Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?
Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 57
Author Topic: Brawl 4 (build has been removed)  (Read 437487 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #765 on: December 05, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »

Well, for the time being I'm just sort of following the culture that the site officials have adopted in the recent events with PM's cancelling and the Nintendo situation.

So... we'll see what happens. Obviously I'm still working on things on my own time, I still had a lot of things made after my last release, and I finally have finalized the list of characters and who's getting replaced, so there's a lot of things I'm looking at and thinking about.

However, since my build did contain some things that certain PM members helped make, I just felt like it was the right thing to do for now. I don't want to be on any radars.

Other than that, I don't know what else to say. I guess in a way, I'm partially trying to adopt the same ideas as the site officials, and there's a part of me that is afraid for the time being. I know I'm NOT Project M and that my work doesn't have as big a fan base, but this decision has kept me comfortable and all I can say for now is that this is something I'm doing for now. :/

But like I said, I'm not gone. I'm essentially going to function at the pace of Brawl Vault. If the site's standards on PM 3.61 change then I'll go from there with my own decision. But for now, as someone who's put a lot of my life into this, and who was legitimately shook by the news, this is a measure I need to do for myself. I'll still post things in the thread, people can still ask for help or report bugs etc.

Just give me some time. I know you have all been patiently waiting for what I've got in store and what I included, but for the time being I need you all to wait for me and my personal feelings towards the situation.

You're all my friends, and a huge source of community for me. Just give me some time.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #766 on: December 05, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »

don't go with those crybabys, brawl4all is exponentially more interesting than pm itself at least imho and I was really expecting the new version. As i've said many times pm brought brawl hacking to fame, but it also killed it, and the vault NEEDS builds and things like brawl4all because it isnt a carbon edit of pm specially at these days that 80% of the new hacks are pm recolors (thats what I mean when I say pm killed brawl hacking)

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #767 on: December 05, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

As i've said many times pm brought brawl hacking to fame

lmao

It's quite the opposite, actually. PM would never exist or be nowhere close as to where it was nowadays if the Brawl hacking community hadn't already developed as much as it did by the time Project M was in it's early days.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #768 on: December 05, 2015, 11:01:59 PM »

I think you dont get my point, my point was that yes, brawl hacking already existed, but most of its fame is because of project m and its inclusion to tournaments and stuff

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #769 on: December 06, 2015, 12:42:46 AM »

That's what it seems to you, since you came to the scene really late.

The activity of the Brawl Hacking scene actually did DECREASE IN SIZE as time passed and Project M grew.

We had plenty of (very active) Brawl Hacking teams back in 2009~2011, and that was even before model importing was possible.

The members of these teams, including the old KC:MM hacking team (which was disbanded), after a while, either started losing interest for Brawl hacking, becoming too busy with real life to continue being active, or ended up inside the PMDT.

The biggest proof? Check the blog. Look at the end of 2009, early 2010. We had really close to, I [censored] you not, one blog post per day. That's around 30 posts a month. Nowadays, I struggle to find great hacks for my 3 monthly blog posts.

The way I see it, what actually brought fame to Brawl Hacking was Syntax Error, and the earlier modsets like Brawl Plus, Brawl Minus and Balanced Brawl.

Maybe we now have more people playing Hacked Brawl because P:M exists, but that fame isn't of Brawl Hacking. That fame is solely PM's. The big majority of people who play P:M only use it as it is, and some even don't consider it Hacked Brawl, but as a separate game entirely.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #770 on: December 06, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »

Maybe we now have more people playing Hacked Brawl because P:M exists, but that fame isn't of Brawl Hacking. That fame is solely PM's. The big majority of people who play P:M only use it as it is, and some even don't consider it Hacked Brawl, but as a separate game entirely.
    they wont consider it a hacked brawl, but it still is, and thats what im talking about. personally, when my imports got posted in fb by other people as fake "sm4sh leaks", I always saw people saying "dat pm" or something, and thats the proof I can give by my own hand.
    I knew about the older kitty corp thingy,but to be honest I wasnt really interested in brawl hacking until model importing became a reality, specially because texture/vertex edits never seemed that appealing to me (no ofense to anyone)

back on topic, I think putting KJP's brawl-friendly pm mew2/lucario would be pretty cute

Cyprus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #771 on: December 06, 2015, 09:15:21 PM »

I'm sorry for breaking the conversation you two are having, but I'm having a bit of a problem. When I do the button combinations for the other stage selection screens it never switches to them (Ex: Pressing X+Y then pressing b). Is there something I'm doing wrong or is that a bug or something?

Strange Matter
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #772 on: December 06, 2015, 10:59:28 PM »

I'm sorry for breaking the conversation you two are having, but I'm having a bit of a problem. When I do the button combinations for the other stage selection screens it never switches to them (Ex: Pressing X+Y then pressing b). Is there something I'm doing wrong or is that a bug or something?
    What type of controller are you using? It has to be a regular Gamecube controller in slot 1 for the code to function. WaveBirds don't work, at least not mine.

Cyprus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #773 on: December 07, 2015, 05:31:38 AM »

What type of controller are you using? It has to be a regular Gamecube controller in slot 1 for the code to function. WaveBirds don't work, at least not mine.
    Ah, that explains it then, I'm using a wavebird as well and it doesn't seem to work. I'll try my standard GC controller and if it still doesn't work, I shall be back.

TheGrimGoat
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #774 on: December 07, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »

Hey I've been into modding for brawl for a couple of years now, but I've always just used Project M. After seeing that Project M is done for I've been looking up other major mods for Brawl and this one caught my attention the most. Having this many characters to play with seems overwhelming and would be a lot of fun whenever me and my friends hang out. But now I see that he took the download off too. So my question is does anyone know where I can find a download for this pack?

Wakeeby
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #775 on: December 08, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »

Hey this looks cool! I just noticed this thing existed, and it looks cool, but I have two questions:
    A.: Is this thing still being worked on, beacause I can't find a download anywhere, and B.: How would you download it? Do you need Project M?

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 10:45:59 AM
    Well, for the time being I'm just sort of following the culture that the site officials have adopted in the recent events with PM's cancelling and the Nintendo situation.

So... we'll see what happens. Obviously I'm still working on things on my own time, I still had a lot of things made after my last release, and I finally have finalized the list of characters and who's getting replaced, so there's a lot of things I'm looking at and thinking about.

However, since my build did contain some things that certain PM members helped make, I just felt like it was the right thing to do for now. I don't want to be on any radars.

Other than that, I don't know what else to say. I guess in a way, I'm partially trying to adopt the same ideas as the site officials, and there's a part of me that is afraid for the time being. I know I'm NOT Project M and that my work doesn't have as big a fan base, but this decision has kept me comfortable and all I can say for now is that this is something I'm doing for now. :/

But like I said, I'm not gone. I'm essentially going to function at the pace of Brawl Vault. If the site's standards on PM 3.61 change then I'll go from there with my own decision. But for now, as someone who's put a lot of my life into this, and who was legitimately shook by the news, this is a measure I need to do for myself. I'll still post things in the thread, people can still ask for help or report bugs etc.

Just give me some time. I know you have all been patiently waiting for what I've got in store and what I included, but for the time being I need you all to wait for me and my personal feelings towards the situation.

You're all my friends, and a huge source of community for me. Just give me some time.

Oh... never mind. But last time I checked, Nintendo never took legal action against PM, nor did they even really say that PM had to stop. The real point is, as long as your just amazing mod never hits the mainstream tournament scene, you will be fine. Other mods on Brawl Vault are still having their links up, even some of them need PM to run. I think that you are fine, but it's your call, so go ahead.
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:46:00 AM by Wakeeby » Logged

spicergman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #776 on: December 09, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »

I know you still take feedback but I'm wondering if it would be easier on you if I simply report these bugs directly to the person who created it, do you have a list somewhere of who created each custom PSA so I can report it directly? If not that's fine I'm trying to list and track down each person responsible for each PSA just so I can check for updates to a custom PSA.

By the way for anyone only able to run this mod on Wii using projectm's loader and gets the menu music and stage music loop bug you'll have to use the 8gb method with "RSBE01RSBE-RSB2-RSB3" GCT.

Nobs4Lyf
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #777 on: December 10, 2015, 12:09:31 AM »

So how do I download it?

EDIT: Didn't see the latest updates...
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:11:33 AM by Nobs4Lyf » Logged

NESasary_Gamer
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #778 on: December 13, 2015, 12:17:03 PM »

Nebulon, what fighter folder is Dark Pit's/Pittoo's?

spicergman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #779 on: December 13, 2015, 09:25:58 PM »

Nebulon, what fighter folder is Dark Pit's/Pittoo's?
    hes in the private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\dragonite folder.

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: