Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 439761 times)
TherealDarknes
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #705 on: August 16, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »

honestly am i just being stupid not knowing how to get this onto the wii i tried it and it tells me there are to many codes

medoli900
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #706 on: August 19, 2015, 01:28:22 AM »

I also use USB Loader GC to load my backup of SSBB. Brawl Minus works like a charm, but your mod also freeze for me when I choose Brawl.
One thing I've figured out is that if you are using a backup copy on a modded wii (basically, if you launch your ssbb off a USB or SD), that using the wiimote or gccontroller hooks work the best
What do you mean by using wiimote or gccontroller hooks? I use the gc controller for navigating in the menu.

Sparky56p
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #707 on: August 19, 2015, 03:20:27 AM »

honestly am i just being stupid not knowing how to get this onto the wii i tried it and it tells me there are to many codes

I'm not the smartest when it comes to softmodded Wii's but I do believe some loaders (typically older)  can only run up to so many lines,  might I suggest either updating your loader if it isn't the latest or trying a new one. If you're loading Brawl from a USB I found USB Loader GX did the trick for me and there are quite a few others people have recommended as well.  If you have a physical copy of the game then the Project M Loader hasn't let me down yet.  I'd just say experiment till you find one that suits you.

Somebody that is smarter in this area can correct me if I'm wrong,  I sure wouldn't mind xD

TherealDarknes
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #708 on: August 19, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »

how do i use project m loader i tried and cant figure it out im using the newest gekko and i tried just puting the full 8 gigs on a usb insted of an sd that cant take all of it but gekko does not recognise it

medoli900
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #709 on: August 19, 2015, 09:19:03 PM »

Okay, I got it to work. I used a 2 gb sd card that didn't contain any file on it. I surely could not uninstall properly Brawl Minus, causing the game to crash. What is the difference between each version (2 gb, 4gb and 8 gb)? I get that we can't use page 3-6 in the stage select screen on 2 gb. Is there some texture that are on lower resolution too?

Also, there is a graphical glitch with Chrom when you successfully do his side b.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:21:22 PM by medoli900 » Logged

Mariosminions
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #710 on: August 20, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »

I love this mod! However my GC controller broke and all I have now is a wii remote. Sad. Is there any way to get to pages 3=4 and 5-6 with a wii remote?

djantzen101
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #711 on: August 20, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

I also use USB Loader GC to load my backup of SSBB. Brawl Minus works like a charm, but your mod also freeze for me when I choose Brawl.What do you mean by using wiimote or gccontroller hooks? I use the gc controller for navigating in the menu.

Basically, when you go to the settings for the game, it has an area for you to select a hook for it to load, it's default is VBI, which seems to cause the game to freeze up, although it will sometimes go through when you select brawl. If you change that to gcgamepad (or something like that, might be gcpad) then it should load like a charm.

TherealDarknes
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #712 on: August 20, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »

ok what do i need for this to work how do i get it onto a usb or into the project m loader

spicergman
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2015, 10:27:38 PM »

Megaman and MegamanX have issues using the Beam Sword, MegamanX's foward smash and stationary A attack will only hit up to his fist. Classic Megaman's forward smash will only hit behind him but nowhere in front of him.
<a href="http://youtu.be/SJTDQqim2FY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/SJTDQqim2FY</a>

By the way if anyone is having crashes from Mr resetti's assist trophy try this fix added recently to Brawl Vault works for me on Dolphin.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209328

Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #714 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:49 AM »

Okay, so I'm not trying to be so involved with the thread right now, I'm more or less going back and forth between playing video games and working on Brawl related things, so thank you to everyone who's been helping answer questions on the thread. It means a lot, and it helps me stay focused since I'm trying not to make myself as readily available so that I can feel less guilty about not checking the thread (though I do respond to more urgent issues via pms)

Anyway, the point is, I've got some good news:

I added in 2 new combination characters today:

Riolu and Mega Lucario.

Mega Lucario borrows some PM moves, and so far that's his only different. He does not use all of the pm moves as I couldn't get them all to work (and I swear I'm becoming delirious from it) but he's got... 7 new moves, and all in all PM has 9 new moves, (so if someone who know what they're doing wants to attempt to give him the Super Aura Sphere be my guest, and I'm working on the up smash since it's... behaving very strange) and the moves that he shares with Lucario will be a little different once I most up to that stage, since right now I was focusing on adding the animations, getting new moves to work, and getting all of the cosmetics correct.

But the one I've wanted to work on for a while was Riolu. I updated the texture to look more Brawl like, though the way the Brawl texture is mapped right now does limit the amount of blur/fur effects I can apply, so the noise of the texture is dropped to make him look proper in game (though not ideal).

His concept is like Pichu in that he'll damage himself while performing certain attacks. He has 4 attacks that Lucario and Mega will not have, and they compliment what I think his playstyle will be like very well.

The thing about Pichu that always confused me is that damaging himself never really had a pay off. He felt like a gag character, and maybe that's what he's supposed to be, but in Riolu's case, it helps speed up the "highrisk/highreward" aspect of Lucario's playstyle. He's a smaller target, so he's harder to hit, some of his attacks do less damage than Lucario, 1 in particular is faster, but overall the way he works feels good with what I have right now.

This bumps the char count to 114.

I applied the Mr. Resetti Trophy fix in the build, I just hadn't released a patch yet, and Virus Zero will be replaced with Megaman Zero once everything is completed on the model.

In the stage department, I'd love to work on the 4th page, but I'm having some communication issues on my end as I can't get a hold of BrawlBoy, the coder. Once I speak with him, I can start the 4th page.

In general, I think I have to have tried just about every fruitful custom moveset on the Vault... which helps put how much I can put into Brawl 4 All into perspective. For instance: Not every combo character can be a fully original character. Characters like Jumpman and Demise, who play VERY differently than their counter parts are great and all, but with the clone engine I have all of the more complicated characters on their own slots.

Some going through all of the custom animations and attacks, I've compiled a list of plans I have in the future for combo characters, and so while they won't all be as different as "Demise" and "Jumpman" (Due to a lack of PSAs and animations existing) I will try my best to find a unique niche for them, and hopefully that'll be enough, as I tried to do with Mega Lucario and Riolu.

Anyway, I'm sure I have some spelling errors in the above passage, so forgive me, but I'm tired. I haven't gotten the best sleep the past few days, and I've got work tomorrow.

More cool things are coming, piece by piece.

Thanks for being patient. I will be taking a break once Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain comes out, but once my time with the game dies down I'll resume modding more attentively. If I can complete the 4th stage page in 10 days, then I'll do a mini update, I just need something sorted out with the coding. This is unlikely though.

Anyway, goodnight.

Post Merge: August 23, 2015, 10:49:32 PM
    Next combinations I'm going to do:

Captain Falcon:
    Black Shadow (A stitched together moveset that makes sense to me)
    Captain Falcon 64

Link:
    Biggoron Sword Link (He's got some great alternate attacks and is more decloned than Too and Young)
    Link 64 (Hopefully I can get him to work right...)

Marth:
    Mia (This will be the Lucina moveset V2 that came out a while ago. Or at least the pieces I can fit and get working correctly)
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:49:32 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

axldash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #715 on: August 25, 2015, 09:07:27 AM »

Hi i need a greater sd card for next update i have a 8gb sd but i dont know, maybe i need more space for the next rigth? and thanks a lot for little mac character maybe can you add a mii or palutena or wiifit trainer please all the new stage are great too!!!thnks a lot!!!

TherealDarknes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #716 on: August 25, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »

ok can some one give me a tutorial on how to install this so like what thing for the codes cause gekko wont work how to i use a usb to get it onto the wii

mire227
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #717 on: August 26, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »

hello please i have dolphin and how to install this  hack to 8gb on sd card 2gb  ? please for that http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

djantzen101
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #718 on: August 29, 2015, 01:20:56 AM »

ok can some one give me a tutorial on how to install this so like what thing for the codes cause gekko wont work how to i use a usb to get it onto the wii

I can try to upload a video tomorrow if you want showing how to do so, I'll post the link once it's up.

TherealDarknes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #719 on: August 29, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »

I can try to upload a video tomorrow if you want showing how to do so, I'll post the link once it's up.
    thank you so much i have been trying this for a while and i cant figure it out

Pages:  1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: