Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 437571 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #210 on: January 22, 2015, 10:46:26 PM »

To Nebulon:

I've been watching this pack for quite some time and, what can I say? I'm impressed.

We try Smiley We really do.

However, there are a few suggestions I would like to make:

Let's hear them!

Adding the Simon Belmont moveset over ToonLink- All he truly needs are cosmetics. Other than that, he's good to go. As for the PSA itself, it's fun to play with and would probably fit in with your pack quite nicely!

In his current state, he actually deviates too much from the PSAs we're looking for. There were ideas to fix him, but due to some of the things we're up to, he is not on our list of current projects.

The Emerl over Fox moveset and T-Rex over Yoshi movesets work surprisingly well with a simple Marth REL. Emerl does, however, have a problem with his final smash (it doesn't do any damage), but T-Rex works just fine.

Those two movesets are currently being looked at Smiley Both are intended to join, Emerl as a combo character, and T-Rex is pending to either be combined with Raptor, or to be put in solo. So we'll see. Either way, they're on our list already Smiley

Combo characters- You know how you merged Olimar with Louie from Brawl DX? A thought occured to me- why not do the same for Meta Knight and Dark Meta Knight? It would add a Kirby representative, not take up slot real estate, and it would be consistent! Dark Pit and Pit, Diddy and Dixie, as well as Ness and Ninten would work, too.

We would, however our intention is to make a combo character for Galactaknight. I haven't Seen Dark Metaknight though, so I don't know what sort of moves he has that might be available, but depending on how different he plays, we may borrow a move or two. It all depends. But Galactaknight is being conceived right now. To put it into perspective, this is what's on our plate:

A combo character for Buu in the works
    A combo character for Broly in the works
    Balancing a moveset for build
    Fixing Glitch for character A
    Fixing Glitch for character B
    Fixing Glitch for character C
    Re textures for Goku
    Retextureing a lower poly model for Spiderman and addressing his web lag
    Creating proper model and fitmotion bone edits for secret character A
    Creating proper models fr secret character B
    A complete revamp of a moveset for secret character C
    Stage related fixes
    BRSTM creation
    Villager's pocket move
    Link and Dark Link combination

And then next in line is a few more combo character ideas.

Of those combo ideas you actually hit the nail on the head with our intentions:

Diddy and Dixie (though the primary creator for that has been out of contact since the site went down :/ )

Ness and Ninten (The issue here is deciding how to make him play, since really most of the PSI powers that Ness uses are powers he didn't use, Paula did however. So I was considering her at one point since Ninten's powers from Mother 1 (Earthbound 0) were as limited as Ness'. So we'll see basically, but Ninten is definately considered)

Pit and Dark Pit (We just need someone to make Dark Pit from Smash 4. At this point in time we have too much on our plate to want to make a Smash 4 Dark Pit moveset. So we're hoping by the time we finish some of our creations, Smash 4 movesets will become more of a common thing on the vault).

Other stuff/Character recommendations- Roll's MM8 costume seems to freeze. Not sure why, but it does (for me at least  Tongue). Silver over Diddy could also work, seeing as there's a Diddy REL. Either of the Isaac movesets would also be neat, and add another playable assist trophy. Porting KJP's Scizor over Falco to Marth like you did for Petey and Axl would also be great (I tried using a Marth REL without porting, but it caused the S-Tilt to OHKO everything.).

I've been asked to look at the Isaacs, I just haven't aha I'm busy with my stages right now is all. But I intend to, he's a very highly demanded character, so I'm sure he's got something about him that's appealing.

The Silver we're going for will be a combination of the Diddy one and the Falco one.

Scizor is in the plans as a combination with Falco Smiley

I understand you have a LOT of work to do, and I admire you for that. Please consider my suggestions.

Sincerely, rk12

We're all doing our best Smiley Amazingly, most of your suggestions are already in the cards so... we have preemptively considered them Cheesy

Gimme the SFX so I can port them.

I was pretty happy with the result of combining Deadpool and Buu in a single slot for their SFX.

I'd like to know what's my next goal.

In due time. I need to actually have a new character close to completion first. However, if you'd like to acquire sound clips from scratch, I'll pm you Smiley There is one character I can't find a sawnd for, so if someone could at least gather some clips, that would help us a lot Smiley

I can't wait for this new version to be released.

Me neither Cheesy

There's a lot of cool things coming down the road, so we're all very excited to get everything nice and tidy for a release and a good old Brawl night, only so that we can then take it all apart and put it back together again with new things in mind Smiley I'm just as excited as you are.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #211 on: January 23, 2015, 09:53:35 AM »

In due time. I need to actually have a new character close to completion first. However, if you'd like to acquire sound clips from scratch, I'll pm you Smiley There is one character I can't find a sawnd for, so if someone could at least gather some clips, that would help us a lot Smiley

Let me see what can I do.

I made the Halo and Mortal Kombat announcer SFX from my pack.
    The only problem I had so far was with the "Slayer" one, but all others work fine.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #212 on: January 23, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »

update on the sonic/shadow fusion:
    all specials are pretty much done. next will be final smash. then maybe smash attacks.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #213 on: January 23, 2015, 07:48:20 PM »

update on the sonic/shadow fusion:
    all specials are pretty much done. next will be final smash. then maybe smash attacks.

This thing...
    Are you going to use it in the pack and delete the Shadow PSA, or keep it?

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

RedipsTheCooler
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #214 on: January 24, 2015, 10:06:11 AM »

We would, however our intention is to make a combo character for Galactaknight. I haven't Seen Dark Metaknight though, so I don't know what sort of moves he has that might be available, but depending on how different he plays, we may borrow a move or two. It all depends. But Galactaknight is being conceived right now.

Funny you should mention, I have been working on fusing Metaknught and Dark Metaknight! So far I've gotten his Dark Meta's S-Smash done. All I really need to do now is finish his D-Air and S-Special, then post to the vault, so you could take a look and evaluate (I know you've concived GalactaKnight, but looking would still be good).

Ness and Ninten (The issue here is deciding how to make him play, since really most of the PSI powers that Ness uses are powers he didn't use, Paula did however. So I was considering her at one point since Ninten's powers from Mother 1 (Earthbound 0) were as limited as Ness'. So we'll see basically, but Ninten is definately considered)

As for Ness + Ninten, I would imagine Ninten having stronger PSI attacks (PK Flash, Fire, etc), but weaker physical attacks (Bat swing, kick, etc), while Ness would be more balanced compared to Ninten. Alternatively, a user named Alses made a moveset for Ness that was a hybrid of his and PM Lucas' moveset, so there's that, too.

Pit and Dark Pit (We just need someone to make Dark Pit from Smash 4. At this point in time we have too much on our plate to want to make a Smash 4 Dark Pit moveset. So we're hoping by the time we finish some of our creations, Smash 4 movesets will become more of a common thing on the vault).

It should be worth noting that someone did make a DarkPit moveset... sort of. It is more based on the PM Pit moveset, but it does feature some of Sm4sh DP's traits (different arrow, stronger attacks, etc) so you might want to check it out. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=39746&Moderated=All

I've been asked to look at the Isaacs, I just haven't aha I'm busy with my stages right now is all. But I intend to, he's a very highly demanded character, so I'm sure he's got something about him that's appealing.

YES. I would certainly recommend either of the Isaacs (once you're finished with stages, of course). However, they do have issues (one gets stuck with Down B in air, and the other can use Up B forever with no Psynergy points). I'd still reccomend them, though.

We're all doing our best Smiley Amazingly, most of your suggestions are already in the cards so... we have preemptively considered them Cheesy

I see... so perhaps, I'm a clairvoyant?  Grin  Also, I feel very honored talking with you. You're like, my hero or something.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #215 on: January 24, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »

Funny you should mention, I have been working on fusing Metaknught and Dark Metaknight! So far I've gotten his Dark Meta's S-Smash done. All I really need to do now is finish his D-Air and S-Special, then post to the vault, so you could take a look and evaluate (I know you've concived GalactaKnight, but looking would still be good).

Really? Let me PM you about that then. That sounds promising Smiley

As for Ness + Ninten, I would imagine Ninten having stronger PSI attacks (PK Flash, Fire, etc), but weaker physical attacks (Bat swing, kick, etc), while Ness would be more balanced compared to Ninten. Alternatively, a user named Alses made a moveset for Ness that was a hybrid of his and PM Lucas' moveset, so there's that, too.

Hmm... I want to avoid clone characters as much as possible (Unless they existed, like Pichu, or the character is a clone from another game practically like Ken and Ryu) as in characters have to have a few different moves rather than just properties. So more of a Falco then a Young Link, ya know? In my mind... I can't pick out too many differences between the two. I mean I like Earth Bound 0 but I can't think of what exactly would separate the two... But Ninten is sort of the last protagonist from the series that isn't included... I mean I could do Poo and Susan obviously... Poo could be cool... (I don't recommend quoting me out loud in the work place aha) Yeah... it would have to be Ninten. That way the voice can be the same.

We have an idea for Lucas, but that's going to wait a bit. I think people will be very pleased though Smiley

It should be worth noting that someone did make a DarkPit moveset... sort of. It is more based on the PM Pit moveset, but it does feature some of Sm4sh DP's traits (different arrow, stronger attacks, etc) so you might want to check it out. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=39746&Moderated=All

That'll be a good foundation for sure. But I'd still need the shield front and back, the new Up special, and forward special. As for normal attacks... I know some of the animations are probably similar and I don't THINK that Dark Pit has anything that is dissimilar to his moveset in Brawl. If someone just made those specials (which would require that Side Special item) then we'd put those in in no time.

I could just do the fusion with the Dark Pit available, but I don't want him to turn into Hector, where we put in a combo character who we plan on working on later... but then sort of neglecting for the time being. I mean I have ideas for him, but I'm just a bit preoccupied. In my mind, my window for PSA needs to close for this update so that I don't start something and want to postpone release, so I'll hold off and see where everyone else is at and release soon before I finish Hector. But yeah, to avoid the Hector neglect, I'll PROBABLY still wait to put in Dark Pit, unless there's enough demand for him.

YES. I would certainly recommend either of the Isaacs (once you're finished with stages, of course). However, they do have issues (one gets stuck with Down B in air, and the other can use Up B forever with no Psynergy points). I'd still reccomend them, though.

There's a plan for him, but it's a secret for now. :X

I see... so perhaps, I'm a clairvoyant?  Grin  Also, I feel very honored talking with you. You're like, my hero or something.

Aha maybe Cheesy

And the pleasure is mine. I love talking to my pack users to hear what they think and feel about it. It's Brawl for "ALL" for a reason, I feel like I'm working with a community, so I'm just as honored as you are. Smiley

But I'm going to PM you about Dark Metaknight. We'll move to there.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #216 on: January 25, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »

*follows this thread*

You Never Know!

KWVance
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #217 on: January 26, 2015, 10:11:56 PM »

only reason i use a 2gb is because i thought that was the only way when u use gecko

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #218 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »

only reason i use a 2gb is because i thought that was the only way when u use gecko

It used to be, you're right.
    But the SDHC Extension code lets you use longer GB SD Cards or SDHC.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #219 on: January 27, 2015, 10:13:21 AM »

I seem to be having trouble. Ridley keeps freezing the game. I have tried re-adding I have tried making the SD again, tried different zip programs to unzip, but within a minute of the match Ridley will always cause a freeze for me.

The freeze seems to happen each time he lands or get hit while in free fall, or helpless state.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:23:06 PM by zutox » Logged

You Never Know!

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #220 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

I was going to refrain from posting on this, but it looks like it cannot be helped.

First, excellent work on this build. Everything's fairly organized and the PSAs are great. I'm also interested in the dual roster code you mentioned.

Secondly, pertaining to the Ninten + Ness discussion: Ninten fights completely different than Ness, as he has no offensive PSI whatsoever, instead relying on stat boosts like OffenseUp or DefenseUp.

Third, pertaining to the Meta Knight fusions: I personally would like to see all three Knights in the build, instead of Meta Knight + Dark Meta Knight or Meta Knight + Galacta Knight. But that's more wishful thinking than anything.

Last, pertaining to the Eliwood PSA: Would it be possible at all to make it public? I'm interested in using it in my own BrawlEx and I'm sure a lot of other people would be too.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:17:16 PM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #221 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »

I was going to refrain from posting on this, but it looks like it cannot be helped.

First, excellent work on this build. Everything's fairly organized and the PSAs are great.

Secondly, pertaining to the Ninten + Ness discussion: Ninten fights completely different than Ness, as he has no offensive PSI whatsoever, instead relying on stat boosts like OffenseUp or DefenseUp.

That's why I felt Paula might be a better fit. Smiley Ninten is just more iconic. But we'll see.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #222 on: January 27, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »

Oh, I didn't notice those other questions... that's weird...

Third, pertaining to the Meta Knight fusions: I personally would like to see all three Knights in the build, instead of Meta Knight + Dark Meta Knight or Meta Knight + Galacta Knight. But that's more wishful thinking than anything.

The problem is that a future project of mine is to have 4 models available for all of the movesets.  Metaknight can only have 10 though, which means that Galactaknight and Dark Metaknight would only get 3 spaces each.

So I'm debating on how important it is to make the characters fully available for a 4 play match.

I might make a poll about it once I've gathered enough information with the current poll.

Last, pertaining to the Eliwood PSA: Would it be possible at all to make it public? I'm interested in using it in my own BrawlEx and I'm sure a lot of other people would be too.

If you're referring to a standalone separate Eliwood PSA, there is none. The PSA was taken apart from other Marth PSAs and was used to create the combo character we have.

If you mean you want the combo character Roy and Eliwood itself then I'd have to clear it with the guy who worked on it and figure out who to credit for the original animations and what not. Then release it.

In fact that^ is the reason I haven't put my pack on the Vault yet. I know it would get more people to look at it and whatnot, but it's not fair for me to upload it to the vault without full credit to everybody who made the original PSAs, stages, music, menu cosmetics, codes, etc.

But clearing it for one moveset is different so if there is demand for it, I could see what I could do.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #223 on: January 27, 2015, 02:09:21 PM »

-snip-

I wouldn't object to the Knights having less slots for colors, that's a minor flaw, but this isn't my project. I support any decision regardless, just as long as the fusion comes out good.

As for Eliwood, I am aware that the PSA is a put-together of other PSAs, and that's what interested me. I'm sure removing the attributes and animations from Roy's .pac files would be a nightmare though, but it didn't hurt to inquire. If you and whoever else developed it ever get around to separating those things and make Eliwood a standalone character (to download, not for your build), that would be a cool bonus.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:12:27 PM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Weegeeisgoingtokillme
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #224 on: January 27, 2015, 02:30:19 PM »

My feedback: Make Dixie a clone, her moveset right now is glitchy and doesn't make sense.

Update Rosalina.

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: