Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 439775 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: November 10, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »

it wasnt the texture tht was screwy in the first place, it was the model made it look that way (not that I could do any better), however I DID find a great model of vj more accurate and such, changed the textures a bit. since this model wasn't all choppy in the first place, the moveset animations screw up (they were already screwy it was just much harder to tell with the other model because it was already messy) things were REALLY noticable with this, mode thoughl, but it looked so good i couldnt give up on it, so i finnally fixed the animations.
    it wasnt the texture tht was screwy in the first place, it was the model made it look that way (not that I could do any better), however I DID find a great model of vj more accurate and such, changed the textures a bit. since this model wasn't all choppy in the first place, the moveset animations screw up (they were already screwy it was just much harder to tell with the other model because it was already messy) things were REALLY noticable with this, mode thoughl, but it looked so good i couldnt give up on it, so i finnally fixed the animations.

Oh nice Smiley if you send it to me, I'll include it in the update.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »

o
    Oh nice Smiley if you send it to me, I'll include it in the update.
    oh, ok. remember its not tested. and this doesnt contain the texture edits (it does the model though) texture no big deal, just heightens contrast here lowered saturation there but here new animations. Replace everything in your fighters/vj folder with the contents of this zipped file

Post Merge: November 11, 2014, 12:27:26 AM
    paper mario freezes occasionnally
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:27:26 AM by KWVance » Logged

Sparky56p
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: November 11, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's on my end seeing as I load through the Project M Launcher (don't have the proper SD card to load without the launcher) but to be on the safe side in case it aint just me ive noticed Bomberman, Dragonite, and Tabuu fail to load when starting a match (freeze) as well as an alternate costume for Mario freezes on CSS but I do believe that's already being addressed, everything else seems to function properly

Like I said I'm pretty certain those three are caused on my end but to be on the safe side figured I'd leave a reply
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:42:59 AM by Sparky56p » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »

Thank you for telling me Smiley I'll test them again. What stage was it too? I want to replicate everything entirely.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sparky56p
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: November 11, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »

Thank you for telling me Smiley I'll test them again. What stage was it too? I want to replicate everything entirely.

Come to think of it the only map I've tried is Final Destination

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: November 11, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »

cant think of it but its that really annoying one thats DK themed and it keeps scrolling up saying FASTER FASTER.

i was battling that pixelated girl that was also 2d cant think of her name either (lol)

no items were on except for smash ball and the cpu had just gotten it and used it... it ended and I jumped...That is when it froze

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #141 on: November 11, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVrbZM5uwY

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: November 11, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »

This looks different.

How did you port a new Special attack?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: November 11, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »

Okay so I'm going to be up front about the delay:

I've nust been busy. I set the goal of a week as a motivator, and yes we' e got a lot done, but I need to finish some key things:

Balance Kakashi, Broly, and one of the new fighters.
    Make sound banks for three of the new fighters.
    And then Itman is finishing up a combo character.

The delay is worth the quality I feel we'll deliver, and I'll have a ton of time Thursday, so I belie e Thursday is the realistic release date.

After that, the next update won't be as big be ause of some Combo characters being made using non existent PSA moves and whatnot. But I'm hoping to get this one out Thursday, and in the future I'm just going to update it once every two weeks unless we complete enough things in a amaller amount of time.

I think everyone'll enjoy this update though. I've been reading all the pms and I think I have addressed most concerns. Just hang tight, people messaging me seem ancy for me to release it, but what they don't realize is that I'm just as ancy to release it Smiley I won't it to be stable and done too. I want to play it Cheesy

So if I were to make a realistic guess, I'd say Thursday. Then expect some new fusions dor the next release for characters that we' e all wanted for a long time Smiley

I won't do such an early release date commitment in the future, as life doesn't always care about commitments like that. So just give me some more time Smiley you're gonna like what you play.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #144 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »

This looks different.

How did you port a new Special attack?

I made it so that costumes of shadow set a bit variable that makes it go to a new special

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: November 12, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »

I made it so that costumes of shadow set a bit variable that makes it go to a new special
    looks exactly like dark links

Post Merge: November 12, 2014, 08:46:44 PM
    what is itman changing? it would probably be done faster if it were done as a group

Post Merge: November 13, 2014, 01:27:26 AM
    is it possible to stop the exiting out of the css after each battle thing? i know its because of the ef files. but you renamed the fitFigher files which they are located in, is there a way to get rid of this problem forever?
    like renaming the ef files?

Post Merge: November 14, 2014, 06:50:25 AM
    Okay so I'm going to be up front about the delay:

I've nust been busy. I set the goal of a week as a motivator, and yes we' e got a lot done, but I need to finish some key things:

Balance Kakashi, Broly, and one of the new fighters.
    Make sound banks for three of the new fighters.
    And then Itman is finishing up a combo character.

The delay is worth the quality I feel we'll deliver, and I'll have a ton of time Thursday, so I belie e Thursday is the realistic release date.

After that, the next update won't be as big be ause of some Combo characters being made using non existent PSA moves and whatnot. But I'm hoping to get this one out Thursday, and in the future I'm just going to update it once every two weeks unless we complete enough things in a amaller amount of time.

I think everyone'll enjoy this update though. I've been reading all the pms and I think I have addressed most concerns. Just hang tight, people messaging me seem ancy for me to release it, but what they don't realize is that I'm just as ancy to release it Smiley I won't it to be stable and done too. I want to play it Cheesy

So if I were to make a realistic guess, I'd say Thursday. Then expect some new fusions dor the next release for characters that we' e all wanted for a long time Smiley

I won't do such an early release date commitment in the future, as life doesn't always care about commitments like that. So just give me some more time Smiley you're gonna like what you play.
    i feel brawly should come with his own seperate update because just too many things r wrong with him,
    his ledge grab is not right
    his model is low poly
    he is bigger than ridley

upload a file of JUST the parts you want done, i would love to help man Smiley

i think kakashis moveset should be like in the flashback saga from when he first started training kid to become genin i didnt think it was possible but it looked like he gave less of a care then when he was fighting while reading a book LOL

his final smash should afcourse be kamui
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:50:25 AM by KWVance » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: November 16, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »

Hey, did you recieve my message?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: December 01, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »

so...i noticed the badass new css. honestly the greatest one i have ever seen. whens the  update approximatley, until recently i havent even known which parts uve been working on so i didnt no how to help. now im all excited.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: December 01, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »

I'm here. Smiley

@Alejandro

I don't believe I have... BV being down has been a huge inconvenience when it came to checking messages. Feel free to resend. Smiley

@KWVance

That CSS will be used in a later release Smiley SOLELY because we found a new way to organize the CSS for this release. I REALLY like that one though, so in due time, after we review it and make any position edits we need. Assuming it can sustain all the appropriate icons of course.

Anyway, to all who use my pack and keep up with this thread I am pleased to announce that with the time the vault was down I went ahead and addressed nearly every issue with the characters in the pack with fantastic help from Itman.

A lot of the work done for this release was to add things to all of the characters in order to make them play better, more fair, and feel better. Anything we didn't fix is due to future ideas that will replace those characters, but evne then we still fixed most of those too.

Oh... and we have 101 characters (counting combo PSAs)... so there's that.

Smiley

We have plans for the future of the project encompassing fusions and the slots they'll create to the current clone engine, as well as how to use slots included in the future clone engine. You can continue to expect great things and our overall goal of quality, as well as pack exclusive model ports, PSA edits (ranging from properties to new attacks) and in the future, exclusive new characters Smiley Thank you all for reading, the release for the update WILL BE...

when we fix one more moveset. It was going to be tonight, and I was going to allow this character to stay in their current form despite my general dissatisfaction with the character, but due to a recent rethinking we are releasing after this character is done. As I'm reviewing all of the characters that were edited this time around, I can honestly say that all things considered, around half of the characters recieved something to make them better ranging from Captain Falcon's Neutrabl B fire being better, to Spiderman having a new attack instead of his broken counter, to Broly being ironed out and balanced, to Grayfox's entire feel being revamped, and those are just 4 I picked, I mean it when I say that half of these characters either had fixes or edits to them to make them better.

Hang in there everyone, we're almost done. I wouldn't make you wait any longer BUT the reason I am is because we want all of the characters that we know are staying to be "complete" in that we won't have to go back and edit them in the future. This way we can set our sights forward, which means you'll get more characters faster since I won't sit there going "I could release this but... I never did balance Sephiroth or fix his down special in the air's sword glow... eh I'll do it eventually". I wanted to remove all of that and focus on the future.

So hang tight, give us a bit more time, and I PROMISE you won't be dissapointed Smiley

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:19 AM »

anyone know how to do this?

you know when you get a smash ball your players eyes turn yellow? I'm working on an improved kakashi model. this kakashi model has a version where both his headband is over one eye and when his headband is lifted up revealing both eyes. (incase you are unaware when he can see with both eyes he is significantly more powerful, this would be his yellow eye equivalent for his smash move.

anyway my question is, how do i apply this to that yellow eye thing.  i basically need to know how character expressions work.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: