Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101090 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #180 on: April 11, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »

lol I hope you're not referring to me!

Anyway, I was about to post more about what I found while testing the GCT but it seems like you guys already beat me to the draw with most of it, especially with Red. He still appears in the background and throws pokeballs when they try to do their down B. I'm using PM's most recent module files, too, so there's probably a different file that removes Red.
    the modules for PM aren't the same ones for EX. they have codes in the GCT to read them since pokemon don't normally have a seperate REL file for each its all in the PT module. tho expect it eventually, they added modules for samus/ZSS for seperate slots, i would imagine a pokemon one is in the works.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #181 on: April 11, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »

Hmm i didn't see the whole sora thing till i had downloaded BB 0.75b. had been using 0.69. derp.  but ill check out the sections in there and experiment to see what needs to be patched. i hope i helped in any kind of form.

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2015, 01:00:27 AM »

Hmm i didn't see the whole sora thing till i had downloaded BB 0.75b. had been using 0.69. derp.  but ill check out the sections in there and experiment to see what needs to be patched. i hope i helped in any kind of form.

Actually your helping loads! seeing as i'm busy with work atm its nice to have some help from time to time. let me know what you find ^^

TheStarThief
    Advanced Kitten

All new life... Carries the essence of stars...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: April 12, 2015, 12:29:22 PM »

Seems pretty interesting. Can't wait to see this released.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #184 on: April 12, 2015, 08:08:31 PM »

So i had looked inside of the common 2 inside the misc data 11(sora_Melee) section, and there are 6 sections with the rest being Null. Half of them contain nothing(some have all 0's) and some are full of numbers and letters. Sections 1, 3, and 6 have nothing(6 is full of 0's, 3 has about one line of 0's, and 1 is completely empty),so it can't be in those. Sections 2, 4, and 5 all have numbers and letters, so it has to be in one of those, but i have this weird feeling it's in section 5, but I'm not sure. i would help further, but im inexperienced in Hex, so this is how far i can go. I hope what i found can give you a good start.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »

i might compare  the 2 sora_melee files to find whats different in them with a hex editor. (BeX and normal brawl) see what i can find.

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: April 15, 2015, 01:46:20 PM »

Sikura, I checked the files the other day and found that the only difference between BEX and vB is the Section [7] (in vBrawl, it's null/unused) which handles clones slots and cosmetics on the CSS. Interestingly, according to my hex editor (HxD) the vB sora_melee is identical to the PM 3.5 sora_melee, which made my head hurt for a long while... But the problem is, the call for the texture change for stamina mode must be in sora_melee since putting the BEX file in did nothing to enable it, which made my head implode on itself... Let me know what you find, since this has been annoying me.

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #187 on: April 19, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »

I'm wondering if I should gather a team of people to help me with these updates. I have been extremely busy lately (and sick) so it would be great if I had more people working on it with me.

You all seem very determined and I like that. I think I'll make a application you can fill out and send in to me.

Would you guys be interested?

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: April 19, 2015, 10:09:21 AM »

Yes, I'd be interested with helping, I'm experienced with BEX and modding in general, and can help test on hardware (hackless vWii).

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: April 19, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »

Sounds tempting. I wouldn't mind Helping and testing the game out at all. I can't code very well, nor am i great at Hex, but testing and finding cause and effect is something i'm good at. I would love to help! I really wanna see this update finished and future ones as well. Also like Daduckhuntdog said, im really experienced at brawl modding and Brawlex.
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:16:18 PM by Ghost Wolf » Logged

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: April 20, 2015, 10:56:44 AM »

Just as we're about to finish updating to PM 3.5, they announce 3.6.... wow PM dev team....  Im srs here
    (Although that Mario Sunshine Bonus level Stage looks awesome..)

I have been working on PM DIY all morning. A ton of bugs I still need to fix. If I can't figure out how to fix them, hopefully you guys can help me. I'll be back soon if I need assistance

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #191 on: April 20, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »

Just as we're about to finish updating to PM 3.5, they announce 3.6.... wow PM dev team....
    I was wondering about that. I've been kind of just lurking this thread waiting to see what you guys figure out. Haven't tested anything myself though. Haven't had time. Only have like 3 more weeks of school left though, so once summer hits expect to be seeing me more involved in the brawl hacking again.  Wink

For that whole 3.6 issue...

Additional costumes? No problem with BrawlEx
    Additional stages/ Alt stage loader? That's an issue...

I feel though that the dev team won't be changing much of the character codes, but only adding the stage codes. That shouldn't be too bad to add. It also shouldn't be too bad to find the added character codes. Just comparing 3.5 to 3.6 and adding what is different to your codeset.
    Unless you guys are using a different method for stages... I haven't really been paying that much attention lately. Tongue

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »

Just as we're about to finish updating to PM 3.5, they announce 3.6.... wow PM dev team....  Im srs here

I have been working on PM DIY all morning. A ton of bugs I still need to fix. If I can't figure out how to fix them, hopefully you guys can help me. I'll be back soon if I need assistance

i think i can get it working faster now with PM 3.6 i'll look at it later.  i don't think the alt loader will cause issues either. besides if it does you can just add the SSS expansion and put the stages in.  there is a new stock code, that may cause issues with characters that don't normally have a stock icon of their own, again i think its an easy fix, just need to add stocks to the clones.

not much really changed in 3.6, its almost purely aesthetic besides adding new stages,

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: April 21, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »

I decided I will open applications for becoming a member after 2.0 is released

As for the bugs, no progress. Hopefully I will figure it out soon Sad

I'll be back with more updates soon

Post Merge: April 21, 2015, 03:57:58 PM
    Alright, I've just finished a full test with Mewtwo & Roy
    Here are the problems I am having with them

Mewtwo
    --------------------

Mewtwo is almost perfect from what I can tell. His only main flaw is that his shadow balls are invisible. I tried to fix it the same way I did in the past (by changing the "ef_mizuo" in FitMewtwo.pac to "ef_lucario") however it does not work anymore.

A few other minor flaws I found were that Mewtwo's "hover" move doesn't work every time I try to perform it. This may just be because I am doing it wrong but I still thought it was not worthy.
    Also, Mewtwo's announcer call at the end of a match is "Lucario" but I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with BrawlEx and I have no power to fix it. If I can, please let me know.

Roy
    --------------------

Roy seems to be okay but he has two major bugs that will often freeze the game and give the infamous *beeeeeeeep* everyone knows and loves.

1. When performing his final smash the game will freeze. I was able to perform it once without a crash but that hasn't happened since.

2. When leaving a match to the results screen it will freeze. Interestingly this also happened for me in training mode despite the lack of a results screen.

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much for your support.
    -Ty
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:57:58 PM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #194 on: April 21, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »

Yea i had that roy freeze at the end of the match too. Was wondering what was going on. i noticed if you started the match, but don't move, then go back, it wont freeze, but a good set of attacks and movement and you get a freeze. Not really sure exactly whats going on with it. Never really tried mewtwo at all.

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
    Print
    Jump to: