Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mods no longer working after switching SD cards  (Read 3790 times)
MrUnusual
Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: December 17, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »

Hi everyone, for those of you who don't know, my name is Julian, I am a texture editor in the Brawl Vault. So my mods/ hacks were working fine, but after switching my 2GB SD Card with an 8GB SD card (so that I can fit more mods), most of my mods aren't working. Now, some of the codes work, like, the game recognizes the Ocarina codes that include "Unrestricted Pause Camera", a partial of the BrawlEx code showing that I have 2 extra character slots on the character select (That were Mewtwo and Roy), but those have been replaced with "Random" icons, cBliss no longer works as going to a slot beyond the normal numbers (for example, Mario's 7th slot) freezes the game. When going the stage select and to the Melee/64 Expansion stages, all of those stages have a Hannebow Icon and some have a silent freeze while some surprisingly still work, I tried copying over backup of the mods I had from a generic sd card (sd.raw file) I had on my computer and making sure the sc_character.pac in the menu2 folder had all of the correct icons and stuff in it as ell as also checking the common5.pac, nothing wrong there. Are the mods just not supported by an 8GB SD card? Should a just get a new 2GB SD Card and try again on there? (I god rid of the old 2GB SD Card I had)

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »

I do believe that most of the time, a 2 GB card or under is required, as the SD card tricks the Wii into thinking the SD card is the game's cd, and so, having too much space might confuse it, or the Wii might simply not have high enough of a processor to run that much info all at once.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:40:29 AM »

Welp, I'm gonna have to get that 2GB SD Card back, I used it to mod a friend's wii. I'll just give him the 8GB in place and try it again, thanks man

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:02:51 AM »

I do believe that most of the time, a 2 GB card or under is required, as the SD card tricks the Wii into thinking the SD card is the game's cd, and so, having too much space might confuse it, or the Wii might simply not have high enough of a processor to run that much info all at once.
    No.
    There's a code that lets you use over 2GB SD cards. It works flawlessly.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.0
    Windhunter. Please do some research next time.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »

I do believe that's why I said,"Most of the time"; cause I really didn't know where to find something like that, or how to search for it, or what programs it was compatible with. Though I do appreciate that you helped him in those regards. Smiley

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »

C'mon Segs, I'm sure it's hard to find some of the answers here with the forum being so large and having so many subjects and us all having such busy lives and so little time lol, I'm sure if he were able to find that post, I myself would just as well have been able to find the answer and thus rendering this post a waist of time lol, but I did appreciate the attempt from you both to assist me Smiley, out of the 73 views that this post has had in the past few hours, you 2 were the only 2 to respond and try to help so I gotta give you props for that. Segtendo, I will definitely give this a shot after I'm finished applying for a few jobs, I really appreciate it, thanks a lot man Smiley
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:31:41 PM by MrUnusual » Logged

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »

that'd be fine, if not for the fact that windhunter posts misleading and uninformed information. Consistently.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 06:08:54 PM »

that'd be fine, if not for the fact that windhunter posts misleading and uninformed information. Consistently.

If only, if only, the woodpecker sighed.
    The person would realize his faultier side.
    That only he, KingOfChaos, and occasionally Segtendo agree on that,
    And everyone else appreciates my help, look at dat!

But seriously, almost everyone appreciates my help,
    And even though an occasional blunder I might have,
    Only you three at me yelp,
    almost all thank my knowledge, just ask DKDave!

So no, it's not consistent;
    even though you'd think I were a misfit;
    only occasional I might add;
    Feel free to ask my Dad.

Seriously, though, even MrUnusual here thanked me, though he also thanked Segtendo, which I would agree upon him thanking him, as I did above; so I didn't research it because I have the time, and he even noted that; that doesn't make me uninformed, though, and I even said,"Most of the time." So seriously, if you have a bone to pick with me for some reason I don't know about, please just PM it to me, rather than lie to people, saying that I do that "Consistently." The fact that you said that literally means that you yourself are simply misinformed and misleading, so please just let people talk. You do this all the time, where I help people, and they appreciate the help, and then you barge in, arguing against everyone else, just because you don't have the same preferences. Well, you're acting like Adelle in Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, so it'd be best for you to at least say that I'm wrong in your opinion, rather than stating it as fact when it's clearly not fact.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

Posting walls of text after an actual tiny sentence makes you look a little too insecure for your own good, buddy.

Just pointing it out.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »

Can you both stop spamming a mere help thread with your antics?

It's a help thread. You give out info, and if someone's info is bad or not good enough, just post to correct it. It's still better than no answer.
    Of course, that shouldn't stop anyone from looking up their [censored] before opening their mouth either.

Regardless, this is definitely not the place to start a sass competition, so cut it out you two.
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:36:24 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:16 PM »

Ok gentleman, come on now, no need for the informalities lol, the guy is just defending himself from what appeared to him as possible and very unnecessary cyber bullying. Point in case, he was just trying to help me, and he was the very 1st to try after 4 other people read my post last night and offered no assistance so I give him props for that, he might not have given me the entire solution, but what he said was what appears to be partially correct from what I see as far as the fact that the mods have difficulties functioning properly on an SD card exceeding 2GB, that information seems to be correct as it seems there has been a code created because of that issue to dismiss that little bug, a code in which him and I were unaware until Segtendo brought it to our attention (Thanks again for that). And thank you Miacis.

But back to the matter at hand, Segtendo, your solution worked! Cheesy although, it only worked for the .iso I have on my external hard drive when I load the game from the Configurable USB loader, but for some reason, when I load the actual physical copy of the game with the codes using Gecko on the Homebrew Channel, I run into the same problem I had mentioned in the initial post :/
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:20:19 PM by MrUnusual » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »

Glad I could help. It really is a wonderful code, isn't it?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 01:20:54 AM »

Glad I could help. It really is a wonderful code, isn't it?
    Yes, very! It actually made the mods work a bit smoother than they did originally on my 2GB SD Card, so thanks Smiley Although, I wonder why this isn't working for my physical copy of the game when I load it with the codes in Gecko. It seems it only worked when loading the game's .iso file on my External Har Drive via Configurable USB Loder, any reason anyone can think of for that?

Post Merge: December 19, 2014, 01:03:36 AM
    Welp, I guess I'm gonna have to get my 2GB SD Card back after all, the fix Segtendo offered only somewhat fixed it but only partially. Segtendo, you mentioned this fix works flawlessly, but I will have to disagree I'm afraid, I still have some freezing issues with some characters that I never had issues with before, and after exiting a match (No Contest), the original problem starts again (Mewtwo and Roy become Random Icons and the extra slots freeze when selected). Also, this fix does not work when playing my physical copy of brawl when I load it through Gecko (as I have stated earlier) so I'm still stuck with some bugs, does anyone else know why this might be happening?

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 07:23:10 AM »

Normally when they turn into random icons, you don't have your hook set to AXNextFrame.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 10:28:02 AM »

It is set to AXNextFrame, I think I found a solution to the issue though, I used a different 8GB Memory Card and it seems to be working now, haven't tested it with the physical copy in Gecko yet, I will a bit later, but I think what happened was that the lock switch was broken on the other 8GB SD Card which kept putting it into Read Only mode

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: