Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK What even...!?  (Read 3960 times)
Fr0st3h
Intermediate Kitten

really confused

View Profile Awards
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »

alright so i've had issues with my sd card before but this is plain weird to me.
so my modded brawl just starts freaking out on me whenever it loads any more than the menu.
i dont know why this happens but I didnt have access to my card for a few days and while no files are changed, my Fighter/Marth and Fighter/Metaknight files got corrupted which i again have no idea how it happened, so i already tried everything i could to delete them (obviously with no success) and instead decided to make a backup of all working files and replace the corrupted ones in this backup. next i formatted my sd card and put the backup on it but same as before when i selected anyone with a custom psa the wii froze on me.
basically looking for help because this confuses me and i have nothing else to do atm.

(also sorry if its posted in the wrong section(not too good with forums))

Roy935
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »

You just said your answer, its the custom psa.

Fr0st3h
Intermediate Kitten

really confused

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 01:32:19 PM »

Just tried it without actually and it still did it, same with all other psa's and skins
Edit: (just to clarify) used the psa and skins before and they worked fine
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:08:52 PM by Fr0st3h » Logged

Roy935
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »

Then a file you put in must be to big, like if you changed a picture in the css without the picture being 160x128 then it freezes, something might be to big of a file.

Rosetta-Hime
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »

When does the game freeze? As soon as you select the character, or go to the Stage Selection Screen, or when you choose a stage? Also, how are you running hacks? Hackless, Homebrew, Riivolution,etc.?

Fr0st3h
    Intermediate Kitten

really confused

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »

To Roy935: i don't use chracter portrite hacks
    and
    To Pichi-Hime: the game freezes right when i pick the character the custom menu and music work fine so i believe it has to do with the fighter hacks though i'll probably check if the code is still correct(i dno maybe got auto-changed somehow) so my current assumption/theory is that the corrupt folders might have a lasting effect on the card itself (not sure really)

also i use gecko 1.9 and all hacks as they are worked perfectly fine before whatever happened where i couldnt use it (the sd card isnt physically damaged either)

Roy935
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »

Let  Pichi-Hime help you, Im terrible at helping people XD

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »

alright so i've had issues with my sd card before but this is plain weird to me.
    so my modded brawl just starts freaking out on me whenever it loads any more than the menu.
    i dont know why this happens but I didnt have access to my card for a few days and while no files are changed, my Fighter/Marth and Fighter/Metaknight files got corrupted which i again have no idea how it happened, so i already tried everything i could to delete them (obviously with no success) and instead decided to make a backup of all working files and replace the corrupted ones in this backup. next i formatted my sd card and put the backup on it but same as before when i selected anyone with a custom psa the wii froze on me.
    basically looking for help because this confuses me and i have nothing else to do atm.

(also sorry if its posted in the wrong section(not too good with forums))
    well this happened to me tons and tons of times Tongue
    ill tell you everything i did to fix it (because each time was something different :´v)

-Do you always pick the same character when it freezes? if you do, theres the problem..
    -Maybe its not the fighter files, maybe the gct got corrupted, try to make a new one
    -Try with another SD card
    -Sometimes the SD lock thing stucks in between locked and unlocked when you insert it on your wii, causing the hacks wont load correctly or freezes at some random point.

-Try using hacked brawl with one mod (could be a single texture,psa,etc) this could tell you wheres the problem, since it could be the lack of .pac files or maybe something got renamed, or maybe its the psa youre using, or if youre making your own hack maybe you´ve exceeded the filesize limit, etc.

-Try using your hacks in riivolution (this fixed all my problems since gecko was the one causing random freezes, also corrupted my music even without hacks Undecided )

I hope this helps.

Fr0st3h
    Intermediate Kitten

really confused

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »

thanks anivernage, im gonna try this as soon as possible also another thing if forgot to mention is that while creating the backup it never moved the files if either of the corrupt folders were selected.

okay so i do always select the same character so i think im gonna try it once completely without and then as you said with one hack and then normally again.

will also try replacing the gct

as for using another sd card i only have one and they dont sell them in my area anymore
    and i doubt the lock is any problem but ill check it out anyways

as for riivolution i would need some help on how to install and use it

Post Merge: December 15, 2014, 04:12:07 AM
    Okay thanks to you people my problem has been resolved
    except now theres still the problem that i soometimes get a message saying "the files properties can't be transferred" :/
    « Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:12:07 AM by Fr0st3h » Logged

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »

One time, my SD card broke and I couldn't use it. Like, at all. I tried EVERYTHING! I ended up just having to buy a new one and that may be the case for you as well.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: