Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character Imports  (Read 2310 times)
Kaiser
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »

I am somewhat skilled at hacking brawl.  The most i can do is putting custom characters in through folders (I am not skilled at BrawlBox and CSS & CSP hacking).  I already have put in 4 or 5 characters in my version of Brawl. (I use Project M as well).  I have a problem though.  I would like to know if it is possible to take up ONE character slot, using TWO custom characters.(In my case, Ike) I am doing this so that i could still keep Marth.  I have Shulk over Marth as of now, but my friend wants to use Marth still.

What i mean by this is:
Can i use this Shulk as one skin: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203267
And this Cloud as another: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5371
While this is all on Ike.
Is this possible, and if so, how would i go about this? 
If not possible, is there another Marth import i can put on another character?  Or another Shulk i can put on a character besides Ike?

Thanks in advance.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »

Yes, as they are both Ike skins. With skins(Also known as palettes) in Brawl, each character(i.e. Mario, Link, Kirby, etc.) has 6 palettes total,(For most of the characters; some, like the Pokemon, have less, and one or two, like Wario, have more.) and each "FitCHARACTERNAME0x.pac/.pcs" replaces one of those specific palettes(i.e. If you named the Shulk skin "FitIke01", it would replace the red Ike.) and the palettes are usually as follows:
    00: Default
    01: Red
    02: Green
    03: Blue
    04: Black
    05: White
    06: Purple

Also, from when I had recolored a Ghirahim mod that another guy made, I noticed that his original was named "FitIke00", but I tested it as "FitMarth00" and it worked fine, so I dunno if that was because of a major type or something, or if Marth and Ike really do have interchangeable files. But ordinarily, you have to port characters to put them on other characters, though I have no clue how to do this.

P.S. Mr. Game & Watch is an exception to the above rule, as all of his palettes are in the one "FitGameWatch00.pac/.pcs".
    Also, the animation files and other files(Every single file that goes in the same folder that isn't named,"FitCharacterName0x.pac/.pcs", where 'x' is the palette number, which show up in-game as things like the Final Smash, the character animations, and lots of other things) only have one per character, so to have a single character(Not palette, but character) have more than one animation set, you must use something like BrawlEx.

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »

What was said is true, but I would recommend using BrawlEx as you don't have to share a slot.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Kaiser
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »

Thanks for the help.  So i can put in the Cloud one as "FitIke00" and put Shulk as "FitIke01" and it will work ingame if i choose the corresponding color?  I have one question though.  How would i make them have different movesets? Is the moveset defaultly put into each individual .pcs/.pac by itself?  I thought the "MotionEtc" file decided the movesets; and i can only have one "MotionEtc" file per folder.  Please help me.

Also, will BrawlEX work with custom characters from Project M such as Mewtwo? Like could i put his files into BrawlEX?  Or can i insert any character into it?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »

Yes, and the "FitIke01" would be the red one. Yep. Smiley

In response to your question, the movesets are separate files from the palettes, and there are 2: FitCharacterName.pac andFitCharacterNameMotionEtc.pac; all of the palettes run off of these same movesets, so in order to change movesets for specific costumes, you would have to use a program like BrawlEx to duplicate a character and then put the moveset on that specific character. And I'm pretty sure any character should work, including MewTwo; if not, that's what forums are for. Wink

Kaiser
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 03:31:47 PM »

Thanks for the quick response, as i am working on it right now. 

So if i wanted them to have seperate movesets/final smashes, i would need to get BrawlEx?

And then, i look up tutorials if i cant figure it out and just start inserting the characters?

I only have a 1GB SD card, so will i have enough space to use BrawlEX?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »

Or another program that can clone/create other character slots, or somehow recoding that part of Brawl; but BrawlEx is the most known one on the forums, though you may encounter problems with it, which is typical, so I'm sure that with so many people on here, someone most likely knows it.

Probably enough space; BrawlEx probably isn't big.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: