Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 439891 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #180 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:18 AM »

Let's talk via PM so we keep this thread on topic Tongue

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #181 on: December 14, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »

each update, the changes have been kinda secret up until the release. could we please not do this so others can help? i just hope this  next update is trying to polish the mod instead of add more characters because, its getting a little overwhelming.

Pikezer1337
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #182 on: December 16, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »

Well Nebulon now that I've got some free time I'd love to join in and help in anyway.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: December 16, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »

Hello everyone, some quick updates:

Things have been slow, I'm busy with work and some of the projects that we're taking on right now are a little more... needy then we're used to.

Nevertheless, we are pushing forward, slowly. Combining characters isn't too difficult after all, but when you're trying to make a new character out of a combined character... well it can take a while. I've had to redo some of the choices I made, but it's almost ready to be given it's... gimicks...

Unfortunately, I'd like to keep the things we work on secret unless people want to help out. But tell ya what, we've got A LOT of characters incoming, so I'll reveal that the moveset we're working on right now is...

Master Chief.

Some of you knew, some of you didn't, but the moveset is almost entirely mapped out. We're making some final choices on the basic attacks before we move on to his specials, and it's my personal belief that the specials will really give MC his identity, along with his sound effects.

But the most key identifier will be his energy shield gimick, which will play into how one of his special works.

The thought behind how we decided to do him was actually compared to Snake. Snake is an iconic character and he uses some of his arsenal, but nothing too notable. MGS fans know that Snake has a Socom in MGS1, and a Mk22 Hushpuppy in 3 when it was Bigboss. These don't appear in Brawl (PM has the traq gun though) but what he uses still works. So you won't see MC with the MA5B Assault Rifle, but you'll see some familiar things, like Snake. And I think the energy shield gimick is really gonna make him unique. We're doing our best with him.

To put what we have into perspective, if PW updated the clone engine right now we'd have 3 movesets ready to be put in. We need some modeling help and bone help for a 4th moveset (which will be easy once that's done since we're essentially just reskinning a moveset) and after that we'd need help with some bone edits in an existing moveset to make it work nicer.

So all in all, we have other things done, but those characters need their own slot. Which is why Master Chief is being worked on, though we do have one slot open, but that's for the 4th PSA we have that needs some modeling help. Basically, we just need a model of a weapon as an external GFX. It exists on a model, so if someone can take it and turn it into an external gfx, then we'll let you in on what's going on Smiley

And of course, we have levels fully ready to be put in if PW updates the stage expansion code.

On a more personal note, I've got some "things" going on in my personal life that has been sort of keeping me from being as committed as I want, so ANY help is definitely appreciated. If you know how to make external gfx out of character model pieces, PLEASE pm me, we'll be able to update a character, and add in a new one.

If you know how to PSA and want to help out with our list of combo characters, please pm me. Smiley

I know this update wasn't too exciting, but I figured it was enough of an explanation. Anyway, hope to hear form some of you soon. I gotta go, I'm going insane because there's a guy slopping food inhis mouth next to my ear and I can barely focus on what I'm typing. It's driving me cr-anyway, see you guys later.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #184 on: December 16, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

Is Master Chief going to be an alternate, or a lone character?

BTW, I have the MA5C-ICWS Assault Rifle model in obj.

Also a frag grenade.

Forgot to mention all of his SFX from Halo 3 and Firefight from Halo Reach.

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #185 on: December 16, 2014, 05:56:36 PM »

Nebulon, seeing as you need some announcer calls, I'd be willing to do it for you. It would be nice to have them. I'd do all of the characters so its not a bunch of different announcers as well.

Shiro_Neku
    Advanced Kitten

Steel knows no fear. Steel knows no doubt.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: December 18, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »

Does the code that separates samus and ZSS let you use bigger filesize PSA for both of them?
    I want to know because if it does I would like to have it if you don't mind

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #187 on: December 19, 2014, 12:03:54 AM »

Nebulon, seeing as you need some announcer calls, I'd be willing to do it for you. It would be nice to have them. I'd do all of the characters so its not a bunch of different announcers as well.

i always thought it would be neat if the announcer was a female with a British accent ^.^ there's some pretty great voice synthesizers out there, one even fooled me for a while and i thought it was a person, there expensive but they almost always have something like a 30 character demo people can use

CouchpotatoPZ1
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: December 19, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »

Quick question, how would one use this through homebrew and gecko? I've tried a lot, but it just makes a bunch of pokemon stadium stage copies appear in the stage select?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: December 19, 2014, 01:37:22 PM »

Quick question, how would one use this through homebrew and gecko? I've tried a lot, but it just makes a bunch of pokemon stadium stage copies appear in the stage select?

Make sure that the hook is NextFrame.
    If it is Default, then you'll have some problems.

If that doesn't help, then re-download the pack, delete everything from the SD card, and put all the stuff from the download there.

Pikezer1337
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: December 20, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »

The pack is extremely stable. Played for about two hours without backing out of the CSS and didn't get a freeze

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #191 on: December 21, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

Is Master Chief going to be an alternate, or a lone character?

BTW, I have the MA5C-ICWS Assault Rifle model in obj.

Also a frag grenade.

Forgot to mention all of his SFX from Halo 3 and Firefight from Halo Reach.

Master Chief will be a combo character with Snake. I saw some of those links you sent Smiley I don't know if we'll end up needing those models, but we'll see.

Does the code that separates samus and ZSS let you use bigger filesize PSA for both of them?
    I want to know because if it does I would like to have it if you don't mind

It indeed does, however I don't have it off hand, I just know it exists and would have to find it again.

i always thought it would be neat if the announcer was a female with a British accent ^.^ there's some pretty great voice synthesizers out there, one even fooled me for a while and i thought it was a person, there expensive but they almost always have something like a 30 character demo people can use

I like a female announcer as well, however I have no plans to do anything with announcer calls so I don't actually have much of a preference.

The pack is extremely stable. Played for about two hours without backing out of the CSS and didn't get a freeze

Very nice to hear Smiley

As far as updates go, we want to edit Spiderman a bit, and Cali's new Megaman has been adapted to be compatible with my build.

I'm going to be working on something that I feel adds to the identity of the pack, which I know isn't as exciting, but is necessary for giving it it's own sort of "official" feel.

Also I believe the poll has been up long enough, I NEED SOME INPUT ON SOMETHING ELSE.

So I'm getting kind of tired of the CSS background. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, I just think it might be time to change the way it looks. Something a little more simple as opposed to all of those colors... A little less striking, while still getting people in the mood to Brawl.

What should I change the background of the CSS to? Vote at the top what you think, and send me links to what you think it be. Smiley

And yes we're still working on other characters. Don't worry. Wink

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

BrandExe
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: December 23, 2014, 05:28:14 AM »

First of all, thanks for your considerable work around this mod Nebulon, it was the answer i looked for between high number of characters and stages. Its my first post on this forum and I truly think you deserve more praise and thanks for what you do (pls forgive my bad English this is not my native language).

Some things could be upgraded though =>

At last I will talk about TLOZ characters, they are my favorites :

OoT Ganondorf is just fantastic, nothing to say. But The base ganondorf is awful, the Demise skin is worng and is moveset too because the two are merged.

The best, from my point of view, should be to put Demise in a separate folder, with a proper skin (his hair are awful actually) he could be played like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2_JBzr-Py8

The original Ganondorf is bad, I know your pack dont change the base char but this Ganondorf truly is a bad and unworthy shadow from what he could be, his textures are bad (when you compare to this texture hack : https://www.mediafire.com/?8a3ehjede0z5h8n ), his moves are just ... well poors, especially when you know this Ganondorf exist : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc1pvhVWW4I

So the best of all should be to have OoT Ganondorf, Ganondorf with sword and Demise in three différents slots as we have three of four slots for Links.

Girahim could be added in his own slot too since he now support a complete moveset : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLwoG1ISmuM

Skull Kid from OoT could have his own slot instead of being fused, as he have voices, moveset and icons I think : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QONDQV4_8o

Those chars truly deserves more love I guess, even If i'm happy with the mod as he is actually.

The Eldin stage could be upgrded two with this version : http://www.mediafire.com/?vsp195h76kk34ne

By the way the game freeze always when i try to change the stage musics in the option and the kirby meteoric stage crash the game for me.
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:28:27 AM by BrandExe » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: December 31, 2014, 11:55:59 AM »

First of all, thanks for your considerable work around this mod Nebulon, it was the answer i looked for between high number of characters and stages. Its my first post on this forum and I truly think you deserve more praise and thanks for what you do (pls forgive my bad English this is not my native language).

Aha, oh I don't deserve too much, I've got help from other users. I'm just trying to give people a good time Smiley I'm still working on it, even now I'm trying to make updates aha.

I could update the pack now, but the fixes are miniscule. I mean the new Megaman is in but we're trying to fix one more thing about him and then we'll update it. Might be able to fit in a new character by then too Smiley

Some things could be upgraded though =>

Oh, I'm aware.

At last I will talk about TLOZ characters, they are my favorites :

OoT Ganondorf is just fantastic, nothing to say. But The base ganondorf is awful, the Demise skin is worng and is moveset too because the two are merged.

The best, from my point of view, should be to put Demise in a separate folder, with a proper skin (his hair are awful actually) he could be played like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2_JBzr-Py8

That Demise model is better, but we need one that has a sword attached to the model, the way ours is. The sword he uses isn't actually a separate object :/ So I'd need some outside help to achieve this.

And OoT Ganon is good, I made some modifications to it from it's original release, as has Itman, but overall I think we're on the right track.

The original Ganondorf is bad, I know your pack dont change the base char but this Ganondorf truly is a bad and unworthy shadow from what he could be, his textures are bad (when you compare to this texture hack : https://www.mediafire.com/?8a3ehjede0z5h8n ), his moves are just ... well poors, especially when you know this Ganondorf exist : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc1pvhVWW4I

It's not that I don't agree, because I do Smiley It's that I don't want to change the original characters. I just don't. Fans on Brawl's Ganon exist, and since that's the first Ganon they knew in Brawl, I can't remove it. This mod is for normal users who want extra, not something different, ya know? But I promise, we share the same opinion.

So the best of all should be to have OoT Ganondorf, Ganondorf with sword and Demise in three différents slots as we have three of four slots for Links.

Well, we're actually getting rid of Link slots to make room. We're keeping the characters, we're just combining the ones that make sense to combine... combining characters is a good thing for people who want to use a similar character but a little differently. Demise is an example of a character that's VERY different, and in the future I'd like to make all other combinations characters as different as he is.

Girahim could be added in his own slot too since he now support a complete moveset : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLwoG1ISmuM

We may look into him in the future, but he will probably receive some changes. He's a good idea though, definitely worth looking into, I like the character himself.

Skull Kid from OoT could have his own slot instead of being fused, as he have voices, moveset and icons I think : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QONDQV4_8o

To be honest I don't feel this Skull Kid would fit in with the rest of the mod unfortunately. I think the designer had a vision that isn't quite the same as the style we're going for. For that reason this Skull Kid will not be used.

Those chars truly deserves more love I guess, even If i'm happy with the mod as he is actually.

They do. I agree. Perhaps in the future, I don't plan on stopping for a while.

The Eldin stage could be upgrded two with this version : http://www.mediafire.com/?vsp195h76kk34ne

Since I don't want to replace original levels, I will probably just add this in as an alternate stage once a level expansion comes out. I'm sitting on 100+ levels and music ready to be added, and depending on the room, I'm sure I can fit in most level suggestions, though that's really up to PW as to how much room we'll have to work with. So we'll have to wait and see Smiley

By the way the game freeze always when i try to change the stage musics in the option and the kirby meteoric stage crash the game for me.

I know it does :/ it has that music crashing glitch, I believe there's a way to reset it, I just haven't done it.

To everyone else, I know I've been quiet, I've been trying to make more characters play better and feels more "correct" and useful.

I gotta go, but I want people who use my pack to please share your opinions to me in PM about character balancing. I'm only one guy with my partner Itman with 61 characters to balance, so I need feedback on how to make certain ones better, as well as who's fine just where they are.

I'd really appreciate that Smiley It would help me release faster if I knew who was fine.

JoshingYou
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #194 on: January 02, 2015, 07:25:55 PM »

When i replaced my sd card stuff with the download, and reaplaced Fitroy.pac,
    nothing happens. Is it because im running the game on an wbfs file? I don't know whats wroung.
     Sad. 16gb micro sd in sd adapter
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:27:25 PM by JoshingYou » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: