Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BrawlExpanded: Reloaded. (Now you can say I'm back)  (Read 9688 times)
Doq
Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: January 16, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »

Current Stable: Unreleased
    Current Dev: BxR-devel_r1-4.2.2015
    Hey guys, it's Doq. Based on the title you probably know where this is going so I hereby welcome all old and new Expanders to

I didn't know the logo would be this big. It's also not as colorful as the old BrawlExpanded.
    Before I get into anything related to BxR, I'd like to give some background to what BrawlExpanded is, for the new Expanders.Smiley
    BrawlExpanded started as a thing in February 2014 as a fork of ASF1nk's BrawlEx pack. The original release post can be found here and since the initial release was maintained for about 2 - 3 months, before I simply forgot it existed.

At the time, BrawlExpanded confirmed 15 clones by version 0.9, which wasn't very reasonable, considering the objective of Bx was to get 100 characters.

During Bx's development, another pack arrived on the scene. It was around version 2.0 that I started to notice it. That pack ended up being more successful than the original Bx due to the lack/end of Bx development. The pack was (and still is) called Brawl 4 All.

No I do not intend on bashing B4A as honestly it was a better concept back then. I couldn't keep up so I just ended development and went to the Melee Workshop, until my return today.
    Ok, so now that that is aside, I'd like to show you something, but since this is BrawlExpanded: Reloaded, and not BrawlExpanded, I don't have jack... yet.

Rules of the BxR thread:
    1. All global rules apply. No brainer.
    2. If you need help, DO NOT PM ME. I shouldn't have to post this in the THREAD RULES, but I feel I need to.
    3. I am the developer of BxR, not you. Don't make my decisions for me.
    4. I do not care about B4A discussion in here, but remember that this is the BxR thread, and B4A has it's own thread.
    5. Just have fun. I'm not Hitler or anything.

Objective of BrawlExpanded: Reloaded
    BrawlExpanded: Reloaded, much like the original BrawlExpanded, is a community project. 95% of everything you see in BxR was decided and sourced by the community, for the community. That said, a few goals of the project are:

- 100 Characters (I know, B4A has "101 characters", but that is from the use of multiple movesets in one PSA file, called "PSA fusion". BxR will not have any fusion PSAs.)
    - A full stage list. Last I checked there are 78 stages possible, 39 on each page.
    - Full aesthetics and all that. That was something lacking in the latest original BrawlExpanded.

All led by me, but driven by the community.

Clarifications between BrawlExpanded: Reloaded and Brawl 4 All
    1. There won't be any "fusion PSAs" in BxR like there are in B4A. However, since v2 of BrawlEx allows for 128 characters, this shouldn't be a problem for characters who need multiple slots like the upcoming Pikamaxi or Jiggth PSAs.
    2. The clear power the community has over BrawlExpanded: Reloaded isn't really found in Brawl 4 All, and for a good reason. Nebulon likes the way he does things and it's generally better that way for production of Brawl 4 All. Bx: Reloaded does not need to be kept as much under such tight development as B4A, but I will still assume control over it (you didn't think it's entirely community-based... you did didn't you?).
    3. Bx: Reloaded and Brawl 4 All share some codebase. It's not that bad, trust me.
    Places you may want to go:
    - BrawlExpanded IRC Chat. Pretty small now, but it will soon be the main development hub for any and all team members to communicate. Already has a chatbot. http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23bxreloaded&server=irc.rizon.net
    - BrawlExpanded Site. No it doesn't need a whole site, just a page should suffice. Under construction. http://dr.k.vr.lt/bxreloaded

That all said, are you ready for the second coming of BrawlExpanded?

Side note: BrawlEx itself is referred to as BX or BEx. BrawlExpanded is Bx, and BrawlExpanded: Reloaded is BxR.

Current confirmed roster as of right now: (62)
    Smash
    - Existing Brawl Characters
    - Tabuu

Mario Franchise
    - Rosalina (maybe Luma? Haven't decided yet)
    - Toad
    - Doc Mario

Zelda Franchise
    - Dark Link
    - Young Link
    (yeah, 4 [censored]ing links)

Kirby Franchise
    - Waddle Dee
    - Knuckle Joe
    - PM Meta Knight (as Sir Kibble)

Wario Franchise
    - Waluigi
    - Ashley

Pokemon Franchise
    - Pichu
    - Mewtwo
    - Blaziken

SANIC FRANCHIZ
    - Tails
    - Knuckles
    - Black Sanic

Marvel Franchise
    - Deadpool
    - Wolverine

Touhou Franchise
    - Reimu
    - Marisa

Single Character Additions (Franchise)
    - Gray Fox (Metal Gear)
    - Roy (Fire Emblem)
    - Ryu (Street Fighter)

BrawlExpanded: Reloaded Franchise (Original Characters)
    - pikamaxi
    - Jiggth
    - Raptor
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:56:44 AM by Doqtor Kirby » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »

*subs*

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:28:18 PM »

Starter confirmed roster put up. Don't hesitate to send additions! That's what this project is for. Cheesy

First released dev build coming soon (like, when I put the SD together).

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 07:33:50 PM »

I noticed you have Waddle Dee and Ashley on your roster list. Considering I, too, would want them in my own BrawlEx, where exactly would you get their PSAs from? Movesets for either character currently do not exist.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 06:12:35 PM »

I noticed you have Waddle Dee and Ashley on your roster list. Considering I, too, would want them in my own BrawlEx, where exactly would you get their PSAs from? Movesets for either character currently do not exist.
    I swore there was an Ashley moveset floating around. In any instance, I'd probably make a PSA based on her appearance in the fangame Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

As for Waddle Dee, that will be much harder, but I do have something to work from (RtDL, etc.)

Just like I have to make PSAs for a few more. Have a list!
    Ashley
    Reimu
    Marisa
    Waddle Dee
    Jiggth
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:14:12 PM by Doqtor Kirby » Logged

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »

I swore there was an Ashley moveset floating around. In any instance, I'd probably make a PSA based on her appearance in the fangame Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

As for Waddle Dee, that will be much harder, but I do have something to work from (RtDL, etc.)

If there is an Ashley PSA, I'd love to get my hands on it.

As for Waddle Dee, my complete lack of animating and coding skills is a major bummer, because I would more than willingly want to work on a Waddle Dee PSA, either alone or with a partner.

If you do indeed attempt to make one, I'd love to see how it turns out.

Plus, this looks like a promising Ex pack, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Post Merge: March 01, 2015, 06:22:32 PM
    Oh, also, I have a potential Ashley moveset in the A/A Idea board because why not.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:22:32 PM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

DarkDeity
    Extreme Kitten

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

• Awards Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »

hey this sounds great. if i werent putting together an oc brawlex pack[may as well keep that as a personal one though cause, honestly, who's gonna download a brawlex pack where all the clones are oc's of mine, my girlfriends, and my once ex friend now friend again?] I would totally download this one

as for character possibilities might i recommend skull kid by DO? cause honestly one of the things i felt smash needed was another zelda villian not as an assist trophy. And it pissed me[and probably alot of other zelda fans as well] when he was revealed as an assist trophy for smash 4.

and perhaps while we're at it maybe tormods biggoron sword link but skinned as a different character? i have found out any link model works over it. as for who it'd be skinned as, i dunno

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »

I've noticed the absence of the word 'ridley'... we should change that Smiley

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »

Ashley
    Reimu
    Marisa
    this is a BX project I am dangerously interested in; btw which models will you use for reimu and marisa?

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:04 PM »

hey this sounds great. if i werent putting together an oc brawlex pack[may as well keep that as a personal one though cause, honestly, who's gonna download a brawlex pack where all the clones are oc's of mine, my girlfriends, and my once ex friend now friend again?] I would totally download this one

as for character possibilities might i recommend skull kid by DO? cause honestly one of the things i felt smash needed was another zelda villian not as an assist trophy. And it pissed me[and probably alot of other zelda fans as well] when he was revealed as an assist trophy for smash 4.

and perhaps while we're at it maybe tormods biggoron sword link but skinned as a different character? i have found out any link model works over it. as for who it'd be skinned as, i dunno
    Hm. Will consider these.
    I've noticed the absence of the word 'ridley'... we should change that Smiley
    I see it.
    this is a BX project I am dangerously interested in; btw which models will you use for reimu and marisa?
    The ones that aren't 2D. One Mr. Game and Watch is enough.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »

Hm. Will consider these.I see it.The ones that aren't 2D. One Mr. Game and Watch is enough.

haha yeahh, thats what I wanted to hear! Im glad im not the only one who thinks that

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 10:57:53 PM »

I would love to make ridley for this... Also, do you have/ know of any good psa guides?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 06:28:26 AM »

i was gonna start working on a waddle dee psa. it should be easier than msot psas because i can use RtDL for his moveset

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »

i was gonna start working on a waddle dee psa. it should be easier than msot psas because i can use RtDL for his moveset

I believe in you, SB.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: