Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to install a Save Game FIle?  (Read 5519 times)
Persona-Aya
Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »

Hello everyone!

So I'm attempting to load an 100% save file for Brawl onto my wii, as I don't really want to go through the process of unlocking all the music files again (Using a new version of the game - switched from RSBP to RSBE), but don't really know how to go about this. I downloaded a file from wiisaves that contained the following files:

ADVSVO.bin
ADVSV1.bin
AUTOSV0.bin
AUTOSV1.bin
BANNER.bin
COLLECT.VFF
FILELIST.DAT
NET0.bin
NET1.bin
WC24PUBK.MOD

I also downloaded SaveManager GX and have that working fine from the homebrew channel.

So my question is, what do I do with these files, and how do I use SaveManager GX to make the new save? Like I'm not sure if I need to edit the files I downloaded in any way, or where to put them on the sd card, or which files are needed, or what the hell I'm doing with it all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kirby Dance

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Makarew
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »

This[url=http://explains the files, or use [url=http://wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=1916]this] explains the files, or use [url=http://wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=1916]this save.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:18:22 PM »

Thanks Makarew, but I don't think this is going to do the trick.

The download for the program the guy uses is on megaupload, which doesn't work, and the guide was for swapping the region saves, rather then just getting a new NTSC save to replace the one I've already got. But I know what all the files are for specifically now so I've got one idea left, and if it doesn't work I think I'm gonna just do it the old fashioned way (playing through the game again, as there doesn't seem to be a code to just unlock all music, and I find the unlock codes tend to crash my game a lot after they've been used)

But thank you anyway!

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »

Sorry, somehow my post got messed up. This save should work.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:33:54 PM »

If that doesn't work, try downloading this and place it in your SD, go to the SD channel on your Wii, and copy the save file to your Wii. No homebrew necessary at all.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »

Thanks a lot guys, but I decided to do it the old fashion way and play through the game normally. It's actually been proving quite fun so I'm gonna stick with it. And besides, I think it's just my Wii - never been able to do the SD save moving in my Wii like Gravity mentioned, which is a pain but I can live.

Thanks anyway though - really appreciate it!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »

Glad you found a solution regardless

This thread will now be locked, if you decide you need help again please PM me and I can unlock it for you.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: