Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101072 times)
Ghost Wolf
Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »

Alright! So today i was able to fix the jab glitch!  Happy Face Turns out that project M changes some of the bit variables used in psa. All the characters i added weren't project m style, so they didn't use the correct bit variable in the attack 11 and 12 sections in their respective fighter.pac files. They used bit variable 16 and 22, while project m characters use 16 and 17. All i had to do was change 22 to 17. Also some of the variables were misplaced. But now their Jab combo works perfectly!   Grin

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #211 on: May 27, 2015, 02:16:09 AM »

Alright! So today i was able to fix the jab glitch!  Happy Face Turns out that project M changes some of the bit variables used in psa. All the characters i added weren't project m style, so they didn't use the correct bit variable in the attack 11 and 12 sections in their respective fighter.pac files. They used bit variable 16 and 22, while project m characters use 16 and 17. All i had to do was change 22 to 17. Also some of the variables were misplaced. But now their Jab combo works perfectly!   Grin
    that is a good find. i think for the most part the coding is done, i can't find any freezes related to it, been tinkering with getting it to work with the stage expansion pack.

successfully added clones and stages to it.  however clones freeze as soon as the match starts. (all of them ._.) its different from freezes i've had in the past, normally a broken character freezes in 3 locations

1) at the CSS, (bad config files usually)
    2) at the results screen (usually when results data is wonky (I.E. many unused, or wrongly named)
    3) final smashes. usually the final resources aren't set up (fit___final.pac)

this one is freezing as soon as the match starts. it counts down from 3 then gives a loud beep when it says "GO"

i'm gonna try a clean install, being i may have rushed and messed something up. i'll post the GCT later if anyone wants to test it.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #212 on: May 27, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »

Hey, I have the 12 stage expansion version of D.I.Y. and for some reason the stages don't show up on the character select screen and instead it loads PM 3.5.

What I did was I removed all the custom stages that were there and added the new stages but changed there names to "STGCUSTOMXX".  Is there a way to fix the problem?

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #213 on: May 27, 2015, 12:00:06 PM »

that is a good find. i think for the most part the coding is done, i can't find any freezes related to it, been tinkering with getting it to work with the stage expansion pack.

successfully added clones and stages to it.  however clones freeze as soon as the match starts. (all of them ._.) its different from freezes i've had in the past, normally a broken character freezes in 3 locations

1) at the CSS, (bad config files usually)
    2) at the results screen (usually when results data is wonky (I.E. many unused, or wrongly named)
    3) final smashes. usually the final resources aren't set up (fit___final.pac)

this one is freezing as soon as the match starts. it counts down from 3 then gives a loud beep when it says "GO"

i'm gonna try a clean install, being i may have rushed and messed something up. i'll post the GCT later if anyone wants to test it.

Whoa. That's very strange, indeed. I have the 35 stage expansion on mine and i don't ever get freezes unless there are problems with the moveset. And what your going through sounds like what i had went through when i made a attempt to add brawl ex to 3.5. Only deleting the css codes and nothing else. I imagine that a clean install could help. I use your beta 3.5 gct(With Melee Airdodge) and i added the 35 stage expansion with no problem, so thats quite weird. i'll test out your gct if you post it.

Oh and omegafalcon, Did you have project M anywhere on your sd card before installing. If so, You have to fully erase any builds of PM before installing Project M D.I.Y.
    « Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:13:28 PM by Ghost Wolf » Logged

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #214 on: May 28, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »

Oh and omegafalcon, Did you have project M anywhere on your sd card before installing. If so, You have to fully erase any builds of PM before installing Project M D.I.Y.

I put it on a USB so that Id have 3.5 on my SD card and D.I.Y. on my USB. When loading it from the USB(which recently broke so I can no longer use it) it would load 3.5.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2015, 02:30:27 AM »

I put it on a USB so that Id have 3.5 on my SD card and D.I.Y. on my USB. When loading it from the USB(which recently broke so I can no longer use it) it would load 3.5.
    i think thats your problem there. Riivo is the only thing out there that can patch from a USB drive, and brawl EX doesn't really support it. try copying the data to an SD card instead.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #216 on: May 28, 2015, 02:37:54 AM »

i think thats your problem there. Riivo is the only thing out there that can patch from a USB drive, and brawl EX doesn't really support it. try copying the data to an SD card instead.
    OK, tried it and it worked, a couple of stages you couldn't actually see, but they may have to do with the rel.

Could you guys tell me how to get stages with multiple files to work? I wanted Grunty's Lair and Sky Pillar, but the game freezes after selecting them.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #217 on: May 28, 2015, 11:37:10 AM »

Do the stages need rel files? If so make sure you only have 1 rel file, not one for each stage.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #218 on: May 28, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »

Do the stages need rel files? If so make sure you only have 1 rel file, not one for each stage.

Grutnty's Lair goes over FD by default, but goes over Luigi's Mansion and Sky Pillar goes over itself.

Post Merge: May 29, 2015, 03:19:59 PM
    I've run into another problem. When I try changing the Icons using BrawlManger, it changes the icons for all the stages. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I assign music to my Custom Stage?
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:19:59 PM by omegafalcon » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2015, 11:20:21 PM »

Whoa. That's very strange, indeed. I have the 35 stage expansion on mine and i don't ever get freezes unless there are problems with the moveset. And what your going through sounds like what i had went through when i made a attempt to add brawl ex to 3.5. Only deleting the css codes and nothing else. I imagine that a clean install could help. I use your beta 3.5 gct(With Melee Airdodge) and i added the 35 stage expansion with no problem, so thats quite weird. i'll test out your gct if you post it.
    i'm 90% certain its an error on my part, stages and normal characters load fine, its just the clones. (also found a few that gave a silent freeze, oops! forgot something) i think i was just rushed to try it out.  i have a feeling its one of the core files i'm missing, its unlikely i messed them all up.i just added the changes from 3.5 to the gct in liberternies pack.  it works for the most part. just not clones. i'll try messing around with it again later.

Grutnty's Lair goes over FD by default, but goes over Luigi's Mansion and Sky Pillar goes over itself.

Post Merge: May 29, 2015, 03:19:59 PM
    I've run into another problem. When I try changing the Icons using BrawlManger, it changes the icons for all the stages. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I assign music to my Custom Stage?

grunties lair is defaulted to FD, make sure you get a FD rel file if your porting it to another stage. here is a very useful site:
    http://www.lakora.us/rel/
    select the base stage on the left, then select the one its going over and it will make the rel file you need.

the brawl manager i'm not sure about, i recommend asking in the creators thread. should be first page in programing.

JesGamer
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #220 on: June 02, 2015, 03:56:27 PM »

How do you get Project m 3.5 working with Brawlex?

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #221 on: June 03, 2015, 07:02:20 AM »

I'm having problems but this post was out of date so check below for the new problems!!
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:26:25 PM by 123123sora » Logged

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #222 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »

Guys i have wonderful news! I may have found a way to bypass our Roy freezing problem, as i was able to use my pm Roy on my build. I need just a little bit more time to test though. I will message you all what i did when i am finished with the test.

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #223 on: June 04, 2015, 05:28:24 PM »

I've been trying to get this thing working for forever now. I've gotten the farthest I've ever gotten yet because before, it usually wouldn't even load the CSS. But now...

I've added two clones into the game, Lucina (over Marth) and Yuna (over zelda). They both work, their CSP's and such all show up in-game so I've got that part down. They also load up their costumes but then they crash when the match ends. so there's something wrong with the way i've set up results but i don't know what. I've been trying to find out what's wrong but i can't. It's really getting to be a headache for me.

I'll upload the files for them and perhaps someone could take a look at it and see what I did wrong?

Yuna takes up slot 41 and has cosmetic slot 110, while Lucina takes up slot 42 and has cosmetic slot 111. Lucina uses the default fire emblem icon and Yuna uses a custom FFX Franchise icon, which takes up the franchise icon slot 21..

Also is there an easy way to disable Yuna's down-b?? i don't want her to transform. It freezes the game anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5vhvopdfsfweut/Yuna%20and%20Lucina%20setup.zip?dl=0

Please help me! I've tried asking a ton of people for help and nobody has responded.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #224 on: June 04, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »

I am so glad that You posted here, as it helps with my hypothesis. I Am also having the same freezing problem as you are, and i think it's helping me see why i cant get Roy to work properly. It seems that one of marth's files(cosmetic,slot,fighter,cssslot,and rel) could have a bug that makes the game freeze after leaving the match. I hypothesize this because i have added 4 different marth clones. These are as follows: Thany Roy, PM Roy, Sephiroth, And even regular Marth to test. They ALL froze after a little action and Some of them froze after getting the final smash, like GamerkidTY Posted earlier, but i was able to fix that by either changing the fit final with other ones that are compatible, or just simpily turning the fit final off in the fighter.dat file.(Worked for sephiroth and was still able to do his final smash with no freezing.) Im not sure what the bug is, but somethings wrong with marth's files. I thought i had found a way to bypass it, but I was quickly proven wrong. And also, Zelda clones do the freezing glitch too?! 

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16
    Print
    Jump to: