Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: mewtwo creation feedback for future and hopfully present fans.....like it?!?  (Read 8387 times)
red skull fire
Advanced Kitten

i like to do data stuff :)

View Profile Awards
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:34:47 PM »

ok people i would like some feedback to see how you guys like my mewtwo creations Smiley if you dont like them tell me what you dont like and it might help me in the future Wink

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Kirby Dance comment below Kirby Dance\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:38:40 PM by red skull fire » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:39:52 AM »

The purple one is ok, but the red one is "OMG! Epic Swag! That was totally wicked!"  Happy Face

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »

1.) Way too many emotes.
    2.) The use of Kirby Dance and .
    3.) Obnoxious presentation.
    4.) Coming off as desperate.
    5.) Making a thread in the wrong section.
    6.) Mediocre recolors/vertexes.

You're kinda matching the requirements of the typical KCMM noob. And that's not a good thing.

I feel as your recolors are quite bad. You need consistent colors, not just some dark, edgy colors mixed together in obnoxious splotches. Also, get rid of the Sharingan eyes. They look absolutely horrible. And having "Death" written on your character's textures is just atrocious and super edgy. The colors look stretched and obscured, and the vertex work on the armored Mewtwo is just unpleasant to look at, especially the tail.

Not to mention the red and black combination is very generic and cliche in edgy Brawl mods. It also looks bad if not dome right.

But if you really want red and black, I would suggest making the coloring consistent. Ex: Make the underbelly + tail a faint red and make the body a faint black.

"OMG! Epic Swag!"
    You just hit the bottom of the barrel there. Any sense of credibility you had has been lost.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »

I feel as your recolors are quite bad. You need consistent colors, not just some dark, edgy colors mixed together in obnoxious splotches. Also, get rid of the Sharingan eyes. They look absolutely horrible. And having "Death" written on your character's textures is just atrocious and super edgy. The colors look stretched and obscured, and the vertex work on the armored Mewtwo is just unpleasant to look at, especially the tail.
    Not to mention the red and black combination is very generic and cliche in edgy Brawl mods. It also looks bad if not dome right.
    But if you really want red and black, I would suggest making the coloring consistent. Ex: Make the underbelly + tail a faint red and make the body a faint black.

You just hit the bottom of the barrel there. Any sense of credibility you had has been lost.

No, that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled to. Just like what you said is your opinion. Smiley

P.S. I agree with you on that he could tone down the emotes a bit, but General Hacking Discussion fits the title and what not. Also, they're not mediocre, they're mediocre to you. Mediocre doesn't exist in art; it's just your interpretation of the artist's work that defines the "mediocre", but since it's open to opinion, there is no "mediocre".

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »

Since it's just recolors, the thread would go under the Textures section.

I highly disagree with your statement, but let's agree to disagree, as this argument would go nowhere.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

red skull fire
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »

hey dream land lol i actually am a noob Wink so thats pretty accurate for you to say lol HOWEVER....it would have looked way better if i could have gotten it to work in blender....for some reason my brawl box dont like to except obj files from it.....when i put it in there it just takes his helmet and throws it on the ground XD lol....also the second one is actually a model because of the changes i made so it kindly is both........i will probably improve on both of them and make new ones.....but until i figure out how to add to both of them in blender instead of brawl box they are not gonna look to professional....plus i done these in like a 2 minute job Wink lol so theyre not super complete yet. thats the reason im asking for advice lol  Happy Face

edit: also do you guys know how to create more vertices in brawl boxes preview mode....that would probably fix my probelm.....then i could have more apendeges coming from his head lol  Grin

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:08:09 PM by red skull fire » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »

Since it's just recolors, the thread would go under the Textures section.

I highly disagree with your statement, but let's agree to disagree, as this argument would go nowhere.

I already did agree to disagree in my statement above, lolz. Cheesy
    (Also, they aren't just recolors, they're vertexes of P:M's models, which you even mentioned. Wink )

hey dream land lol i actually am a noob Wink so thats pretty accurate for you to say lol HOWEVER....it would have looked way better if i could have gotten it to work in blender....for some reason my brawl box dont like to except obj files from it.....when i put it in there it just takes his helmet and throws it on the ground XD lol....also the second one is actually a model because of the changes i made so it kindly is both........i will probably improve on both of them and make new ones.....but until i figure out how to add to both of them in blender instead of brawl box they are not gonna look to professional....plus i done these in like a 2 minute job Wink lol so theyre not super complete yet. thats the reason im asking for advice lol  Happy Face

edit: also do you guys know how to create more vertices in brawl boxes preview mode....that would probably fix my probelm.....then i could have more apendeges coming from his head lol  Grin

If you want tips, I'd say that this one

would be awesome if it had more contrast, and maybe even brighter colors as well, all around. As for the vertex job, there really isn't much difference between that and the original P:M MewTwo, so I'd say just keep that model. Shocked
    Btw, if you want tips on vertexing, you can use the Das Donkey method to vertex in Blender, cause in Blender, you can push/pull and fat/shrinken groups of vertices to vertex a model to have parts be a different thickness then they were.

red skull fire
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »

I already did agree to disagree in my statement above, lolz. Cheesy (Also, they aren't just recolors, they're vertexes of P:M's models, which you even mentioned. Wink ) If you want tips, I'd say that this one would be awesome if it had more contrast, and maybe even brighter colors as well, all around. As for the vertex job, there really isn't much difference between that and the original P:M MewTwo, so I'd say just keep that model. Shocked Btw, if you want tips on vertexing, you can use the Das Donkey method to vertex in Blender, cause in Blender, you can push/pull and fat/shrinken groups of vertices to vertex a model to have parts be a different thickness then they were.

thanks Smiley

Post Merge: October 11, 2014, 10:37:01 AM
    ugg das donkey is pissing me off.....it keeps saying something is missing and then tells me there is no java runtime when there is......wow
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:37:01 AM by red skull fire » Logged

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »

You want a REAL tip?

Get someone to move this thread to this section of the board.

Also, there's a Helpdesk for any questions you might have in regards to hacking.

No, that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled to. Just like what you said is your opinion. Smiley

Props for dismissing someone with infinitely more expertise than you with the 'opinion' card. I'm sure you have SO much more knowledge than him.

General Hacking Discussion fits the title and what not.

No, it doesn't. It really, really doesn't.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »

Props for dismissing someone with infinitely more expertise than you with the 'opinion' card. I'm sure you have SO much more knowledge than him.
    No, it doesn't. It really, really doesn't.

Except that that was only my opinion on whether or not I liked the model, not my opinion on whether or not it was good.
    And yes, it does, it really does, as this was supposed to be giving the guy feedback, telling him how good his textures were, and how he could get them better, while still showcasing them, but you guys ended up going off-topic and belittling him rather than offering constructive criticism. You're doing the same thing to him as some other people did to me in my "Introduction", which caused those people to get in trouble because Albafika saw that it was wrong. I suggest that you change how you act to people and respect them; feel free to ask a Global Mod about this. -_-

EDIT: P.S. To the actual person who started the thread-This probably should be moved to Project Concepts now, or the Art Center. One of those would probably be more appropriate than the General Hacking Discussion.

Post Merge: October 16, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
    ugg das donkey is pissing me off.....it keeps saying something is missing and then tells me there is no java runtime when there is......wow

I forgot to say: The tutorial on Das Donkey screwed up, and forgot to mention a detail; I wrote the details that weren't there here, as well as most of the steps(Method 1): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=68657 (I still haven't gotten the exporting objects and importing onto others to work yet, but the vertexing works great.)
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:43:11 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

red skull fire
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »

i really dont know how to move it.....lol X) sorry ima noob lol
    also if a mod sees this please move this post if it needs to be moved....even if it fits i would like it to where others can see it.

ps. hurray the site is back up !:)
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:33:03 PM by red skull fire » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 09:49:59 PM »

i really dont know how to move it.....lol X) sorry ima noob lol
    also if a mod sees this please move this post if it needs to be moved....even if it fits i would like it to where others can see it.

ps. hurray the site is back up !:)

In Blender, to move the vertexes, right click on the vertex(es) you want to move(You can select multiple by holding Ctrl and drawing around the vertices to selct; you can also hold Shift while right-clicking to select other vertices), and move them in various ways; if you would like to know specifics on how to move them in a specific way(i.e. rotation, basic transformation, etc.), you can PM me or go here for tutorials on what to do.

red skull fire
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 10:01:07 AM »

In Blender, to move the vertexes, right click on the vertex(es) you want to move(You can select multiple by holding Ctrl and drawing around the vertices to selct; you can also hold Shift while right-clicking to select other vertices), and move them in various ways; if you would like to know specifics on how to move them in a specific way(i.e. rotation, basic transformation, etc.), you can PM me or go here for tutorials on what to do.

no i meant the post lol Smiley ive had some experiance with blender before i took a class in high school for 3d art........im having trouble with das donkey tho so i cant use that method

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »

no i meant the post lol Smiley ive had some experiance with blender before i took a class in high school for 3d art........im having trouble with das donkey tho so i cant use that method

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you, lol Smiley
    I have no clue on how to do that, but you can always manually do it by removing/locking this topic, and then making a new topic in the new board. You'll lose the posts from the original topic, but you can always in the original post add a spoiler containing quotations from this topic. Wink

red skull fire
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

aww thats alot of trouble Sad well oh well i guess this is gonna have to stay and yay i got das donkey to work lol !! : Happy Face i just went into my computer and pulled the msvcr100.dll into the same file ....i guess they forgot to include one XD also for some reason the arrows in blender dont work lol i dont know why so i just use the views to do it with lol ps. also thanks for your help windhunter7.......and all you mean people who said hurtful things to my mew twos lol  Cry...... Happy Face but seriously i apreaciate your opinions Smiley without haters I woulnt see things to be hated about my own work...and imrpove Wink
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:10:18 PM by red skull fire » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: