Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: how stages work?  (Read 5083 times)
UltimaNylocke
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »

So what I do is, go to Lakora, put Base .REL as Final Destination and To Replace (w/e), then put the .rel in the folder, and put the STGCUSTOM1D.pac in the stages folder and rename it to match (w/e)? Got it. Now, I read the mentioning of a stage expansion code so naturally I googled it and found a dl link on Smashboards, and I have no idea what any of it means. (I'm new to like everything sry Tongue) so http://prntscr.com/51srm0 I got all this and I don't know what to do with it nor do I know if I can use the stage expansion code for 36 stages without having 36 stages (like if I want to use the 36 stage code and only put like 20 stages).

Hacks I'm waiting for:
-Chie over Zero Suit Samus
-Kurapika over Roy
-Oblivion Hooded Roxas over Roy
-Windy Hill Zone Omega (Stage)

!sadclaps DREAMS DON'T DIE

Ricky (Br3)
KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 07:30:10 PM »

So what I do is, go to Lakora, put Base .REL as Final Destination and To Replace (w/e), then put the .rel in the folder, and put the STGCUSTOM1D.pac in the stages folder and rename it to match (w/e)? Got it.

Exactly. That's how you port stages.

Now, I read the mentioning of a stage expansion code so naturally I googled it and found a dl link on Smashboards, and I have no idea what any of it means. (I'm new to like everything sry Tongue) so http://prntscr.com/51srm0 I got all this and I don't know what to do with it nor do I know if I can use the stage expansion code for 36 stages without having 36 stages (like if I want to use the 36 stage code and only put like 20 stages).

The Stage Expansion adds a number of extra stages, that you can add without replacing any.
    You should read as much as you can about it before trying it out, as you could do something wrong.

As far as I remember, all you need to do is add the proper code to the GCT you're using and use an edited sc_selmap for the expansion. If it's Project M, it'll be a little more troublesome. After all, I'm not sure if the Stage Expansion Project M GCT is up to date with the current Project M version.

I suggest you make another Help thread asking for tips (or maybe just asking for the needed files, I'm sure someone has them set already).

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

UltimaNylocke
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »

I think I'm gonna wait for version 3.5 to mess around with the Stage Expansion Code, thanks for the help guys!

Hacks I'm waiting for:
    -Chie over Zero Suit Samus
    -Kurapika over Roy
    -Oblivion Hooded Roxas over Roy
    -Windy Hill Zone Omega (Stage)

!sadclaps DREAMS DON'T DIE

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: