Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 439801 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #660 on: July 24, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »

This is Shiny Pichu. It's a texture hack of Star's Pichu model.  The wrinkles on Pichu's face is hardly seen and makes the current textures look ugly and "25 years older" compared to this. I think this should be Pichu's primary costume replacement. Looks a lot like the Pichu plushie I own that's behind me! (Except it has no spike ear in game)

Download is at Brawl Vault as usual. It's easy to find.  It shouldn't add any huge bytes to the already large folder of this pack.

In other news

Little Mac is non existent. He appears as Dante when playing as him

and a question...  RSB2 and RSB3 is too much for my 3DS' SD card (Which is 4GB). Any ideas?

He appears as Dante? x.x Let me check that...

And thanks for the Pichu skin.

For 4GB, remove RSB3.

Post Merge: July 24, 2015, 05:44:36 PM

Just a minor bug report,  in fact it's not even relevant to mist stages but if Dark Link uses his Left/Right B and happens to hit water at the same time he becomes invisible (using the same buttons causes him to reappear) like I said really not a big deal at all but it's there lol (I used Great Bay and tried using it to cross the water between the rock and the landing next to the turtle if that helps determine the cause but I'm guessing it's the water ending the move)

Moving on its very rare but I've had a few freezes while switching between alts.  I can't seem to replicate any of them though,  just happens lol but it's been maybe once out of 50 games or so so that don't bother me

As far as characters do,  I seen it mentioned before but I think the Mega Charizard (not sure if both but definitely the last) may be a little too strong in attacks,  particularly his left/right B,  nothing quite like opening a game with it and sending opponents to the blast zones first hit lol Smiley

All in all loving the build Cheesy

Which Mega Charizard? Aha, there's two.

Random freezes are to be expected.

I'll look into the Dark Link thing.

So I'm not sure if this was fully addressed (I glanced back at some previous comments but didn't find a clear answer), but I don't know how to get the 3-4 stage page. My brothers and I have some favorite stages that are missing (We bet are on the 3-4 stage page), so we played around with it and couldn't find it
    I use the wiimote and I know it's a- to flip back and forth from 1/2 and 5/6...but that 3-4 is eluding me
    I know that you have been getting a lot of requests/suggestions/problems and mine is not of extreme importance but if you could find the time to get back to me at some point I'd really appreciate it. Btw, We're now finally getting some use out of our wii thanks to you haha

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the Wii Mote work :/ Our coder is looking into it, but until I hear something from him, I've got nothing to share. Sorry :/

Two things, one, I'm experiencing random crashing when brawl is selected, sometimes it crashes, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm running the mod through an 8 gig sdhc card, and I installed as per the instructions. I should say that I am running a back up of the game, mainly because my sister broke my disc copy, knowing that I didn't have the money to get a new one, so I have to use the backup through homebrew channel. I had a similar problem with the previous version as well, so it might be just the fact that it's a backup, I'm not sure, but if there's a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Second thing: This one is a suggestion. Do you think, for the next version, you can modify the final smashes of Cloud and Zack? Maybe give Cloud back the Omnislash and giving Zack something like the helicopter strike from Crisis Core or one of his other limit breaks from there? Just a suggestion.

Thanks in advance to alll replies.

I can't speak for the top part of your post, as I only use the Wii and know nothing about anything outside of the official disc, and the modded Wii. I'm sorry :/

As for cloud and Zack, we'll see. If someone wants to make those FSes, be my guest. I actually don't care much for FSes aha, so it'd be cool if someone helped.

Update: nevermind turns out it will fix the menu but many times the game will freeze up during a match lasting longer than 10 minutes with stutter or will do that stactic music with low volume during a match if you use some one like dark pit regardless of what version of Dolphin you run. Right now I can only run it in Dolphin properly if I copy the RSBE folder from the new Mod pack and overwrite the RSBE folder from the version 3.5 or as its called "old version" of Nebulons pack, I have not tested it thoroughly but so far its running without stuttering and havent had any freezes or music/sound issues.

It's a good thing you're looking into it. I don't use Dolphin so I didn't know what to do about that version. If it develops further, I'll set up a Dolphin version by just switching out the RSBE folder form the *old* build.

I know you put a lot of effort into this and your still working your butt off for this hack pack and you have more important things to do but if you have a little time to spare could you make announcer calls for everybody? This is my favorite pack and I think announcer calls would make this way better in many ways.

Aha, so many people want these. Smiley The problem is that if I'm going to do announcer calls, I'd want them clear and consistent. I don't have equipment to record proper sounding voices, and I don't know what effect to give them in order for them to have sort of the "echo" effect the announcer has (if that's the proper thing to call it).

More importantly, I don't have an awesome voice for something like that. I don't squeak or anything (ahaha) but I just don't sound epic. I'd need a good voice in order to achieve the announcer calling, and then I'd need to replace sounds... Which means I'd need someone else's help. And as of right now, plenty of people like the build, but I'm not getting the help I need to really feel good deviating from the task list I have at hand, and the announcer calls aren't anywhere near the top. So... if someone wants to help, that'd be great.

Ive been gone all week, so im downloading it right now. Is there a way to switch to all the stages with the wiimote nunchuck combination in this build?

Not currently. We're looking into it Smiley

Hi Nebulon.
    I might have missed a part where you said why or where but I seem to miss a few characters, I already got that you said Dark Samus was not working as intended, but where did Gyarados, Dante, Lloyd and Kakashi go? All the interesting characters seem to be missing from the new version I just tried. Also, choosing to start playing as Charizard X/Y is a bit OP, and since it's his specialty and you need to "earn" getting to evolution point when you play as normal charizard it seems a little unfair.  Kinda like being Little Mac and having his KO punch all the time Tongue

My plan is to make the one's you can select have weaker stats, and the ones you transform into stay the same. I can seperate it in the coding, so that'll be in a future update. Until then, just tell your pals they're OP.

So i have downloaded all the stuff and did as you say, then tried starting it with gecko. gecko said to me: your game id is RSBP01. I guess this is because it is an european version of the game. i already tried changing the RSBE files to RSBP. but every time i try a new combination of RSBP and RSBE files, it either says no SD codes found or it finds them, applies them and then blackscreen. do you know which of the files containing RSBE i need to rename to RSBP? I already tried the following:
    only the folder called RSBE renamed to RSBP -> no files found
    only the RSBE01.gct renamed to RSBP01.gct -> blackscreen
    all the .gct files called RSBE01 -> blackscreen
    all the .gct files and the folder -> blackscreen
    all the .gct files, the folder and the txt files -> blackscreen
    only RSBE01.gct and the folder -> blackscreen
    nothing -> no files found

so do you know which files need to be renamed to RSBP and whch i should let RSBE? and do i maybe need to edit any of the files? or will it simply not work for european (bought in germany) copys of the game.
    more info:
    i tried to launch the project m app too, but it either sends me back to the wii menu (every time gecko said there are no files) or blackscreens (every time gecko blackscreened too)
    i deleted all custom stages (read about that somewhere, they were [censored]ty anyway)
    i am using the homebrew channel
    i have unlocked all characters in the standard SSBB
    i have tried everything above with my 1.87 GB SD card
    i also tried some of them with my 7.57 GB USB
    both are formatted FAT32
    i have no other brawl hacks installed

dont know if that might help you, but i dont have any idea what to do anymore (except for trying every single possible combination of RSBE and RSBP files

Sad I'm really sorry to read this. I know nothing about PAL region discs and the requirements to set it up for PAL. But surely, someone knows what to do, considering the amount of people who seem to use my build... perhaps ask in one of the help forums?

Post Merge: July 24, 2015, 09:03:12 PM
    I need someone's assistance for a new addition. Without revealing much, I need someone to port my Slippy Toad model to Falco.

This is VERY important. If you know how to do this, please pm me or respond here.

I just beat my 504th game so I'm going to be looking into another addition. I'll have some things to share in the near future...
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:03:12 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

MarioDox
    Advanced Kitten

Stage guy

• Awards Featured Famous Hacker Star Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #661 on: July 25, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »

New things... In near future...
    I want a bomb.

axldash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #662 on: July 25, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »

HI i need some help how i change the stage pages ?

superben2008
    Mega Kitten

yay. i'm in BRAWL now.

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #663 on: July 25, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »

HI i need some help how i change the stage pages ?

you need a gamecube controller.
    z+l to go to page 3
    and y+x to go to page 2

use these button combinations again to go back to page 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
    superben shorts: 6
    micro superben: 4
    2 stupid power rangers: 1
    Ben's answering machine: 2
    ----------
    photobucket name

superben_2007

axldash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #664 on: July 26, 2015, 08:12:45 AM »

Thanks for the answer! the combination of buttons must be pressed in the stage selection screen and return to the character selection? or press the button screen for page 2 ?Sorrry but i suspect my gamecube controller is broken, thanks again and sorry for the anoying

superben2008
    Mega Kitten

yay. i'm in BRAWL now.

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #665 on: July 26, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »

Thanks for the answer! the combination of buttons must be pressed in the stage selection screen and return to the character selection? or press the button screen for page 2 ?Sorrry but i suspect my gamecube controller is broken, thanks again and sorry for the anoying

it's best to press them on the menu before the character select screen. don't press them on the stage selection screen.

episodes of web series

----------
    photobucket name

superben_2007

spicergman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #666 on: July 26, 2015, 08:00:24 PM »

Right now I can only run it in Dolphin properly if I copy the RSBE folder from the new Mod pack and "replace" the RSBE folder from the version 3.5 or as its called "old version" of Nebulons pack.

At the moment this method works, however there are still issues.
    "Tested with Dolphin 4.0-7084"

Final smash causes super mario bros mushroom kingdom 2's 2-D Background elements like the cherrys and climbable vines to move sideways flickering and selecting a new stage after that will cause a crash.

Dark Pit or Pitoo's attacks that use the super scope's sound effects will cause the music to bug out with that low volume random song static. Zack's(Coulds old moveset) final smash will not connect with any character even if its in front of him and will only work properly when hes on the ground. I hope you can get around to that patch to fix classic megamans forward smash.

Axl's moveset desperately needs to be reworked hes fast but has the weakest launching power and his moves has him jumping around too much making him jump off an edge when I just want him to stay in one place or just as bad his dash+A attack will have him shoting behind him. My suggestion would be to switch his ground final smash to something like his bazooka from megaman x7 even if its short ranged cause the camera will get stuck zoomed in on him if he gets nudged even a little bit by a character or the stage.

I apologize if these bugs were already mentioned Im having trouble connecting to this website I have to refresh the page 10 times just to connect or post anything
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:23:07 PM by spicergman » Logged

roadkill630
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #667 on: July 30, 2015, 08:22:47 AM »

I understand that you are hard at work with the next update and all, but do you have any progress on switching screens with the wiimote/nunchuck combo?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #668 on: July 30, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »

Right now I can only run it in Dolphin properly if I copy the RSBE folder from the new Mod pack and overwrite the RSBE folder from the version 3.5 or as its called "old version" of Nebulons pack.

At the moment this method works, however there are still issues.
    "Tested with Dolphin 4.0-7084"

Final smash causes super mario bros mushroom kingdom 2's 2-D Background elements like the cherrys and climbable vines to move sideways flickering and selecting a new stage after that will cause a crash.

Dark Pit or Pitoo's attacks that use the super scope's sound effects will cause the music to bug out with that low volume random song static. Zack's(Coulds old moveset) final smash will not connect with any character even if its in front of him and will only work properly when hes on the ground. I hope you can get around to that patch to fix classic megamans forward smash.

Axl's moveset desperately needs to be reworked hes fast but has the weakest launching power and his moves has him jumping around too much making him jump off an edge when I just want him to stay in one place or just as bad his dash+A attack will have him shoting behind him. My suggestion would be to switch his ground final smash to something like his bazooka from megaman x7 even if its short ranged cause the camera will get stuck zoomed in on him if he gets nudged even a little bit by a character or the stage.

I apologize if these bugs were already mentioned Im having trouble connecting to this website I have to refresh the page 10 times just to connect or post anything

I'll look into these, thank you Smiley

I've been working on it on and off to give myself a break. Where as my life was 60% devoted to the build the 4-3 weeks until it's release, it's gone down to about 20%. I need to play some other games and go outside occasionally. That being said, I already fixed Megaman in my build, so I'll upload that asap. Thanks for reminding me. I need to find a stage replacement to Kingdom 2. And as for Pitoo, that doesn't happen to me... could that be a Dolphin issue? Much like Megaman crashing? As in Wii, he doesn't crash the game, he just  fires off a very messed up looking graphic.

As for Zack, I'll check him out. I don't know when it started happening, but he developed problems and I don't know why as I only attempted to do one thing with him and it didn't seem like it was working so I stopped. But I didn't think that would be the cause of other things like the FS messing up... ugh... I'll see what I can do.

I understand that you are hard at work with the next update and all, but do you have any progress on switching screens with the wiimote/nunchuck combo?

I do not. I don't know if I told this to you or someone else but that requires a coding change and unfortunately I'm not a coder. Our coding guy mentioned looking into it last time I talked to him, but other than that I have no further information. :/ Sorry, I know that's not the answer you want to hear but I really have no say in it at the moment.

But I'll give you guys something to think about for now in relation to the future of the build:

I'm planning 4 more combination characters. Keep in mind, there are limitations to what I can do when it comes to combo characters, but I think I can make some pretty fun things overall.

I'm also waiting for some new movesets that I'm aware of to be released, although it's not as detrimental as the previous release for me to do that, so don't worry about waiting for that.

What I am sort of short of are stages worth including. There are tons of nice stages on the Vault, but if you've ever just gone through the entire stage section, you'll notice that there's a lot of recolors, spruce ups, and customs with a V1, V2, V3, V4 etc etc that make up the mighty 100+ pages. Plus I try to add stages with interesting geometry, epic feelings, or a fun/chaotic dynamic, so that the stage isn't just a FD clone (As I have a sort of formula for what types of stages I can add in are). Anywho, as far as stages go, I've got about 47 stages in the "4th page" section of my WIP files, with quite a few in a "maybe" folder that I'm sifting through. The next big release will depend on when I can put together a good 4th page. And I will Smiley

That's all I've got for now. I hope people like the ideas I come up with, I've got a few interesting ones that sort of hit me the other day once I had a breather, so I hope to incorporate those.

Anyway, I'll upload the new Megaman file. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Voltsage
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #669 on: July 30, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »

I really need help with this. I've been trying to ge tthe dang thing to work all day long. Basically, I use an original brawl disc, and a 16GB USB flash drive. I moved everything to the correct folders, and followed the 8GB instructions. No matter if I use Gecko, Riivolution, USB Loader GX, or Neogamma, it says that there are no codes in my codes folder. What's going on?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #670 on: July 30, 2015, 05:36:03 PM »

I really need help with this. I've been trying to ge tthe dang thing to work all day long. Basically, I use an original brawl disc, and a 16GB USB flash drive. I moved everything to the correct folders, and followed the 8GB instructions. No matter if I use Gecko, Riivolution, USB Loader GX, or Neogamma, it says that there are no codes in my codes folder. What's going on?

I don't use flashdrive. It's possible just based on that, that the method you're attempting is different an poetintially incompatible.

Voltsage
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #671 on: July 30, 2015, 06:07:56 PM »

I don't use flashdrive. It's possible just based on that, that the method you're attempting is different an poetintially incompatible.

Well, [censored]. Was really looking foward to using this at a party. I'll have to find something else and call everyone back. Thanks for telling me before I wasted more time.

spicergman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #672 on: July 30, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »

I'll look into these, thank you Smiley

I've been working on it on and off to give myself a break. Where as my life was 60% devoted to the build the 4-3 weeks until it's release, it's gone down to about 20%. I need to play some other games and go outside occasionally. That being said, I already fixed Megaman in my build, so I'll upload that asap. Thanks for reminding me. I need to find a stage replacement to Kingdom 2. And as for Pitoo, that doesn't happen to me... could that be a Dolphin issue? Much like Megaman crashing? As in Wii, he doesn't crash the game, he just  fires off a very messed up looking graphic.

As for Zack, I'll check him out. I don't know when it started happening, but he developed problems and I don't know why as I only attempted to do one thing with him and it didn't seem like it was working so I stopped. But I didn't think that would be the cause of other things like the FS messing up... ugh... I'll see what I can do.

I do not. I don't know if I told this to you or someone else but that requires a coding change and unfortunately I'm not a coder. Our coding guy mentioned looking into it last time I talked to him, but other than that I have no further information. :/ Sorry, I know that's not the answer you want to hear but I really have no say in it at the moment.

Its no problem but I do have a few questions.

Since Dante and Gyarados are absent is it safe to delete their fighter modules from the folder?

Is there a purpose to the "ay" folder in RSBE? I notice it contains what looks like copies of the original stages maybe slightly modified but do not appear on the menu.

How is Chrom's final smash suppose to work? His final swing will knock most opponents off the stage but only if they were standing in one place otherwise its easy to just walk out of his way after getting hit the first time.

Does Deadpool"s(the fighter) bullets have a texture on them? I noticed his bullets use random item textures. If he does "bang bang bang bang" it will randomly crash after the 20th or 60th time he does it.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:22:11 PM by spicergman » Logged

superben2008
    Mega Kitten

yay. i'm in BRAWL now.

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »

does that mega man patch fix the forward smash graphic on wii?

episodes of web series

----------
    photobucket name

superben_2007

Voltsage
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: July 30, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »

Great news! Brawl 4 All CAN be run from USB! ...Kind of. I ran it from Riivolution, the strap was there, the menu music was there, and deoxys and rioulu were there? I didn't do too much testing, but there are no custom characters or stages at all. But, i'll go ahead and think this is due to my own tinkering and screwing around. I'm going to wipe the USB and re set everything up, and tell you guys what happens. If it's not useful to you, someone else might find it and use the information.

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: