Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 16
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101074 times)
TheGamerKidTy
Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 04, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »

PROJECT M D.I.Y. IS NOW OFFICIALLY CONTINUED BY SIKURA
    YOU CAN FIND THE NEW THREAD HERE

[original thread]

Welcome to the home of Project M D.I.Y.!
      (I know, it's not the BEST logo ever...)

Info/About
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is a modified version of Project M that uses BrawlEx instead of the built in clone engine, enabling the ability to add your own clones. This means you can add 100+ more characters to the game without replacing a pre-existing ones like Mario or Pikachu. While there are already things like this, none are a clean slate for people to work off of. There was always something a character or a stage but this is just ready to be modified to your liking.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ
      Q.  ZOMG WHERS THE DOWNLOAD!?!?!?!??!?!? GIMME GIME!!!!!

A.  Please see the downloads section below

Q.  Is there any way I can help you with the development of the pack?

A.  You sure can! A HUUUUUGE way you could help is if you helped me with current
      bugs in the pack. Please go here to see the current bugs in the pack.
      You can also help by reporting any bugs you find in the pack.

Q.  Do you take donations?

A.  I do not take donations. All I want is for people to enjoy what I make.

Q.  Can I be a dev for this pack?

A.  I would appreciate an extra hand, but honestly, this pack will only
      be updated when Project M updates or when BrawlEx updates. This IS after all just a
      template for you guys to use and make packs with. (In short, thanks, but no thanks)

Q.  WHEN WILL THIS PACK UPDATE!?!? ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.  If it is not up to date with the latest Project M and/or BrawlEx, It will soon enough.
      It takes time to update this pack, so sit back and wait.

Q.  I FOUND A BUG!! What now?

A.  Go to this page and tell me in a reply to the thread what it is.
      I will try to fix it as soon as I can.

Q.  Aren't there things out there already like this?

A.  Yes, there are. But the thing that sets this aside from the rest is that it
      is a completely clean slate for you to work off of. Want Goku as a character?
      Add him! Want Banjo and Kazooie to be a character? Add them! This is
      meant for you to use and have fun with.

Q.  Can I make a pack with this?

A.  If it's for personal/private use: sure you can!
      If it's for public use (ie: posting for everyone to use) You can as long
      as you give credit to me and include a link to this page

Q.  Could you make a version that uses the beta version of
      BrawlEx or Project M?

A.  That is for you to do. Things like that hinder the bug free experience.
      However, If you so choose, you can modify it yourself to work with the beta build.

Q.  WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR OLD LOGO!?!

A.  I realized that the chalkboard clipart I used in the original Logo was actually copywritten. Due to this, I had to change my logo. I don't like this new one as much, but I might make one more reminiscent of the old one in the future.

Did your question not get answered in the FAQ?
      Ask below!

Downloads
      NOTE: Please keep in mind that this project is still in BETA. Please report any bugs you find to the
      bug fixing thread

Hacked:     Mirror1  Mirror2

Hackless:   Mirror1  Mirror2

Stage Expansion Versions

Hacked
      ----------------------------------------------
      Classic Stage Expansion:   Mirror1 Mirror2

Stage Template +12 Version:  Mirror1  Mirror2

Stage Template +16 Version:  Mirror1  Mirror2

Stage Template +36 Version:  Mirror1  Mirror2

Hackless
      Classic Stage Expansion:   Mirror1  Mirror2

Stage Template +12 Version:  Mirror1 Mirror2

Stage Template +16 Version:  Mirror1 Mirror2

Stage Template +36 Version:  Mirror1 Mirror2

Installation
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Installation is universal for all versions

MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO LEVELS IN THE LEVEL EDITOR!! BRAWL COMES WITH 3 PRE-MADE ONES!!

1. Download desired version

2. Open downloaded zip file and put the contents on a 2gb or less SD card with no files on it

3. Insert SD card into your wii

4a. If your using Hacked version, go to the Homebrew channel and load Project M launcher and select Launch/Start

4b. If your using Hackless version, launch Super Smash Bros Brawl and go to level editor. This will cause a thing to show up on screen for about 10 seconds. THIS IS NORMAL! This will load the Project M Launcher. Select Launch/Start

Now you can add clones (and stages) as you please! I'm not going to tell you how to do so because there are already so many tutorials. Here is a very well done tutorial. However, some of the steps in it are irrelevant due to the fact that it is already preset for you. In fact, the first 7 minutes are completely useless in our case, which is why I had the link skip to 7 minutes.

Changelog

2.0 | COMING SOON
      -----------------------
      • Updated to Project M 3.5
      • Updated to BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0
      • Updated to latest Stage Expansion Packs (for stage expansion versions)
      • Various Bugfixes

1.3 (Bugfix Update)
      -----------------------
      • Fox's last alternate costume wasn't working.
        That is fixed in this update

1.2 (Bugfix Update)
      -----------------------
      • Reworked so that the CSS Expansion properly installed

-----------------------
      • Initial release

[IMPORTANT!!] Bugs
      There are still many bugs to be found in Project M D.I.Y., which is why I need YOUR help!

If you find any bugs with this pack, PLEASE let me know here. You can also help me with bugs I can't solve for the life of me on the same page.

Want to support the project?
      You can support the project by putting this code into your signature
      [/list]
      Code:
      [url=http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71445.0][img width=695 height=203]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/tgk_ty/Public/ProjectMDIYSig2_zpsb0eb5759.png[/img][/url]

Here's what it looks like in action:

Thanks for supporting this project! It means a lot to me!  Kirby Dance

Credits

Devs:
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      • TheGamerKidTy | Creator of Project M D.I.Y. and currently the only developer for it

Content used:

People who have helped with bugs (so far)
      • Moydow (from the Smashboards)
      • jasgx (from the Smashboards)

Logo Credits
      • Project M Team | For Project M Logo
      • cooltext.com | For "D.I.Y." in the logo

BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE READ THE FAQ
      Thank You
      « Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:58:52 PM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

Dragoon Fighter
      Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:20:08 AM »

Really no comments? I assume that it is an update to project ex, I guess I will have to try it out later, but atm I am a bit tied up hopefully it works out fine.

TheGamerKidTy
      Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »

Really no comments? I assume that it is an update to project ex, I guess I will have to try it out later, but atm I am a bit tied up hopefully it works out fine.

Actually, I made this from the ground up. But yes, basically it is.

kanjaroo
      Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »

I'm confused. You didn't say what's different at all... like what have you changed? How many characters? Plus, there ARE some that work well at the moment, like mine Wink . I added 14 characters and removed the CSS flicker that makes the CSS look glitchy. Here's the link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69628.0

I'm on the verge of perfecting mine... once I'm done giving 10 costumes to every character in the game that is.

TheGamerKidTy
      Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »

I'm confused. You didn't say what's different at all... like what have you changed? How many characters? Plus, there ARE some that work well at the moment, like mine Wink . I added 14 characters and removed the CSS flicker that makes the CSS look glitchy. Here's the link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69628.0

I'm on the verge of perfecting mine... once I'm done giving 10 costumes to every character in the game that is.

If you had read the Info/About, you would have known that this is a clean slate for people to work off of and add their own clones. I didn't add any characters or stages or music (Thus why I said Project M + BrawlEx TEMPLATE). This is just purely Project M modified to use the BrawlEx clone engine. Nothing more, nothing less. If you have any more questions about this pack, please see the FAQ  Wink

(And by the way, I meant ones that work well as a template for others. Not saying yours isn't good or anything, great in fact, but do you think your pack will work as well if I were to add, oh I dunno, 5 characters on top of all of the characters you have? Exactly.)

(Also, If this came off as rude, sorry. I was just trying to explain the best I could)
      « Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:35:06 PM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

JesucristoCROW
      Mega Kitten

Are you speaking to La Bello?

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 02:27:53 AM »

What characters does this build have? and how do i add more if its mixed with PM?

imcoolfool
      Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 09:18:21 AM »

Thank you for this, I hated organizing folders. You made the job easier Cheesy

TheGamerKidTy
      Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »

Thank you for this, I hated organizing folders. You made the job easier Cheesy

No problem! Glad to see people are enjoying Project M D.I.Y.!

What characters does this build have? and how do i add more if its mixed with PM?

This comes with no characters besides the ones already in Project M. As for adding more characters, It should be the same process. However, the BrawlEx Clone Tool is very glitchy with this, so you have to use the traditional method (If you have any more questions, please see the FAQ)
      « Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:11:28 AM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

thieftheodore
      Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

great work so far, but could you include brawlex css expansion in the next update please ?

TheGamerKidTy
      Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 04:16:46 PM »

great work so far, but could you include brawlex css expansion in the next update please ?

Umm... it is already

thieftheodore
      Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »

Umm... it is already
      oh.. is that so ? but in the current build (hacked and hackless both with no stage expansion) i can only manage to add maximum 8 clone character, the 9th clone character onwards won't appear in the css  unless i manually add brawlex css expansion files.

sorry for my poor english

TheGamerKidTy
      Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »

oh.. is that so ? but in the current build (hacked and hackless both with no stage expansion) i can only manage to add maximum 8 clone character, the 9th clone character onwards won't appear in the css  unless i manually add brawlex css expansion files.

sorry for my poor english

That's quite alright my friend,

Do you happen to be using the BrawlEx clone tool? The BrawlEx clone tool is unfortunately incompatible with Project M DIY. But it isn't that hard to add clones without the clone tool. The video tutorial is at the bottom of the installation Spoiler.

To add clones to my CSS roster, I go to the BrawlEx folder in my pf folder and open CSSRoster.dat with the BrawlEx Config Utility. (v1.3) Then, up near the top of the Config Util window, you want to press the up arrow next to the number in the white box. (After increasing the number, be sure to click the scroll bar next to all the fighters. If you use the scroll wheel after clicking one of the little arrows, it will either add of take away a lot of fighters, and that ain't good.) Scroll down to the bottom of the list and find where it says 29 Random. Click on it a few times, and change it to your clones ID. Then, change the 00 Mario RIGHT below where Random used to be, change that to 29.

Please tell me if you need anymore assistance
      -Ty

thieftheodore
      Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »

That's quite alright my friend,

Do you happen to be using the BrawlEx clone tool? The BrawlEx clone tool is unfortunately incompatible with Project M DIY. But it isn't that hard to add clones without the clone tool. The video tutorial is at the bottom of the installation Spoiler.

To add clones to my CSS roster, I go to the BrawlEx folder in my pf folder and open CSSRoster.dat with the BrawlEx Config Utility. (v1.3) Then, up near the top of the Config Util window, you want to press the up arrow next to the number in the white box. (After increasing the number, be sure to click the scroll bar next to all the fighters. If you use the scroll wheel after clicking one of the little arrows, it will either add of take away a lot of fighters, and that ain't good.) Scroll down to the bottom of the list and find where it says 29 Random. Click on it a few times, and change it to your clones ID. Then, change the 00 Mario RIGHT below where Random used to be, change that to 29.

Please tell me if you need anymore assistance
      -Ty

nope i didn't use brawlex clone tool to add clone character, I add them with the traditional method and still only 9 (sorry I miscounted it before) clone character appear on the css.

here's the screenshot without brawlex css expansion

and here's with brawlex css expansion

TheGamerKidTy
      Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
      « Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »

-snip

Oh, I'm sorry. I misread your message. Ok, I'll work on that. Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll have an bugfix update hopefully out soon. Stay tuned!

thieftheodore
      Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
      « Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »

Oh, I'm sorry. I misread your message. Ok, I'll work on that. Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll have an bugfix update hopefully out soon. Stay tuned!
      can't wait for the next update that will fixed the issues
      on another note, do this pack compatible with adding cosmetics for clone character with brawlex clone tool ?

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 16
      Print
      Jump to: