

Have you gotten past the black screen yet?

I have not. GCT codes are not my department. Sirkura kindly volunteered to create GCT codes for the new update.

Also, I feel the need to explain that making Project M work with BrawlEx isn't as simple as changing the GCT code and adding BrawlEx files. You need to 1. Make all the costumes work with BrawlEx 2. Change Mewtwo and Roy into BrawlEx clones 3. Re-arrange the slots on the roster. ect.

Again, I recommend you just wait for the update.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2015, 08:31:23 AM »

Sikura, just to let you know, your Brawl Vault thing in your signature leads to a virus website thing, you should really change it. At least, that's what Web Of Trust says.

actually thats the old back up server for KCMM looks like its domain is for sale. i'll just have to change the code to the current BV. i'll do that later. thanks for letting me know. as for the common file there is an animation that needs to be added to allow the CSS slots to expand correctly. i don't remember it off the top of my head tho. sorry, i havent had much time to mess with this yet. tuesdays and wednesdays are my days off, so those are really the only days i have to look at the codes.

seijinshu
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: February 06, 2015, 10:38:47 AM »

hmm... can you private mesage me the GCT. I have a dolphin setup, and also can test it out on my wii.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16
    Print
    Jump to: