Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M Tutorial  (Read 2077 times)
Wiisam
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 24, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »

Can someone please tell me where could I find more info and  some tutorial on Project M??     I have download this Project M  pack as a start for my brawl hacking, though I heard you need non hack wii to work yet  my wii is hacked and it worked fine on my 16 gb sd card.   

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206250

I havn't keep in touch with the SSBB mod for a while  so    I just  need some guide to  where should I start modding such as adding SFX, music, codes, stage, and also why it froze when I select certain character/stage.    Is it any different to how Riivolution works??

Ghost Wolf
Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »

could you be a little more specific? what Stage freezes? and if you want to mod, make sure the files go in their repective folders in projectm/pf. where you start depends on your preference, but remember not everything works with project m. Just tell me some things you need help with.

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

Wiisam
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:32:58 PM »

Most of it worked fine,  I followed everything  according to his instruction  including the 3 folders which is app, codes, and private.   I dragged all 3 folders including gameconfig  to my root of my sd card. Within the Private folder it goes to the following order:

Private/ wii/app/rsbe/pf

My directory works fine, all I did is hooked my sd card to my wii console, load to homebrew channel to Project M, and select Start  though  from what you said  is different so I dunno if I was following correctly.

I'm able to play it safely, so most of it worked out  but there are some issues  only when I select certain character vs matches up  or stage.   Some  stage froze  such as when  I selected  ff7 planet core on stage  selection screen, and that stage section was more of  clone I believe.  

Anyway, there're no sfx to the respective character, only by default, and that is because sfx were not included in his pack, so my intention was to add sfx, music, and add or remove character depending what slot , and to tweak and have adjustment with the games, but the problem is I dunno, so I need some guidence so then I can start modding.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:49:25 PM by Wiisam » Logged

TheGamerKidTy
Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »

-snip

Wait, what? No no no no no no... you got this all wrong!
    Lemme give you a quick tutorial.

1. Clear off your SD card of all other files. Make a backup, if you so desire.

2. Download the latest version of Project M and extract the contents to the root of your SD card

3. If you want to change something, go to SD root>projectm>pf and change it from there.

(shameless plug) If you want, you could also use my hack of Project M called Project M DIY. It has the directory you were going for, so I thought I might throw that out there.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: