Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stoney's House of Rock (4/22/2010: Super Mario Galaxy)  (Read 3121 times)
Stoney
Advanced Kitten

ROCK LOVES YOU

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 17, 2010, 11:36:48 AM »

Important Notice:

All of my BRSTM's are seamless. Do you walk around with your shirt and pants inside-out? No, because the seams show and they are ugly. Many songs on Smashboards don't bother to hide the seams at all; they wait until the song has come to its natural conclusion and faded out before looping back to the song's beginning. This leaves conspicuous gaps of silence between the song's end and beginning, which can be a distraction during Brawl matches. It is a bad practice, I am tired of it, I bet YOU'RE tired of it, and if I hear any more songs that I enjoy get treated this way over there, I will remove the seam and submit the song here.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of Brawlers For Musical Excellence. We will now return you to your regularly-scheduled program.

So what's this thread about?

By this point, every video game BGM under the sun has been looped into a BRSTM and released, either here or at Smashboards. But what about the wonderful world of Remixes? Every day, musicians with unparalleled creative talent are constantly re-envisioning your favorite video game songs and then releasing them to the internet for free. Sometimes you can hear a song you liked be interpreted in a new and interesting way; other times a song you hated winds up sounding pretty cool with some tweaks and alterations.

Remixes can run the entire musical gamut of genres, but in case you couldn't tell from the thread title, I enjoy one genre in particular. Whether it is Classic, Alternative, Punk, New Age, Electronica, or Metal, I love Rock (and it loves you). It won't be my exclusive focus in this thread, since I also like other genres, but I feel rock in its many permutations is an excellent fit for a fighting game like Brawl.

So grab your axe and bust a riff, ladies and gentlemen, 'cause I built this house on rock and roll.

4/22/2010: Super Mario Galaxy

4/21/2010: Star Wars

4/20/2010: Sonic Tuesday

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Rush

4/19/2010: Super Mario 64

4/18/2010: Miscellaneous

4/17/2010: Chrono Trigger

4/9/2010: Mega Man ZX

4/6/2010: Miscellaneous

4/5/2010: Mario Kart

4/4/2010: Hatsune Miku / EarthBound

4/2/2010: Mega Man X

4/1/2010: April Fools!

3/31/2010: Zelda (Ocarina of Time)

3/30/2010: Super Mario Galaxy

3/29/2010: Sonic CD / Zelda (Wind Waker)
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:25:36 PM by Stoney » Logged

Stoney
    Advanced Kitten

ROCK LOVES YOU

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »

Reserving the hell out of this post.

Elucifur
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »

I absolutely love the Mario Kart Love Song, but it's a little too quiet in game... and I don't want to adjust the sound effects/music ratio just for one song.

Is there a way to make it a bit louder?

Stoney
    Advanced Kitten

ROCK LOVES YOU

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »

Ugh. I completely forgot about the sound problem. Or rather, I remembered it, but didn't want to make the songs constantly clip by raising their volume.

Yeah, I'll upload a fixed version in a little while. And then I'll go through the rest of my songs and see which of them need volume enhancement too.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »

Stoney's House of Rock:

Now with 100% more orchestration. :< *SMACKED*

This is pretty awesome. Nice work Stoney. :3 Though just so I can be...well, me. XD

Many songs on Smashboards don't bother to hide the seams at all; they wait until the song has come to its natural conclusion and faded out before looping back to the song's beginning. This leaves conspicuous gaps of silence between the song's end and beginning, which can be a distraction during Brawl matches. It is a bad practice, I am tired of it, I bet YOU'RE tired of it

Nope, not at all honestly. I'm a huge Guilty Gear fan, so I'm used to it. If anything I likes it. ¦3

Raiuken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:07:24 AM »

These songs are great dude. Nice selection. Good vocals if any.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: