Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 437448 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 05, 2014, 11:08:57 AM »

Hello, this is Nebulon the project lead for:

Features:
    • Over 110 playable characters.
    • Over 220 stages.
    • Most characters have been edited, remade, or added to.
    • All characters have everything they need to fit in with the original brawl cast (including CSPs, SFX, etc...) with the exception of WIP characters.
    • Original Brawl cast remains untouched.
    • "Combo Characters" now allow for more than one character per icon, giving some movesets different variations, while others are completely different movesets.
    • Turbo Mode added from Project M(over Curry Mode)
    • All-Star Versus added from Project M(Over Angled Camera mode)
    • Several 1-Player modes are fully working with clone characters (still being worked on)
    • All stages have proper music.

Roster:

Special thanks to rk12  Laugh

Characters are ALWAYS being added/edited. The characters on the bottom are combo characters, meaning they share an icon with another character.

Including Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, and the three Pokemon, there are currently 111 characters included in Brawl4All and counting.

**Any suggestions regarding movesets are welcome!**

Future Plans:

Currently the team is working on:

• Adding more stages
    • Bug hunting
    • Reskinning Virus Zero as Megaman Zero
    • Looking for suitable alt costumes
    • Reviewing combination slot candidates

Things that will be worked on in the future (that I'll reveal for now Wink ):

• 4th stage page

Team Members:

These are all of the people working on Brawl4All.

• Nebulon  
    • Itman  
    • BrawlBoy  
    • rk12  
    • Alejandro MiddleCorn  
    • KWVance
    • frozenfire

The following things are miscellaneous desires I have for PSAs, levels, and other things. The items listed below are all wishlists in that I can not personally do these things with my current knowledge/resources. There is no commitment to doing these, I never hound anyone for anything, but if you'd like to help me achieve my vision and make this pack the best it can be then take a look through the listings and pm me or talk about it here.

PSA attacks:

-Sora's down B reflect needs a graphical indicator. I don't know what would work best as I don't have a list of the common gfx present to know, but if I had that I could do it myself. Or someone could do it. Either or.

-Pink Pikmin model. We need one for an Attack Louie will use in the combo character psa. It doesn't need to be perfect, or even from a game, just enough to know what it is. Here's a picture for reference:

[imghttp://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130602192359/pikmin/images/1/16/WingedPikminHD.png[/img]http://http://Essentially a white Pikmin colored Pink with a 3 times as wide a head as a white Pikmin, and purple/blue eyes with little wings on the back.

-Poly reduction. Certain models in the game are too high poly and will cause lag in some scenarios. If you can tri-strip, or know how to reduce file size of stages while maintaining some amount of quality, please message me. I have a list of stages and models for characters that are in need of help.

Credits (As of 7/15/2015)

And special thanks to BlackJax69

Update Logs

January 21, 2015

It's been a while.  Wink

I'm amazed that some of you thought I was done with the project... definitely not done. Not by a long shot. In fact, since I know how boring it's been on the thread, I'd like to share with you all what myself and Itman have been working on. I need to do this more as it's probably annoying that I occasionally release the latest build and then just sort of fall off the face of the Earth. So I'll try to show more pictures of what we've got going on in the future, and if I for whatever reason don't, reminding me won't be annoying. I sometimes forget that people actually care about the things we're working on as we're working on them.

But moving on... what's been going on?

I've fixed some more issues with characters, little balances here and there. I'm actually pretty happy with most of the characters (keyword "most") since I feel the edits that the team has done, along with the edits that people have sent me, have all around made for an awesome roster. Some things that come to mind are Knuckle Joe using a Ness module, which means he'll be able to charge his smashes properly, Spiderman's web can now can now be interrupted once the hitbox connects, etc etc little damage edits, speed frame modifiers here and there, that sort of thing Smiley

But the biggest things may just be:

Kirby/Fighter Kirby Combo character and Geno!

There they are Smiley in the game, on the CSS, making it a nice box!

Geno has been finished. He retains most of his moves from the PSA and is a joy to play Smiley I've played him so much recently, and I can tell you that he's definitely one of my favorites (Yes I have favorites among my selection of PSAs Smiley )

And here we have Fighter Kirby:

As with the previous combo characters, NONE of the original character's attacks, attributes, really ANYTHING has been changed. So both Kirbys exist on the same slot and can be switched through and through like costumes Smiley

He's also very fun to play, he's much more aggressive than Kirby, but easily punishable, so be careful out there.  Kirby Dance

I did say "But the biggest things may just be" Keyword "-things-"

That's because in addition to these new characters joining the roster, I've hard at work setting up these:

But how many levels? Using Don Jon's Dual roster code, we were able to basically duplicate the RSBE folder, so that now, because there's dual RSBEs, there are two sets of stages. Smiley There is more that can be done with the code, but I want the characters and the costumes on both RSBEs to be the same. But we're looking into other fun ways to do it, and I'll have a poll up in a few days asking a new question regarding the possibilities of the code.

The toughest part was making the stages organized on one Selmap and the other, since I'm trying to keep them in order, while also putting them over proper stages and portable stages, while also trying to put stages in places where they won't require too much track replacing, etc etc etc etc etc. This is the 95% mark for this. Right now the only 2 stages that don't have a proper replacement are Hanenbow (sp?) and Smashville, though I'm looking into it. That means 156 stages are selectable, with the first 2 pages being for Brawl, Melee, 64, and a few misc stages, and the last 2 pages being reserved for brand new stages submitted to the vault. All of them have been tested, the music was tested etc etc, basically this process was tough since the amount of things that can go wrong here is enormous... which is why it's been so long. Smiley In the future, if a level expansion from PW is available, then that will probably be used instead of this code, OR along with this code depending on the capabilities. And in the future is the code is modified for a 3rd set of stages, then I'll have to upgrade my card to a new one Smiley

I'll give instructions on how to use the code properly in the next release, but cards are a good segway into another topic...

Obviously, with the amount of stages and music I packed into this, this build will only be available on a 4 GB card I now not everyone is happy about that, but really there isn't a way for me to make this work on a 2 GB card unless I didn't use new music or cosmetics... so options are limited. I'm also reviewing the poll and I can see that there is a good lot of you that still use 2 GB cards.

Because of this, I will give the 2 GB version of the pack "life support". IT will have the levels is currently has now, but it will be updated with roster additions over time, just as the new 4 GB one will be.

I will keep the 2 GB card on life support for a while longer... but the meat of what I will work on will be utilizing the extra space in the 4 GB card, and perhaps in the future it'll even be a bigger card. Just keep that in mind.

Obviously by now I've updated the Clone Engine used in the build thanks to PhantomWings and his recent updates. Smiley

And other than that, that's about all I've got. Before the next release I'd like to:

Finish up a few more level related issues.
    Get another character in.
    Look into getting All-Star multiplayer to work.

And a few secret things here and there  Grin

We've also got a new member to the team, give a round of applause to BrawlBoy22 Smiley He's helping me out with a few things right now that shall remain secret (unless he'd rather talk about them Smiley ). He's been a great person to work with, so hopefully we'll have more interesting content coming in bigger loads now that the primary team has increased.

That's all folks!

Just know that it's coming. This update won't have as many characters, but it will have edits that make characters play more smoothly (I'll keep those secret) and it will start a foundation in which we have 156-8 levels to play on Smiley

So stay tuned, keep talking to me, pming me, whatever you gotta do.

Release date for all of this? N/A. Smiley It's safer that way. But it's coming. And it might be worth getting your hands dirty with a 4GB card and PM's loader. I'm just saying  Awesome Face

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:33:21 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:54:34 PM »

It's about time you made a thread  Grin I'll definitely be checking in every once in a while  Tongue

I noticed you had an info.pac that you started to give them their in-game names. I've been playing around with the info. Pac and I figured out how to give all your clones their in game names and still have plenty of file space for more( to confirm that I did the same thing with my pack) However I'm pretty sure I deleted the one for yours.... Would you like me to make it again?

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Kouri
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »

Downloaded 3.0.0 and the files extracted fine. Loaded up the SD card - found an issue. Re-loaded the files, and it persists.

Lyndis's stationary A attack is crashing the game. I'm testing it out in Dolphin 4.0.2 - haven't loaded up the mod on my Wii yet.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 04:12:33 PM »

It's about time you made a thread  Grin I'll definitely be checking in every once in a while  Tongue

I noticed you had an info.pac that you started to give them their in-game names. I've been playing around with the info. Pac and I figured out how to give all your clones their in game names and still have plenty of file space for more( to confirm that I did the same thing with my pack) However I'm pretty sure I deleted the one for yours.... Would you like me to make it again?

That would be great if you could Smiley But I suggest you do this to my current build. I made some edits and fixed a few glitches, so I'll upload it here soon. But one thing! Make sure they work on Pokemon Stadium and Pictochat. I understand those two stages can have issues with custom names or something, so just test that first to make sure it's all good. But yeah, I'll post it later. Smiley Thank you very much!

Downloaded 3.0.0 and the files extracted fine. Loaded up the SD card - found an issue. Re-loaded the files, and it persists.

Lyndis's stationary A attack is crashing the game. I'm testing it out in Dolphin 4.0.2 - haven't loaded up the mod on my Wii yet.

Well, I am going to fuze this old Lucina PSA (Lyndis) with the newer one, and one of the things I was going to change were her neutral attacks, run animation, and possibly down tilt, but we'll see. That will be in the next update as well as some GFX fixes, some characters with their SFX added (courtesy of Alejandro Middlecorn), Sora's roll and facing the incorrect way will be fixed, among more things. So check back here and let me know how it went.

And one character will be replaced... which I told myself I wouldn't do, but due to almost a unanimous demand, AND because he is the most expendable character to me on the roster, I will be replacing a PSA and the character with a new one. I think people will agree that the change makes sense, and wil lbe appreciated.

I also updated Megaman's textures, Flygon's, and cropped the old Lucina model's with some new textures to make her look more Brawl styled...

A lot of little things basically.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Kouri
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »

Well, I am going to fuze this old Lucina PSA (Lyndis) with the newer one, and one of the things I was going to change were her neutral attacks, run animation, and possibly down tilt, but we'll see. That will be in the next update as well as some GFX fixes, some characters with their SFX added (courtesy of Alejandro Middlecorn), Sora's roll and facing the incorrect way will be fixed, among more things. So check back here and let me know how it went.

Figured I'd test her out more thoroughly. Running/blocking/grabbing work fine. Any attack or smash is crashing. I'm thinking it might have to do with her audio? Attack animations start before crashing, but no vocals ever play.

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »

That would be great if you could Smiley But I suggest you do this to my current build. I made some edits and fixed a few glitches, so I'll upload it here soon. But one thing! Make sure they work on Pokemon Stadium and Pictochat. I understand those two stages can have issues with custom names or something, so just test that first to make sure it's all good. But yeah, I'll post it later. Smiley Thank you very much!

Strange... i've never had freezes during those stages(i never really play them anyway) but there is a glitch the clones use the names of their base character(based on the slot or css config?) it never freezes though. Do you still want me to do it or hold off?

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 06:46:39 PM »

Figured I'd test her out more thoroughly. Running/blocking/grabbing work fine. Any attack or smash is crashing. I'm thinking it might have to do with her audio? Attack animations start before crashing, but no vocals ever play.

Well, to be honest this problem isn't one I'm aware of (I played as her almost exclusively the other night with no issue). And it's the first time I've heard about it. Did you edit the game in any way?

Post Merge: October 05, 2014, 06:49:38 PM
    Strange... i've never had freezes during those stages(i never really play them anyway) but there is a glitch the clones use the names of their base character(based on the slot or css config?) it never freezes though. Do you still want me to do it or hold off?

I would very much appreicate it! But for the version I upload tonight (or possibly tomorrow) if that's okay with you. It's better you work with the latest version. I'll hand it over to you and once you complete it I'll continue my work on it Smiley
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:49:38 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Kouri
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 07:03:50 PM »

Well, to be honest this problem isn't one I'm aware of (I played as her almost exclusively the other night with no issue). And it's the first time I've heard about it. Did you edit the game in any way?

I haven't. I'll go ahead and re-download the pack, just in case.

I did take a peek in her fighter file after-the-fact though. She's supposed to use Marth's vocals, I take it? Funny enough, Marth works fine on his own - but if he attacks while Lyndis is in the stage, the game crashes. Lyndis was doing nothing at the time - I was Player 1 as Lyndis, Player 2 was CPU Marth.

EDIT: Redownloaded the pack - still crashing with Lyndis. To top it off, I can't find my 2GB SD card, so I won't be testing on the Wii any time soon. I'll see about trying a different version of Dolphin.
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:17:48 PM by Kouri » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 10:56:41 PM »

I haven't. I'll go ahead and re-download the pack, just in case.

I did take a peek in her fighter file after-the-fact though. She's supposed to use Marth's vocals, I take it? Funny enough, Marth works fine on his own - but if he attacks while Lyndis is in the stage, the game crashes. Lyndis was doing nothing at the time - I was Player 1 as Lyndis, Player 2 was CPU Marth.

EDIT: Redownloaded the pack - still crashing with Lyndis. To top it off, I can't find my 2GB SD card, so I won't be testing on the Wii any time soon. I'll see about trying a different version of Dolphin.

I'm going to put up the newest version in a moment. Just try that one. But I do thinkit's your Dolphin since I couldn't duplicate the problem. I am on a Wii though.

Since it's uploading now, the newest version will be the version that would be perfect to put the in match names in. If at all possible, could you make them as close to the in game font as you can?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »

I want to be part of your team.
    I love to make SFX for Brawl.

Also, I'd be working in both my pack and yours.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Kouri
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 03:44:15 AM »

I'm going to put up the newest version in a moment. Just try that one. But I do thinkit's your Dolphin since I couldn't duplicate the problem. I am on a Wii though.

Issue persisting. Don't know -what- it is, as Lucina builds in other packs have worked fine on Dolphin. Tried updating to a beta version - no dice. Maybe there's an option to tweak somewhere.

Went searching the house for SD cards. All I've got is a 1GB that's too small for the pack, and 4 and 16GB cards that won't work as-is. There was a code/patch to make these mods work on 4GB+ cards, right? I don't remember where I saw it, but I'll try and hunt that down to test this on my Wii.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 06:22:17 AM »

so you finaly made a thread nice to see something that always happened to me is every once or two bottups i get stuck on the strap menu, but rebotting the console and trying again ususaly soles this so it isnt a big issue but i wonder if its just me that once in a while gets stuck on strap menu.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »

*subs*

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 02:31:20 PM »

so you finaly made a thread nice to see something that always happened to me is every once or two bottups i get stuck on the strap menu, but rebotting the console and trying again ususaly soles this so it isnt a big issue but i wonder if its just me that once in a while gets stuck on strap menu.

I know right Smiley

Yes, that freeze can happen to me but very rarely. I play Brawl with friends twice a week for several hours and test little things all the time and it'll only freeze in me maybe twice a month at the strap. But I also normally skip the strap. I haven't had the loading screen freeze on me. Might just be the strap screen then?? But it's so rare. I remember people had tha iasue initially with Brawl Ex. Maybe it's just a random glitch??

Alright everyone, the new build is up. I'm going to update the future plans and set up a sort of wishlist of things I'd like the pack to include. If anyone would like to assist in those things then they can let me know.

On my plate, I'm goingto redo a few pictures and help out a couple of other EXers later. I updated some old models and so I should update the pictures, ya know? I'm also replacing Mickey later, and I might buff or break some attacks on some of the clones (though I did most of that long ago).

I'm also going to work on a mock up instruction menu for the new characters since there are obacure and odd attacks and whatnot that people might not understand or little transformations people might not know how to do. This way people won't just give up on certain included characters just because they can't figure them out.

I'm also adding a team section, which Alejandro is now a part of. He'a working with some sfx so when those are done I'll also be workin on putting the values in on certain characters. If you want to be part of the team, let me know or refer to the wishlist later on things that I'd need help completeing and let me know.

Happy modding! Smiley

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »

I kind of liked micky, but i think it might have been just because the mario voice actually fit Micky lol.
    At college all my friends love this, but I can tell you the negative things they have said to be constructive.

Sepheroth is waaaayyyy overpowered. and animations are dodgy.
    brawly needs to be slightly higher poly because hes so huge.
    there biggest complaints have to be the pokemon though. for some reason, they still play as them... A LOT. I think they like to laugh at the hitboxes

they are also curious about the green skin for garadose wondering if it is rayquaza (hope im spelling that right not much of a pokemon person)

a thing I noticed is that 2 of lucas' skins are switch (I didn't edit them this time) I think its the 3rd is switched with 4th but Im not sure.

ive noticed some freezes with blaze, not like game freezes, her moveset just freezes (usually in that fire tornado thing) and she comes out of it when hit.

As far as tweeks go, I have changed gannon to sword ganon, hes the same, just now when you do his sword taunt he holds it he has a slightly different moveset not overpowered (as far as a gannon goes anyway lol)

updated deadpool skins to look more real but I told u bout that.
    not trying to be criticle, this hack is just so awesome that i play it a tun XD. btw are we working on kirby hats at all? because I went and downloaded all the hats I could find that are missing. haven't applied them yet though.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: