Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: The Real Reason the Community is Dying.  (Read 67274 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 04:33:51 PM »

THE PROPHECY

I'm so sorry everyone
    I'll now remember you as "The Rememberer".

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »

Most likely, the reason why the hacking community is dying is trying to mod Sm4sh. You see, melee was hard to mod and stuff, it wasnt easy, nothing is easy. Melee had its own hacking community but they were dying because they were trying to hack brawl. Brawl hacking started in late 2009, that time, we didnt have model imports, no PSAs, no brawlEX and all that goodness we have nowdays. Now days, alot of people are trying to find Sm4sh files so that hacking is possible or not. And people are not unfriendly on BV, not on Smashboards, the other smash bros related hacking website fourms are jerks. The most unfriendly related smash bros forum website is Mccleodgaming. Almost everybody is a complete [censored] there. Now, i dont see laziness in recolors and skins for characters, they look fine, but the model importing and stuff are sometimes really bad, showing lazyiness. Now, for PSAs, alot of times, the creators are REALLY LAZY unless its a shadow hack. Some PSAs require alot of codes, no voice and no CSP which makes the creator look lazy. Some PSAs are great but there is sometimes only one problem thats kinda annoying. For example, take a look at Tails over MK V2, the PSA is great, it has SFX, no rel needed, no codes needed, has recolors and CSP, hell its even compatible with Project M, but the problem i see is the model. The model is ripped from brawl which is low poly, no expressions and hard to add more bones if needed for the PSA. What im trying to say is, people are sometimes lazy hacking brawl because they are trying to hack Sm4sh, and some hacks need more work.

This is 100% NOT the reason why. Unless there's indeed proof that Smash 4 is being hacked. Plus, Brawl hacking was dying before Smash 4's release.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 06:57:59 PM »

Alright, imma break this down not just to respond to it. But so other people can read it.

Most likely, the reason why the hacking community is dying is trying to mod Sm4sh.

Not really. There's some whispers and hints about it, but nothing outright.

Now days, alot of people are trying to find Sm4sh files so that hacking is possible or not.

It won't be possible until something like Homebrew is done for the Wii U

Now, for PSAs, alot of times, the creators are REALLY LAZY unless its a shadow hack.

What?

Some PSAs require alot of codes, no voice and no CSP which makes the creator look lazy. Some PSAs are great but there is sometimes only one problem thats kinda annoying. For example, take a look at Tails over MK V2, the PSA is great, it has SFX, no rel needed, no codes needed, has recolors and CSP, hell its even compatible with Project M,

Maybe because those PSA creators don't care about or have time to make CSPs or SFX packs for the characters?

but the problem i see is the model. The model is ripped from brawl which is low poly, no expressions and hard to add more bones if needed for the PSA.

... The problem is that the model is ripped from Brawl and is low poly? Literally, what?

What im trying to say is, people are sometimes lazy hacking brawl because they are trying to hack Sm4sh, and some hacks need more work.

But they aren't trying to hack Smash4. It's not hackable yet and it won't be for a while.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 06:14:22 AM »

People have already explained the -proper- reasons it's 'dying', you're just looking at - and noting - all the wrong ones.

But then, most people in here only came to know about modding through Brawl, so whatever.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »

Well, if any of you guys have any sound advice on how to improve things, we're here to help, or at least listen.

To be honest, so far I see a lot of very good intentions, but not much in the way of resolutions or solutions. Unfortunately, good intentions only reach so much of the community.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »

honestly i like hacking brawl better than playing ssb4, mainly because there is no adventure mode in ssb4, but maybe if we can appeal to more newcomers maybe we can get them to join the community, for instense, when a new person joins the site there should be a warm welcoming and someone to help them, kinda like if i was new to the site and didnt have any hacking experience, there should be a list of hackers that i could go to for certain things, hope this helps

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »

I like both, but its every youtuber that posted brawl adveture mode cutscenes fault for no adventure mode in ssb4. And i agree about the newcomers thing.
    thanks, also i think sakurai should at least made a adventure mode without cutscenes like melee's, because i get pretty bored just fighting, adventure gave the game a little feeling of openness and freedom to explore.
    But as for newcomers, i say if we lose some hackers we can always bring new ones in Smiley
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:22:35 PM by tyshy » Logged

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »

To me, this is just another thread to lampoon what's wrong with this forum.

You've made a thread just like this before, but about nooby mods.
    People rarely help each other. There arent very many tutorials being made.
    Are you kidding me? We have millions of help threads, yet PEOPLE DON'T CHOOSE TO READ.
    "how do i hack smash"
    We have a couple stickies on ONE SUBJECT, and people still don't read. To me, people aren't searching hard enough for answers.
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:14:01 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »

To me, this is just another thread to lampoon what's wrong with this forum.

You've made a thread just like this before, but about nooby mods.

Probably because you only look "skin-deep" into it, so to speak.

One way to try fostering a new attitude is something the forum has been sorely needing for a while now: new decorum.

We've had this same black and gray skin for almost 3-4 years now, and with Smash 4s release, it's about time the forum has a visual change of pace.

Some brighter colors, new buttons and a new banner would be a good place to start, I think.

Maybe replace the default and custom emotes we've had for eons with new ones too? Made from scratch?

Yeah, for the most part the biggest thing, I think is this forum needs to start with a visual overhaul.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »

Don't fix what ain't broken.

The layout and color scheme of the forum is fine. Would be neat to have themes, but I don't know the limitations of the engine KCMM is running on.

Smashboards has been pretty dark, but they have skins (or don't. Can't remember. Know the pre-rehaul did).
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:02:08 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 08:07:50 PM »

Are you kidding me? We have millions of help threads, yet PEOPLE DON'T CHOOSE TO READ.
    "how do i hack smash"
    We have a couple stickies on ONE SUBJECT, and people still don't read. To me, people aren't searching hard enough for answers.
    sorry. i ment new tutorials arent being made. a lot of them are out dated or have broken links or pictures. ive seen some threads that people need help with das donkey vertexing, which is super out dated.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 09:16:26 PM »

Probably because you only look "skin-deep" into it, so to speak.

One way to try fostering a new attitude is something the forum has been sorely needing for a while now: new decorum.

We've had this same black and gray skin for almost 3-4 years now, and with Smash 4s release, it's about time the forum has a visual change of pace.

Some brighter colors, new buttons and a new banner would be a good place to start, I think.

Maybe replace the default and custom emotes we've had for eons with new ones too? Made from scratch?

Yeah, for the most part the biggest thing, I think is this forum needs to start with a visual overhaul.

OMG NO NO NO!!! This color scheme is awesome, and so are the icons!!!(In fact, this forum has the coolest color scheme I've seen yet, with SmashBoards coming in close)

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 09:19:48 PM »

Don't fix what ain't broken.

The layout and color scheme of the forum is fine. Would be neat to have themes, but I don't know the limitations of the engine KCMM is running on.

Smashboards has been pretty dark, but they have skins (or don't. Can't remember. Know the pre-rehaul did).

It's not a matter of it being broken, Segtendo. How the forum looks affects how people perceive it. / look at it. Back when the skin was first made and done, it may have been cool, awesome and posh.

Now it just looks dark, dank, drab, and is representative of our currently jaded, cynical attitude as a forum. That needs to change. Changing the look of the forum isn't a negative thing, and on top of that, Pre-rehaul Smashboards had a far more engaging color scheme and overall design that had far more visual flavor, and even then, post-rehaul Smashboards has far more color than our forum does at a minimum. It has 50% Gray, Silver, and Gold.

What do we have? Black, gray, gray, and more gray and not much else, besides the buttons, links and banner. Pages for the boards suffer from the same thing. By comparison the forum's current theme is even less visually engaging than Smashboards as a whole, even though it's mostly bi-chromatic color scheme compared to our comparatively monochromatic one.

The greatest strength of the current skin is its simplicity, but that doesn't make it engaging, or necessarily universally appealing.

@Windhunter:

Pls.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »

@Windhunter:

Pls.

I giggled.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 09:58:58 PM »

this is not a good place to say what I really think about this community, but yeah, this thread is pretty right
    I recognize myself I am very bad at taking criticism of my hacks and I only improve at something when I actually feel like doing it; but the thing we have to point out is that as Velen said, people barely helps and the request subforum is actually useless
    my personal reasons to dont help others very much and dont take requests is that if I took the time for that, I would have no time to work in my own projects, and afterall it may sound selfish, but the most important thing to do are own projects

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: