Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16]
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101082 times)
123123sora
Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #225 on: June 04, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »

I am so glad that You posted here, as it helps with my hypothesis. I Am also having the same freezing problem as you are, and i think it's helping me see why i cant get Roy to work properly. It seems that one of marth's files(cosmetic,slot,fighter,cssslot,and rel) could have a bug that makes the game freeze after leaving the match. I hypothesize this because i have added 4 different marth clones. These are as follows: Thany Roy, PM Roy, Sephiroth, And even regular Marth to test. They ALL froze after a little action and Some of them froze after getting the final smash, like GamerkidTY Posted earlier, but i was able to fix that by either changing the fit final with other ones that are compatible, or just simpily turning the fit final off in the fighter.dat file.(Worked for sephiroth and was still able to do his final smash with no freezing.) Im not sure what the bug is, but somethings wrong with marth's files. I thought i had found a way to bypass it, but I was quickly proven wrong. And also, Zelda clones do the freezing glitch too?!  

D-Do they?? it would be stupid if the only clones i tried were the broken ones!!!
    Sad

Is there anything wrong with my files though?? (Besides the thing in Lucina's results portraits file because i already fixed the numbers)

I'm going to replace Zelda's files with a peach clone. I'll report back to you if it works or not!

EDIT: I replaced the Zelda clone with a Peach clone... and it works!!! And the exciting thing is that Lucina no longer freezes on the results screen either. I truly believe this is because I removed the Franchise icon because the peach clone, rosalina, only has to use the regular mario icon Cheesy so if you have any franchise icons try editing all of your files to not use them and delete them from all of your pacs!!! maybe that will work.
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:21:13 PM by 123123sora » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #226 on: June 05, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »

i stopped roy freezing for a while, made changes and it came back,  thinking about it however, i actually think PM edits a few ID's for characters, there was a tutorial for making custom CSS menu's that pointed it out. perhaps there are errors with the mapping thus making it unstable. i'll test this later when i can. i havent had much time to work on this due to work. think the next day i'm free will be monday. as for result crashes, make sure all your characters have their battle portraits, it might actually be more helpful for you to post here

The creater can then find any errors in glitches to fix if there are any, and there are more people to give help there. also i think zelda was a beta module.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: July 04, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »

I hope no one has given up on this. Lol

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »

I'm still around, working to get it with the new 3.6 patch currently.

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #229 on: July 08, 2015, 12:40:13 AM »

I hope no one has given up on this. Lol

Yeah i was hoping this wasnt dead <3 glad to see its still alive

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #230 on: July 08, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »

So, you're working on 3.6 now? Cool! Also, did you ever figure out those character crashes, like with Squirtle, and a few others? I think it mostly has to do with the configs not being set up to replace the additional codes altering what the characters can do, but that's a challenge due to the needless secrecy of the codeset. If you need anything tested, let me know, since I know in detail how to properly add clones without them crashing, so we can pin down issues related to PM, and not just user error. Plus, I want to make Ridley have his own slot, too!

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #231 on: July 08, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »

This sounds really promising. Would someone be able to post a decent build for 3.6 with a few solid characters? I personally just want Ridley and Little Mac if someone's doing their own thing and just wants to share. Maybe Tabuu, Young Link and Pichu too if it's easy enough. (Unless building these oneself isn't too intensive, which I hear it is. I don't have as much free time as I'd like)

Also, how stable is this code with PM right now?

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: July 08, 2015, 10:45:34 PM »

That's great news to hear. How's the progress on the 3.6 patch going so far?

Post Merge: July 08, 2015, 10:46:21 PM

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:04 AM »

Post Merge: July 08, 2015, 10:46:21 PM

Sorry i havent had much time to work on it yet, i've been pretty slammed with work >.< qq  working 15 days straight with no down time. i should have time wednesday to look into it. i don't see any major edits so far to the code, so it should be relatively easy getting this to work again.

So, you're working on 3.6 now? Cool! Also, did you ever figure out those character crashes, like with Squirtle, and a few others? I think it mostly has to do with the configs not being set up to replace the additional codes altering what the characters can do, but that's a challenge due to the needless secrecy of the codeset. If you need anything tested, let me know, since I know in detail how to properly add clones without them crashing, so we can pin down issues related to PM, and not just user error. Plus, I want to make Ridley have his own slot, too!

the pokemon there is a very very good chance they will need to be completely rebuilt from the ground up, PM basically added each on to a new slot as a new character, that unloads the data of the other pokemon so there is more file space to work with in PSA and such as i understand it. i believe they were working in the previous BeX build 3.02 if i remember. maybe someone more versed in PSA can check the differences. atm i'm not even sure where to start with it.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:27:47 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2015, 04:07:48 AM »

bad news and good news, bad i got called in on my days off >.< however looks like i'll be free from the 19th - 23rd. i'll be able to work on it then. i'll need to scour the thread and find the notes i posted scattered around it, i might make a new thread all together simply so i can keep them posted in the OP,

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #235 on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »

If you're going to make a new thread, will it be on smashboards?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2015, 03:36:04 PM »

If you're going to make a new thread, will it be on smashboards?

Nah, I'm not very familiar with smash boards. + they already have unbound. I just mostly need a bit more organization. For instance I think I have notes on pg3 and p10 and scattered between them. A lot are quite important as they contain the formula for finding the codes.

I was thinking probably Sunday I'll do that, and collect what I have. Probably make the new thread sometime then. I'll link it here so don't worry about missing it. I'll be sure to keep you all informed on whatever I'm doing.

Actually if anyone would like to help set up the 4 config files for the pm cast it would greatly speed up production. that way I can focus on the coding. They all need to be modified so the extra costumes work as well as a few psa tweaks (like samus has crawl, link has rapid jab)

Post Merge: July 19, 2015, 06:47:07 AM
    New thread is up, still adding things and reformatting it.  but please reply there from now on, i won't be monitoring this one anymore.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74722.0

expect more in the next few days.
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:47:07 AM by Sirkura » Logged

DestROY13103
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: July 30, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »

Is it possible to have this on ISOs? Because I made my personal hack on the Wii and I want it on the PC.

Seems fantastic!

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16]
    Print
    Jump to: