Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 437446 times)
PseudoTypical
Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #630 on: July 20, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »

Do you plan on updating some of the more janky characters? Mega Man definitely needs animation improvements, for one thing, though he'll be way better after that. (I haven't downloaded yet so if you have already I apologize)

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #631 on: July 20, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »

I haven't made animation updates. I'm actually looking for someone who can go through and make animation touch ups where they see fit. If you or someone you know wants to be a part of the team for that then let me know!

Otherwise it's not on my list just yet. The team is small and I can inly specialize in so much while maintaining organization of the project. My next manner of business is the 4th stage page and some secret codes we might have...

And some sound issues here and there. For the 3.8 release that is.

But if you do plan on downloading the newest iteration, I'll be releasing the patched "definitive" version tonight. This will be our last bug release for a little while.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #632 on: July 20, 2015, 06:55:47 PM »

About Dark Samus. Now that you have rel files for just about anyone, couldn't you simply place the original Dark samus that was made over Samus and port the original Samus/zss over to a new slot?

I do miss Dark Samus in the rooster

You Never Know!

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #633 on: July 20, 2015, 08:52:19 PM »

I think the last version of Sephiroth was better than this one.

I mean, when facing Marth, Sephiroth will sound like him when being KOed, and that's ugly. In the last version that issue wasn't present.
    I recommend to give him at least the Star KO and make him say the phrase "I'll fall into the shadows".
    I could do that, but SFX ID hacking corrupts my .pac files no matter how many times I try it, and I don't know which SAWND file is Sephiroth's Tongue

The Final Smash is good, but there's a small light after the explosion that makes it... well, weird.

Also, Dark Samus is missing.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #634 on: July 20, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »

Dark Samus won't work. The previous Dark Samus froze the game randomly and didn't work with certain other characters in play.

If I use the Samus REL for Dark Samus it'll still freeze (even the fresh Crony one will freeze). I can't combine the slots for her to work either. Samus has too much filesize with Zero Suit Samus. So I don't know what to do about her. But she's not coming back until I can remedy one of these problems.

As for Sephiroth, the previous one teleported and was corrupted. The new one might not have the proper KO sound (In the future it can be fixed) but I was more concerned with removing glitches and bugs for this release, so that's why I used this one.

So, at least for now, the Sephiroth will be as he is unless someone wants to make some changes and I can offer it as an alt patch for people who want to replace the one in the build. But I'm taking a step back from these characters for a bit, as Brawlboy and I really went through and tried to make sure there were no more playability issues and we sort of need to take a breather. Aha, it's exhausting in it's own way.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #635 on: July 20, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »

As for Sephiroth, the previous one teleported and was corrupted. The new one might not have the proper KO sound (In the future it can be fixed) but I was more concerned with removing glitches and bugs for this release, so that's why I used this one.

So, at least for now, the Sephiroth will be as he is unless someone wants to make some changes and I can offer it as an alt patch for people who want to replace the one in the build. But I'm taking a step back from these characters for a bit, as Brawlboy and I really went through and tried to make sure there were no more playability issues and we sort of need to take a breather. Aha, it's exhausting in it's own way.

Well, I hope he gets all of his SFX fixed.
    Also, he lacks of SFX in some attacks. Said sounds can be heard if facing Marth (not voice, sword sounds).

I insist so much on Sephiroth because he's my favorite character.

There's no other thing to do, but to try to change his SFX IDs and some SFX.
    Which SAWND file is Sephiroth's?

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #636 on: July 21, 2015, 07:39:54 AM »

Well, I hope he gets all of his SFX fixed.
    Also, he lacks of SFX in some attacks. Said sounds can be heard if facing Marth (not voice, sword sounds).

I insist so much on Sephiroth because he's my favorite character.

There's no other thing to do, but to try to change his SFX IDs and some SFX.
    Which SAWND file is Sephiroth's?

Hmm... okay then. I'll get to him sooner rather than later.

Anyway, the 3.71 build is up ready for DL.

I had 3 parts put up, but I accidentally made the third part the entire build... so if you want to download the entire 8GB version it's up. There's still instructions for how to change the build to 2GB and 4GB.

We changed too many characters, music, and what have you to just make another patch. I feared that making a patch with so much would confuse people and I'd get flooded with emails. So it's all nice and set up for you in the SDHCX .rar file.

Enjoy.

Later I'll post a pic of something we're working on.

brawlboy22
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #637 on: July 21, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »

Do you plan on updating some of the more janky characters? Mega Man definitely needs animation improvements, for one thing, though he'll be way better after that. (I haven't downloaded yet so if you have already I apologize)

Im actually working on getting someone on the team who can go through and focus on these things. I myself have just started to move back into psa work so that might help things some also. As nebulon said we are working on future things at this point but ill be more free to psa now that we are 87% done with coding. That's unless there's something nebulon wants me to check out then back to coding I go.

Weegeeisgoingtokillme
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #638 on: July 21, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

Why does Pichu sound like Pikachu? Might wanna fix her voice.

Also, the Randomchu PSA would help Pichu be useful.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #639 on: July 21, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »

Pichu should sound like Pichu... What are uou playing it on? Was Pikachu in play? I know I fixed Pichu's sounds a few releases ago....

Weegeeisgoingtokillme
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #640 on: July 21, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »

From the time I downloaded this, the updated version's link had nothing in it so I just downloaded 3.5 and assumed that would be latest version until a while. So yeah, I was using an outdated version... Sorry for wasting your time again.

Anyways, you should try the Randomchu PSA for Pichu.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #641 on: July 21, 2015, 05:59:53 PM »

From the time I downloaded this, the updated version's link had nothing in it so I just downloaded 3.5 and assumed that would be latest version until a while. So yeah, I was using an outdated version... Sorry for wasting your time again.

Anyways, you should try the Randomchu PSA for Pichu.
    Who's he over? I could try to combine him.

spicergman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #642 on: July 21, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »

megamans forward smash will crash the game, its charge up will work but releasing will bring up the same message. I followed the install instructions for the 2gb version. Am i doing something wrong? or is this an issue for everyone?

Weegeeisgoingtokillme
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #643 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »

Randomchu is not a character but a mod that alters Pikachu's (Or in this case Pichu's) moveset knockback to be random. His Down Special, Fair, and I believe his back throw is the only moves that hurts himself. But for only 1 - 5% depending on the move. It goes over FitPikachu (FitPichu). Also, I would suggest changing some of Pichu's special moves if your team knows anything about custom animations. It's a personal suggestion, but Pichu shouldn't be a clone this time around because of the new electric moves Pichu can use in the new games.
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:50:19 PM by Weegeeisgoingtokillme » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #644 on: July 21, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »

Definitive build?

So this is done?

Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: