Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help wanted with installing this character mod/texture  (Read 1313 times)
unclechairman
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »

I am new to the prospects of Brawl hacking and modding, and I am utterly befuddled at how to properly install this character mod. I used the Complete N00bs guide, and it helped me install the Homebrew channel on my Wii. I followed each step to a T, except in instances where I was given a link to download something essential. Since most of these links were broken, I downloaded the versions of these items from their pages on wiibrew.org. I noticed that these were slightly different from how the guide described them. Most notably, I had no /pf/ folder, only a /st/ folder. My Wii menu is at version 4.3, so I could not use BannerBomb, and used SmashStack instead. I managed to get around this once I found that Project M had these folders, so I settled on using the codes with Project M. With Project M, I managed to get the texture and character hacks in by replacing the files in Marth's fighter folder with the hack's files, but I have reached a major roadblock; I can't get the SFX to work. I tried simply putting the files in the sfx folder, but that did not work. I use Gecko OS, and I heard it does not support SFX hacking, so I downloaded Riivolution v 1.06, but am wary of using it since I am not sure how to make it work with Project M, and also because when I tested Riivolution on Brawl (normal) without any codes, the Wii froze when I selected a stage. But if I cannot use SFX hacks with Gecko OS, I will switch to Riivolution.

I am wondering how I will replace Marth's sound affects. The download came with premade .sawnd files (and a text document) but they were named differently than what I am trying to replace. Further complicating the issue is that I do not know which files contain Marth's dialogue. I tried looking at a few tutorials, but these seem to be teaching how to create new SFX in new .sawnd files, when I simply want to replace them. I have downloaded both sawnd v012 and Super Sawnd and have the smashbros_sound.brsar file, but am not sure where to put it, since I'm almost certain I don't put it in the Project M /pf/ folders.

My SD card has 1 GB of space. The hack I'm referring to is here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35848

JesucristoCROW
Mega Kitten

Are you speaking to La Bello?

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 01:39:56 AM »

Project M does not work with the smashbros_sound.brsar, you need to create a Sawnd File and put it on the SXF folder

unclechairman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »

I'm actually not sure if I need the smashbros_sound.brsar, since the mod came with .sawnd files already made for the character. My question is how do I get them in the game?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: