Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: I can't get common5.pac to load csps please help  (Read 10901 times)
Cassius17
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 02, 2015, 01:27:14 AM »

Hey guys, I used to do a lot of hacking on Brawlex and I went away from it for a while. Now I'm back but I've forgotten a lot… Anyway I used to use a common5.pac to load my csps instead of the regular sc_selcharacter.pac because it could store more space. However I don't know how to get the game to load the csps from the common5… please help. Im just not sure where to put it… could someone please tell me where I need to put my common5.pac in conjunction with Brawlex.. Thanks

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:51:23 AM »

You know where the fighter folder goes? In the folder where it goes,(For example, commonly, it's "pf") and from that folder, the "system" folder.(Make one if there isn't one there; when you put it there, you should have a "system" folder in the same folder as "fighter".)

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »

Oh wow thank you. So in other words there needs to be another system folder inside of the fighter folder. Ill try it.

Post Merge: January 02, 2015, 06:46:09 PM
    Wait I hope you don't mean to put a system folder in Pf… because I already have that and it didn't work...

Post Merge: January 02, 2015, 07:13:32 PM
    Ok haha never mind it worked. However now Im missing on of my regular portraits which was switched with one I made and all the colors are out of order… Plus Im missing 3 other portraits that I made...
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:13:32 PM by Cassius17 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »

No, next to the fighter folder, not in it.
    And yes, I mean in pf.

But anyways, glad you got it to work. You can always test which one is which by exporting the portraits as backups, then importing pictures with text or something documenting which one is which(Like naming them); then you can see which palette goes to which icon.

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 09:22:26 PM »

Yeah thanks a lot, I actually have it running exactly as I had before. turns out I needed common2, common3, and common5 in my system folder. Tongue

Oh hey btw, could you help me with something else? I want to make a csp for Samus that is exactly like Shiek/Zelda's you know how they have a csp with both of them in the same box and how you can choose which one you want to be. Would you happen to know how I can create something like this? In other words a Samus/Zero suit samus csp? If you don't thats ok Ill start a new post too.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »

I don't know what you're talking about choosing which one you want to be off of one CSP; are you referring to how when they're separated, they have the same CSP but with the different character in the picture have an outline?

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »

Yes exactly what you described Like how how Zelda/Sheiks csp works

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »

Each one is just a single picture; they're just simply pictures that are identical in every way except for slightly tweaked; so to do that effect, you'd just make 2 CSPs(128x160 in case you don't already know) and make them look the same except for which one you have in front of the other; then just import them into the common5.

Later(Maybe tomorrow; if not, I'll try today), I'll make the ones for the normal palettes, and then templates for alternate Samus/Zero-Suit Samus CSPs, and upload it to the vault with instructions.

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:37 PM »

Oh really? awesome! I really want to do it too because it would make sense for Samus to have the same situation as Zelda. This is cool. Please let me know if you do it. Thanks

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »

I already PMed you that I did, so it's at the top of my Vault.

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »

This is really awesome, Just as I envisioned. So when I put these in I'll be able to select either one of them from the same csp by clicking on their pictures right? IE it will have that white outline around whichever one I click? Or do I have to program something for that?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »

No, you import the ones that say "Samus" over Samus' CSPs, and the ones that say "Zero-Suit Samus" over Zero-Suit Samus' CSPs; besides which, the white outline is only for Pokemon Trainer, and there never was anything(To my knowledge) that would make them the same icon, not to mention that it's simpler for users anyway to have them be in separate slots; I'll show you an example of what it'll do, though(It's a bad photo editing, and I didn't take the photo of Project M, but it shows basically what it'll do when you replace the pictures:

Post Merge: January 05, 2015, 10:54:43 AM
    Notice how the two characters have different characters in the front in the portraits, but they're different portraits.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:54:43 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »

Oh but the white outline does show for Zelda and Sheik. If you turn on regular brawl you'll see it when you click on Shiek's picture. Oh and also I just realized that when you change it to a hacked version of brawl you can't pick Shiek to start out with anymore… I want to make her csp and css box with both Shiek and Zelda. I know it's easier to pick separate characters if you separate the boxes, but Im going for a certain look. I want them to work like the normal game… Sorry I know it might sound a little weird..

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »

???
    In regular Brawl, you can't select Sheik; you have to start playing in-game and then transform into her. It's only if hacked that you can select Sheik...

How it works in-game for Zelda/Sheik in regular Brawl is, you can select Zelda from the CSS; when in-game, you can transform between the two of them. Zelda's CSP is the equivalent of my Samus CSP. So, if you're trying to mimick Brawl's exact effect, just import the Samus CSPs over Samus, and then vertex Zero-Suit Samus' CSS away from the CSS, or code it to go away.

Cassius17
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 11:25:12 AM »

I just tried it in regular brawl you can select Sheik from the start. And you don't have to transform into her. no hacks...

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: