Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to move the "Ready to Fight" bar offscreen  (Read 8325 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 02, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »

I recently figured out how to get rid of the "Ready to Fight" bar. Editing the bones of the bar did not seem to work since its animation would return it to the original position. Editing the animation will get the job done. The file I provide below moves the bar 200 units in the Y direction, but any direction will do as long as it's a large enough translation.

1. Open sc_selcharacter.pac in BrawlBox
    2. Expand MiscData [30]
    3. Expand AnmChr(NW4R)
    4. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxaoqy20pzwxdgp/MenSelchrReady_TopN__X.chr0
    (The Y Translations are set to 200 for each keyframe)
    5. Right click MenSelchrReady_TopN__0, select replace, and replace it with the downloaded file
    6. Repeat step 5 for MenSelchrReady_TopN__1, MenSelchrReady_TopN__2, and MenSelchrReady_TopN__3
    7. Save

Goodbye "Ready to Fight" bar that blocks the bottom row of Brawlex!
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:07:29 AM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

xXZythXfinintyXx
    Advanced Kitten

Meh...whateves

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:19:06 AM »

I recently figured out how to get rid of the "Ready to Fight" bar. Editing the bones of the bar did not seem to work since its animation would return it to the original position. Editing the animation will get the job done. The file I provide below moves the bar 200 units in the Y direction, but any direction will do as long as it's a large enough translation.

1. Open selcharacter.pac in BrawlBox
    2. Expand MiscData [30]
    3. Expand AnmChr(NW4R)
    4. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxaoqy20pzwxdgp/MenSelchrReady_TopN__X.chr0
    (The Y Translations are set to 200 for each keyframe)
    5. Right click MenSelchrReady_TopN__0, select replace, and replace it with the downloaded file
    6. Repeat step 5 for MenSelchrReady_TopN__1, MenSelchrReady_TopN__2, and MenSelchrReady_TopN__3
    7. Save

Goodbye "Ready to Fight" bar that blocks the bottom row of Brawlex!

Would it be possible to entirely implement a new model for (press start) and animate it to a position near the top menu? Or have you not tried this?

I......don't have a sig.....

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:16:12 AM »

I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't tried it. The 3.79 MB size limit of selcharacter.pac is pretty restrictive. I think replacing the selcharacter.pac/MiscData[30]/MenSelchrReady_TopN model and associated files would be a better starting point. You can then edit the keyframes as I did to move the model's Y position.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: