Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 440656 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »

You could probably just remove Marth's SFX Ids.

There's no way to do that on PSA.
    The best tutorials that can make that possible (with BB or Tabuu), fail.

If you really know how to do it without corrupting the .pac files, then tell me. I also want to know.

Theres also another BrawlEx Lucina in Kitsu's BrawlEx(also replaces Porky's sfx), http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203537 its been slightly edited from the original  but it doesn't have any leftover sfx from Marth

I'll check that out and see if you're right.

EDIT: He states that Lucina's Final Smash freezes the game.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:44:24 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn » Logged

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »

I'd like to state some points about your requested PSA changes.

-Villager's Pocket will likely never be possible, unless we can fully crack articles, rels, and the Sora_Melee.
    -Dr. Mario's Final Smash could be possible, but the only way I can think of it working is making new GFX for it. Or you could make an entirely new Final Smash that isn't just Electric Mario Final Smash.
    -The Side Special stretching could either be a model issue or an animation issue.
    -Gerudo Wizard's Grab changes are possible.
    -I'm not sure if it's possible to manually code in a GFX indicator for if a projectile is reflected.
    -There might be a way to do that.

Also, you're free to use any PSAs I've made in your BrawlEx pack, as you know what you're doing, so I can trust that you won't mess things up.

There's no way to do that on PSA.
    The best tutorials that can make that possible (with BB or Tabuu), fail.
    Oh, for [censored]'s sake. Enough of that. You [censored]ed up your file. You have to start over with an unedited character. There is no magic way to make it work on a file that's been messed up by noobs who don't know what they're doing. So stop [censored]ing about the tutorial not working.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »

EDIT: He states that Lucina's Final Smash freezes the game.
    'He'
    >.>

That would be a BrawlEx problem, not a PSA problem. All Marth clone final smashes screw up.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »

'He'
    >.>

That would be a BrawlEx problem, not a PSA problem. All Marth clone final smashes screw up.

Marth Clone Final Smashes screw up? Hmmm... I wasn't aware... Do you mean Marth FSes or custom ones? The Roy I'm using works,  despite having the diminishing life bar graphic on each of his hits. I believe the Lucina I have also works but I could be wrong... maybe I'll go double check that :/

I'd like to state some points about your requested PSA changes.

-Villager's Pocket will likely never be possible, unless we can fully crack articles, rels, and the Sora_Melee.
    -Dr. Mario's Final Smash could be possible, but the only way I can think of it working is making new GFX for it. Or you could make an entirely new Final Smash that isn't just Electric Mario Final Smash.
    -The Side Special stretching could either be a model issue or an animation issue.
    -Gerudo Wizard's Grab changes are possible.
    -I'm not sure if it's possible to manually code in a GFX indicator for if a projectile is reflected.
    -There might be a way to do that.

Also, you're free to use any PSAs I've made in your BrawlEx pack, as you know what you're doing, so I can trust that you won't mess things up.

Thank you for the responses. Smiley

It's looking grim for the time being with Villager's Pocket. He's over Pit, so with my limited understanding I thought that perhaps if we made the neutral special have his Down B reflect article reflect the object into a VERY VERY close Side B reflect article repeatedly, before being released by removing the Side B reflect article with the press of the special button, it would essentially reflect it back. But as it's probably apparent, I don't know much about articles other than that they're character specific and contain unique parameters that allow for "abnormal" actions. I don't even know if what I'm saying would make sense. I was hoping the two points of reflect would be so close that the Graphic would appear to disappear, but I'm not sure that would work. Just a thought, and probably not fullproof.

As for the rest of the wishlist, this does give me hope Smiley I'll see if I can't start figuring out a few of these myself. I just taught myself today how to put sawnd files together (which will help the SFX completion come along) and I'm trying out something I haven't heard being done before: using an enemy Sawnd file (Or rather making one over an enemy's ID and whatnot). I'll test it later with Viewtiful Joe, as the current available one is a bnk file.

And I'm happy you're okay with me using some of your PSAs Smiley I won't mess them up. Raptor is one I'm actually using and there's nothing wrong with him as far as play style goes, at least with me. I've been spying on your Wisp progress too, and it looks promising.

In other news for people visiting or revisiting:

As I mentioned above, I've figured out how to make some Sawnd files using wavs. I'm still testing a few things as we're out of boss slots I'd be willing to use, so I'm experimenting with enemy IDs and whatnot (which are typically smaller, so I'll have to get creative). Alejandro is also working with Sawnds so before the next release we'll have more SFX related things complete, as well as the PSA edits.

The hard part is opening the PSAs as I don't always know what they were made in, but I've got most of the tools downloaded so I'm going to have to do some trial and error. As requested, I'm tackling Viewtiful Joe.

Who's next? Well... I haven't decided and I'm still learning. But there will be more to come. Maybe I can get all of the announcer calls working too.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: October 15, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »

Marth Clone Final Smashes screw up? Hmmm... I wasn't aware... Do you mean Marth FSes or custom ones? The Roy I'm using works,  despite having the diminishing life bar graphic on each of his hits. I believe the Lucina I have also works but I could be wrong... maybe I'll go double check that :/
    I was referring to my pack, since I'm using the unstable version. XD
    Far as I've seen, yours seem to work perfectly well.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:09:12 PM by Kitsu-chan » Logged

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: October 15, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »

'He'
    >.>

It isn't a BrawlEx problem. I have 3 Marth clones and the 3 of them work flawlessly

Oh, for [censored]'s sake. Enough of that. You [censored]ed up your file. You have to start over with an unedited character. There is no magic way to make it work on a file that's been messed up by noobs who don't know what they're doing. So stop [censored]ing about the tutorial not working.

I didn't mess up the file.
    I just edited it, and it always crashed at the exact same point.
    It is not my fault.

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: October 15, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:09:38 PM by Kitsu-chan » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: October 15, 2014, 05:53:44 PM »

Sorry, didn't see that last comment Tongue

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: October 16, 2014, 11:22:06 PM »

Far as I've seen, yours seem to work perfectly well.

Ah, the unstable version. I see. Smiley I've got a lot of work to get done before the next big release now that I've learned how to edit in sounds. Hopefully he makes a stable version soon.

But I'll be sure to check out Lucina before I work on her SFX.

As for the people, I have made a few accomplishments. Thus far myself and Alejandro have made SFX for:

Knuckle Joe
    GrayFox
    Buu
    Deadpool
    Naruto
    Viewtiful Joe
    Sora
    Ryu

I'm going to tackle ALL (yes ALL) of the rest of the characters that speak and make sure everyone has sounds, with the help of Alejandro of course.

After that I'll do announcer calls and then I'll step back and just start tweaking based on feedback. And speaking of tweaking I'm still doing a few buffs and nerfs here and there to the PSAs.

I'll be more detailed in the news section either tomorrow or the day after, but for now, just now that the pack will finally be receiving the sound effects that people have been wanting for so long Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: October 16, 2014, 11:24:59 PM »

oh, I didnt know you made a thread about this, it was time!
    btw I keep thinking the shared soundbanks is a better way because boss sfx can glitch alot

BLKPanda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: October 17, 2014, 12:15:31 AM »

'He'
    >.>

Keep in mind that im pretty much an absolute nobody when it comes to the Brawl hacking community, so i surely could be wrong about some things but:

I've been experimenting with the unstable build of the clone engine, and it seems that all marth clones that use fighter config files from versions 1.2.0.0 and below DO indeed crash the game. however, if you simply replace the fighter config file with one from V 2.0.0.0, it should fix that issue. Since BX config utility doesnt open config files from this version, you'll need to edit/rename things in the fighter config file using a hex editor, although thats as simple as typing the desired name over marth's/whosoever's config file it is, wherever it appears.

That being said, im unable to figure out how to edit what costumes are checked (like when checked in config utility editor) by using the hex, so if you happen to know, i'd appreciate the info. To whoever happened to be unaware of this, hope it helps. Smiley

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: October 17, 2014, 12:21:24 AM »

I've been experimenting with the unstable build of the clone engine, and it seems that all marth clones that use fighter config files from versions 1.2.0.0 and below DO indeed crash the game. however, if you simply replace the fighter config file with one from V 2.0.0.0, it should fix that issue. Since BX config utility doesnt open config files from this version, you'll need to edit/rename things in the fighter config file using a hex editor, although thats as simple as typing the desired name over marth's/whosoever's config file it is, wherever it appears.
    Oh?... Interesting... I'll be sure to check that out at... Some point.
    Thanks, though!

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: October 17, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »

found some wierd glitch...i tried to fight with young link, pichu, mew2, and dr mario, and did a brawl, pichu died first, but after that mew2 retained his sounds. so mew2 was going PICHU. PICHU. PIII.. not quite that often, u had to listen for it, but it was definitely there.

Post Merge: October 17, 2014, 11:03:53 AM
    Spider-Man Fix:
    Carnage fixed spider-mans web
    I changed the recolors to real versions of spider-man,
    2099 texture has been fixed
    all pictures have been changed accordingly

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oLLmkzdtpqbmpYNWJLODZEdFk/view?usp=sharing

Edit:
    for some reason the pictures got mixed up, im fixing them now
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:24:29 AM by KWVance » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: October 17, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »

The Mewtwo in this pack should be replaced with KingOfDreamland's.
    That's way better. And there's no need to include all the .sawnd files, just the one with his voice.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: October 20, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »

I'm on my phone and wanted to give a bigger update and reapond to everyone, but doing that on my phone would be tough so I'm going to say give a mini update now just to tell people what I've been working on.

So, I've made sf packs for Bomberman, Ryu, Scorpion, Viewtiful Joe, Raptor.

I set up packs for Tails, Waluigi, Knuckle Joe, Grayfox, Naruto, Sephiroth.

This is in top of Mewtwo, Pichu, Young Link, Goku, Buu, Deadpool, Megaman, Megaman X, Shadow, Roy.

Some characters like Dark Link, Gerudo Wizard, Dark Samus, Dr. Mario, Hector, who all are okay with me since they sound like their original movesets.

This is also on top of characters like Scott Pilgrim, Metal Sonic, Marisa, who are silent and don't need sounds.

I have to make sounds for Vegeta.

I have to put together sounds for Cloud, Broly, Lucina, and Dante.

And Alejandro is working on Knuckles, Spiderman, Wolverine and Zero.

I also fixed a glitch with Ganondorf and one of Lucario'ssounds. All in all I'm hoping to release the update in 4 days.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: