Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can I edit the blast zones of a stage? How? + Can I replace Lylat Cruise?  (Read 1993 times)
Persona-Aya
Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
« on: January 31, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm updating my stages, and have two quick questions.

1) I've put in Scout's 'Crateria' stage (over summit), and the stage plays fine, but seems too high up - you enter the sky blast zone really quickly, although get K.O's at a reasonable percentage. I think this may have something to do with the stage being made for PM 3.5, but I run vanilla Brawl. Can I use BrawlBox to edit this somehow - like position the stage lower or the screen higher?

1.5) (BONUS QUESTION) I also use the Budokai Tenkaichi stage, where the grass = death. I love this stage, but the screen goes REALLY high - to the point where the characters on the arena are covered by the HUD. Is there any way I can make the screen lower, or move the stage higher up?

2) I really dislike Lylat Cruise, but have no clue how to go about putting another stage over it, as anytime I do it freezes. I have no problems with any other stage - just this one. Any ideas? I really want to put Sector Z over it

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Nezha B. Rose
Guardian of Pokemon Mods
Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »

1) I've put in Scout's 'Crateria' stage (over summit), and the stage plays fine, but seems too high up - you enter the sky blast zone really quickly, although get K.O's at a reasonable percentage. I think this may have something to do with the stage being made for PM 3.5, but I run vanilla Brawl. Can I use BrawlBox to edit this somehow - like position the stage lower or the screen higher?

Download this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205600

-> Open the stage on Brawl Box. Click the main blue arc file and open model viewer. Enable the boundary viewer (found at the top window), you'll see blue where the camera goes off-stage, and red for when you get KO'd, to edit those boundaries click the drop down menu found next to those enablers and look for the "stagepossition" model or something similarly named. Then look for the bones that corresponds to those boundaries on the window to your right, highlighting the bones gives you a pointer to the bone thats being highlighted on the viewer. You'll find two bones that are connected to the boundaries, from there you can easily move it and the whole square will adjust to it modifying the numeric values on the bottom window. Thats it, save and close.

-> Do the same to the Tenkaichi stage.

-> Use the correct .rel try using the online rel converter: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php , and make sure you're using the correct .rel

Sorry that I had left details out, my time is a bit tight at the moment.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:21:36 PM by Scout » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: