Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Smash Bros. Legacy M 3.6  (Read 6890 times)
davidvkimball
Advanced Kitten

Former Legacy TE Lead

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: November 10, 2014, 05:14:59 PM »

TRAILER

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYtQIJAbq1I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYtQIJAbq1I</a>

What is Smash Bros. Legacy M? Primary Goal: bring the finest Nintendo-related mods and music to one finely-crafted build without compromising a competitive Project M experience. This means all gameplay mechanics and tournament-legal stages are untouched, while additional content has been added. We think you'll love it.

So what's in it? So far, we've gathered a whopping 90+ new stages (including secret stages), 90+ new character skins, and have put together over 120+ music tracks. Alternate costumes are chosen conservatively - we only included skins that we really loved, and weren't completely untrue to the character. Every character on the roster at least has one special costume.

Is this build competitively sound? Yes. Both the physics engine and tournament-legal stages are untouched.

Any "outside" material? The 3rd party content we included we chose carefully and still consider their inclusion to fit the mood of Super Smash Bros. The stages from Bayonetta and Kingdom Hearts remain in this build, as well as a classic Banjo-Kazooie stage.

Will this build freeze on the My Music menu like some of the other mods? Only if you select an expansion stage slot. But don't worry - we've made it very clear in the UI and on the menu which stage not to choose. No need to fret!

Is this build done? With it being a 1.0 version and all, how could it be? I plan on releasing more updates to this build down the road. A few goals: continue to improve the UI by adding high quality and unique character portraits. Every single skin has a CSS portrait, a battle portrait, a stock icon, and a result portrait. Remove anything that significantly detracts from keeping this build competitively viable. Essentially, the ongoing aim with every update will be to deliver consistency and stability (tweaking UI, bug fixes, other improvements).

Are you open to suggestions? Most certainly. I'm all ears!

Recent Changes:

11-3-14 12:00AM - Build 0.2 Launch
    11-4-14 10:00PM - Added 0.2 Homebrew version
    10-31-15 1:35AM - Build 1.0 Launch
    10-31-15 1:23PM - Added 1.0 sd.raw file for Dolphin

Goals:

• Remain competitively viable
    • Standardize portraits and stock icons (same pose, or at least as few different poses as possible)
    • Recreate stage selection HUD to be even clearer
    • Create addons to this build in "DLC" packs (new music packs, themed costume packs, etc.)
    • Find creative ways to add secrets like Easter eggs (makes it more fun!)
    Known issues

• Some game series icons don't match the corresponding stages  FIXED in Build 1.0.
    • Some of the stage titles don't match up with the stage on Random Stage Selection Screen FIXED in Build 1.0.
    • Some music tracks are a either too quiet or too loud. FIXED in Build 1.0.
    • A few BPs aren't matched correctly to their corresponding skins. FIXED in Build 1.0.
    • Game will freeze if you choose "DON'T PRESS A" stages in the My Music menu.
    Instructions:

Materials needed:

• 2GB non-SDHC SD card
    • Nintendo Wii (or Wii U) and one Wii Remote
    • A copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Instructions (hackless):

• Run Brawl and be sure that you have deleted any and all custom stages.
    • Format your SD card and be sure it's formatted to FAT32.
    • Simply extract the folders from the zip file provided in the download, and place them in the root of your SD card (in other words copy and paste the files from your PC to the card).
    • After inserting your SD card into your Wii, launch Brawl, and go to Stage Builder. If done correctly, the screen should freak out for a second, and then you should get to a screen that looks like this:

• From here select play, wait for a bit, and Smash Bros. Legacy Project M should launch from there.
    [Update:] Some users are reported that it says the SD card doesn't have enough room. If this is the case, try reformatting in FAT32 and trying again. If that still doesn't work, refer to project/pf/sound/strm/_COMPLETE SONG LIST.txt and delete some songs.
    If the game's audio sounds strange, try reformatting your SD card.
    If the game freezes, make sure your SD card is unlocked, and double-check to make sure it is a 2GB non-SDHC card.
    Also, make sure before you attempt to launch PM that every single custom stage is deleted from Brawl and your SD card.

Please read the SmashBoards post for more details and up-to-date information.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:19:36 PM by davidvkimball » Logged

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »

I don't know if you will be able to do so, but I recomend you to learn how to PSA and edit the characters' PSAs  so they aren't 100% PM's. That would increase the people's interest for this project and that would make it different to the dozens of PM edits out there.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »

I like what's going on here, and my friends are enjoying it as well. Tongue

Something I noticed. Why are Roy's stock icons at the results screen Wario?

davidvkimball
    Advanced Kitten

Former Legacy TE Lead

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:26:01 PM »

I don't know if you will be able to do so, but I recomend you to learn how to PSA and edit the characters' PSAs  so they aren't 100% PM's. That would increase the people's interest for this project and that would make it different to the dozens of PM edits out there.

That's not something I plan to do, but thanks for the recommendation!

I like what's going on here, and my friends are enjoying it as well. Tongue

Something I noticed. Why are Roy's stock icons at the results screen Wario?

I didn't notice that...well anyway, to both of you: I've updated the build for 3.6, hope you enjoy it! Check out the new trailer if you haven't already! (version 1.1 already in the works)

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: