Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 437500 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #360 on: March 15, 2015, 05:59:33 PM »

It can't have anything to do with the save data, because when I tried with my save data still there, it froze on loading the CSS instead.(But that's apparently mainly because I was trying to modify the pack.)

pkv
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: March 15, 2015, 09:21:16 PM »

Is there any way to create a virtual SD card file for Dolphin that is larger than 2gb?

Devann
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: March 15, 2015, 10:17:30 PM »

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it.

I downloaded the 4gb patch and put everything properly where it should go for CFG USB use. However, when I try to load group (red main menu option) and then smash, it completely freezes.

I'm still having this problem... could anyone please help me with this?

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: March 16, 2015, 03:54:24 AM »

I've noticed a lot of people having trouble loading the pack. Everyone should follow these steps:
    1. Download the pack itself (whether it be the 4GB version or the 2GB version (Dolphin version).

2. Put the pack on to your SD card, and make sure you have the root look like this picture:

• For the 4GB pack, load it by going to custom stages (like how you would load Project M).
      So load the game normally (instead of going right to gecko), and go to Vault > Stage Builder.
    • For the 2GB pack, load from Gecko normally with a modded wii. This pack will work on Dolphin. As far as I know, there is no way to get the 4GB pack to work on Dolphin. Both packs have the same characters, just stages are different (since the 4GB gives room for the multiple pages of stages).

4. For the 4GB pack, for the "Kirby Patch", you don't need to download it anymore if I recall correctly because the regular 4GB pack download has been fixed to have those files added, the patch was only for people who downloaded the pack Day 1, since we didn't want them to have to redownload the pack again. So just ignore the Kirby patch. If you need the Kirby patch, simply extract the files, and put all of the Kirby files into the pack's Kirby files.

I haven't had any issues since the update, no freezes or trouble, with the exception of Dark Samus being weird with certain characters (but he's being fixed! I suggest avoiding her for now!), and then there's one or two alts (One of the Roll one's and one of the Link one's, this will be fixed soon as well). Otherwise, I haven't had any issues. If you tried to modify the pack in any way (such as deleting any files), I can't help you. If you tried to replace characters with different PSAs, that should work as normal (except you will have gfx conflictions most likely, and sound effects will not exist for that character). Remember, some of the clones in the pack use different modules than what appears on the vault due to Nebulon's and my edits, meaning you might be replacing characters incorrectly. Lastly, adding recolors to characters (like adding on, not replacing) will require you to go into the BrawlEx files and adding in another costume manually.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: March 19, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »

So I've been gone for a while. Itman has been filling in for information giving I see, thank you very much Smiley As always he's fantastic to work with.

So I've been testing some new things and sort of adapting to a more busy life. I feel like a lot of members of the site hit this wall where they started modding and submitting those mods in their teens or early 20s, or at least in times in which they didn't have a lot of responsibility. I'm no different. Lately I've been more busy with more work hours, which means I need to junction my social life a little different and that leaves me less time for Smash Bros. modding. However, I don't want the pack to cease production. I want it to get to it's absolute maximum. Which is why I'm so thankful to have the help I do. Smiley

If I post less, that's why.

That being said, we still have a lot of planned things for the pack.

Last release you got 156 levels.... not too shabby...

But...

Say we found a way to put in MORE levels... what sort of levels would you want?

Wink

Things to consider, since there is a standard that must be met:

-Stages cannot simply be re-textures, unless the texture changes the identity of a stage to another stage. (An example would be Mercury Lighthouse from Goldensun. It's a re-texture and a different background, but because it's an existing place in the games, it technically could qualify)

-No character should have more than 6-7 stages representing their series per page. This is to give other characters a fair chance to have level representation, as well as to not bore users. I wouldn't want a HYPOTHETICAL page 3 to be dubbed the "Sonic page". Also, keeping it to that standard forces myself to find more stages.

-Stages that represent locations for included fighters are the most appreciated. Every fighter should have a "home field". That being said, quality is still essential. So if Viewtiful Joe only has a 2-D background stage, then Viewtiful Joe simply won't have a stage. The need for a home field doesn't out-weigh the expected quality.

-2-D stages should be avoided if the 2-D doesn't somehow play into the style. An of a good 2-D stage would be, Flat-Zone, or Smash-Land stages. A simple texture with collisions is entertaining, but is not what we're looking for. This rule can be overlooked if the texture is animated to some extent to give the illusion of a more lively battle arena.

-Stages from previous Smash Bros games are a MUST. I currently have all of the stages, as well as a few more little reference stages downloaded (Trophy Tussle 1-3 is an example) so anything that means Smash Bros. can be included indefinitely.

-Stages should not have glitches. This goes without saying, but it's essential. If you know a stage has a glitch related to the stage, then it needs to be discarded from thought.

-Lastly, stages need to cause little to no lag. Lag is understandable when certain things are met, but the stage should not lag with 4 Marios in play.

As a special aside, if you happen to have a stage that is unreleased or exclusive to your persona build, and you want to share, feel free to send it to me. One thing I've learned going through the entire list of stages on the vault twice is that the amount of unique stages that are of high quality is surprisingly low, where as the majority of stage mods are re textures.

I could simply complete the HYPOTHETICAL page myself, but I wanted to give the community a chance to pick some stages, as with the new lack of images for most stage previews I could have potentially skipped over rather interesting stages.

On a final note, if we reach a stage limit, and more stages from SSB4 or 3DS come to life, those will have priority. Meaning that if a limit is reached before all of those stages are recreated to an extent, some of the stages we have selected and will select will be replaced. They have the "right of way" so to speak.

I'm going back into my shell, but I'll be sure to check any stages you include here Smiley
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:24:48 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Zongalito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: March 19, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

Say we found a way to put in MORE levels... what sort of levels would you want?

maybe you should make a roster about the stages that are already in, because maybe the pictures are outdated, and the quality is not clear enought to see them and understand
    i would like to do that by myself but still i havent got time to go back to my house and play some wii
    in the mean time, here are some levels
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208029
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208007
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207989
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207833
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207659

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: March 19, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »

wat about some weeb stages?
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207421
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207599
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207122

Zongalito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: March 20, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »

ok so i managed to get the game in my hands, i'm really happy to see the audio files for the characters, but i got some glitches
    Roll's marvel vs capcom style clothe freezes the game
    selecting all 4 alternate links freezes the game aswell = Dark link, skyward link, young link and toon link
    pilly has an infinite final smash glitch
    and this is just some point, take no offence
    but i see no difference at all from ganondorf to oot ganondorf, maybe a different moveset like ganondorf with a sword would be better?
    same goes between young, toon and normal link maybe the three of them should use a slot
    gyarados is just like mario moveset with different elements, like tornados instead of fire balls

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: March 21, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »

ok so i managed to get the game in my hands, i'm really happy to see the audio files for the characters, but i got some glitches
    Roll's marvel vs capcom style clothe freezes the game
    selecting all 4 alternate links freezes the game aswell = Dark link, skyward link, young link and toon link
    pilly has an infinite final smash glitch
    and this is just some point, take no offence
    but i see no difference at all from ganondorf to oot ganondorf, maybe a different moveset like ganondorf with a sword would be better?
    same goes between young, toon and normal link maybe the three of them should use a slot
    gyarados is just like mario moveset with different elements, like tornados instead of fire balls
    Thank you for posting!
    -Can you tell me about Doc's infinite final smash? How did you get it to be infinite? This way I can fix it.
    -Ganon and OotGanon have different movesets for the most part, and Oot has different attributes. Demise is a sword Ganon moveset, which can be played by changing Ganon's costume to a Demise costume -- you might like his moveset better.
    -I wish we could combine Link, Young Link, and Toon Link into one slot, but it doesn't work like that. Well also, Toon Link and Link are original brawl characters, and a goal of Brawl4All is to not touch any original brawl characters. And Young Link is an old melee character, and another goal was to have the five removed ones (Doc, Roy, Mewtwo, Young Link, and Pichu) be playable exactly as they were. Link is currently being fused with Dark Link, and we have fusion plans for the other two.
    -Gyarados is nearly done being revamped, in the next release his moveset will be changed up.

Zongalito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #369 on: March 21, 2015, 09:58:27 AM »

Thank you for posting!
    -Can you tell me about Doc's infinite final smash? How did you get it to be infinite? This way I can fix it.
    -Ganon and OotGanon have different movesets for the most part, and Oot has different attributes. Demise is a sword Ganon moveset, which can be played by changing Ganon's costume to a Demise costume -- you might like his moveset better.
    -I wish we could combine Link, Young Link, and Toon Link into one slot, but it doesn't work like that. Well also, Toon Link and Link are original brawl characters, and a goal of Brawl4All is to not touch any original brawl characters. And Young Link is an old melee character, and another goal was to have the five removed ones (Doc, Roy, Mewtwo, Young Link, and Pichu) be playable exactly as they were. Link is currently being fused with Dark Link, and we have fusion plans for the other two.
    -Gyarados is nearly done being revamped, in the next release his moveset will be changed up.
    Docs? Im 69% sure i said pilly the piranha plant
    It was a com. It used the final smash but after using it. It remained with the final smash effect.
    And you added pilly. But there arent plans for daisy?
    And toon link can share the slot with Young link. Being both links from alternate places.
    And flygon will be revamped as well? Its moveset is kinda unstable
    And for roll please fix her.

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: March 21, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »

Docs? Im 69% sure i said pilly the piranha plant
    It was a com. It used the final smash but after using it. It remained with the final smash effect.
    And you added pilly. But there arent plans for daisy?
    And toon link can share the slot with Young link. Being both links from alternate places.
    And flygon will be revamped as well? Its moveset is kinda unstable
    And for roll please fix her.
    -OHHH lol, I thought you said "Pilly" to refer to Doc, you mean Petey Piranha. And I've never had that happen to me before, I just tested it now and it worked as expected.

Sparky56p
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #371 on: March 22, 2015, 03:55:47 AM »

To those who are having some issues loading,  are you guys using micro SD cards (in adapter of course) just curious,  when u first started using this pack almost all the additional stages froze and a few characters froze,  however I bought a new 2gb SD card and used the same files and the game functioned much better (with the 4gb release I've since upgraded to a 4gb SDHC) I'm just saying maybe the wii don't load this correctly from micro SD cards,  though somebody with better experience is more than welcome to tell me I'm wrong lol I barely know what I'm talking about here (I have no clue what dolphins restrictions are so I only suggest this could be a cause of issues on a wii)

Additionally I noticed a page back somebody said something about announcer calls,  up until now I thought they had just been removed as I never hear them,  is there maybe something wrong with my set up?
    (4gb version) I really ain't worried about it just now starting to think something is wrong lol

Finox
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: March 22, 2015, 11:12:29 AM »

If I already have this, is it possible to still make clone characters?? If it is, will watching the video tutorials still work for me??

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #373 on: March 22, 2015, 11:22:27 AM »

If I already have this, is it possible to still make clone characters?? If it is, will watching the video tutorials still work for me??
    Yes, at the moment it is still possible since we haven't used all of the slots yet. You'll have to look in the files and see what slots are left over (I honestly have no idea). Also, the new character you add in won't have any sounds, csps, etc...unless you add them yourself. Lastly, gfx will probably conflict with something else unless you port the character correctly. But yes, inserting a clone character is the same process.

Finox
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: March 22, 2015, 12:13:31 PM »

Ah okay. I'm thinking that its probably not worth it in the long run since it will probably cause conflicts with later updates and patches

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: