Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: The Real Reason the Community is Dying.  (Read 67263 times)
nanobuds
Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #150 on: March 24, 2015, 08:56:25 PM »

I'm just gonna leave one more comment:

You guys want us more experience users and modders to help fix this community. We are trying to tell you how to get better. How to improve like us. How to be a memorable modder for your work. We really want to help you guys. But look at yourself. We give you advice that helped us be successful, and you can't accept that advice. What else can we do?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:35 PM »

Then offer critiques, according to the dictionary definition, and the synonyms of it, as opposed to your definition that doesn't answer the "how". It's not that complicated. All I'm asking is for you guys to just be descriptive in your criticisms, so that people can actually be helped.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:15 PM »

And Nao-Chan is correct. Stop arguing, and just accept the definition that you yourself gave of it. Actually read your own posts, at least. Then maybe you'll finally listen. As for me, this is the last thing that I am going to say on critiquing. I could easily go on, but Nao-Chan suggested not to. I advise that everyone else does the same.

You do realize that this was directed at you too. Not just Nano. Generally everyone who kept bringing it up. Don't try and make it look like I'm singling him out of all this. You were in the wrong and causing this issue to go as well.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2015, 09:02:55 PM »

I typed out and deleted like 6 different paragraphs trying to find something to say

The real reason why the community is dying? Everything dies and we're dying.

We're a brawl modding community and Brawl has been succeeded by Smash 4. No we're not going to be completely burn out but we've definitely already peaked. Don't expect any huge surpluss of new users or anything like that. This is pretty much it give or a take a few new users in the future.

now shut up and quit complaining about complaining and criticizing criticism.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:54 PM »

Then offer critiques, according to the dictionary definition, and the synonyms of it, as opposed to your definition that doesn't answer the "how". It's not that complicated. All I'm asking is for you guys to just be descriptive in your criticisms, so that people can actually be helped.
    Are you kidding me?
    THAT'S THE PART OF CRITICISM.

Most people, if they're familiar with the program they're making their thing it, will offer advice using any technique. Just look at the model import people. They offer helpful advice on how to improve their rig.

You're just ignoring all the criticism because you don't have thick skin.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2015, 07:18:56 AM »

I was going to type an entire paragraph for every individual response, but you guys have been not reading my comments in the first place, just skimming over them and only reading the parts you want to hear. This is the reason that the community is dying(Other than the Wii U games, including Sm4sh), that we end up having an argument for pages and pages on whether or not the dictionary is correct or not.

I repeat, I'm not asking for an argument of the definition of the word, as the word clearly states the definition. What I'm asking is for you guys to just be more descriptive when criticizing people, so that the people know what to do to fix the various issues.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: March 25, 2015, 08:42:27 AM »

I ponder whether the people on this forum have anything better to do with their lives other than fight with each other over "bad mods" and talk [censored] to each other. Perhaps not frequenting it everyday can do you all some good.

People fight each other over anything in here. It's kind of like Fight Club, but a little more polygonal and sadder.

Through harsh 4chan and reddit comments

4chan isn't exactly the paragon of etiquette (read: [censored]/cuck every 5 posts or so), but they're damn effective when they need to be.

That reminds me of Gamidame's Vivian hack and how it blew up in his face over on fullchan because it still had the clover hairband.

Watch "Chopped", "Iron Chef", or any other one of these shows that's a competition, and you'll notice that they ALL have the same thing in common: They document the problem. (...) If someone makes a brand new car, and the exhibit for it has it in a specific color that's horrible-looking, you don't say,"It's a bad car", but you say,"It's a bad color" or something like that(...)

You... you realize food and vehicle creation is a BIT [censored]ING DIFFERENT from Brawl Hacking, right?

...you do realize Food Chefs strive for perfection as it is and what to the average joe sees as good enough isn't for the elites, right?

...you DO realize cars are created in factories and have little - if any - human factor in their construction beyond setting the machines to do their work for them, right?

Hell, if we're even remotely going to touch the food comparison, even the average joes can tell that something is bad in a Brawl hack, they don't need to be experts in it to know something looks wrong.

...the story's a little bit different if the average joe has the overall intelligence that can rival Odie of Garfield fame, but I digress.

People like you guys who can't take 2 seconds to read something simple and know how to think are the reason that this community is slowly disintegrating into the vast nothingness of a void.

As opposed to a certain someone that thinks the others skimmed over their posts just because said others didn't agree with said someone, am I right? Those are much better. :v

Most of what Taiko said and everything TurboChaos is 100% correct, that criticism instead of everyone acting like Kindergarten teachers is needed.

...then why are you [censored]ing about it when people are told something is [censored] and needs improvement?

I'm starting to consider you have an issue with people just because you don't like them and not because they hand out 'mean' criticism. But then again, you're just ignoring anyone who makes even a remote amount of sense because HOW DARE THEY NOT AGREE WITH YOU, THEY MUST BE HEATHENS.

Oh... so you want the experienced guys to give you criticism, as long as it falls within that one specific definition that you want it to be, and by extension doing exactly the opposite of what the experience guys are doing.

I'm just gonna leave one more comment:

You guys want us more experience users and modders to help fix this community. We are trying to tell you how to get better. How to improve like us. How to be a memorable modder for your work. We really want to help you guys. But look at yourself. We give you advice that helped us be successful, and you can't accept that advice. What else can we do?

Yet again, Nano has a [censored]ing point. You are being given pointers on how to not suck. How to actually go ahead, stomp your foot down, and proceed towards better hacking experience, and you're throwing a [censored]fit because it's not being given the way you want it, or it's not 'nice', or whatever [censored]ing excuse you want to come up with.

You don't want criticism, you want a hugbox for people to tell you that it's okay to do bad so you can continue doing bad while disregarding anything of actual importance or relevance.

Call me whatever you want. I have more integrity than to blatantly lie to people.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: March 25, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »

This is somewhat reminding me of another thread that spiraled out of control, and we have some returning cast here too, even the protagonist.

[Edit]
    I removed this paragraph, its not like me to be a [censored]. Benefit for those who read it.
    [Edit]

My apologies.

I think we all shared our toughts already. So why don't we go back on topic again? It might help ease the tension. (Or hopefully send this thread into the depest forums spot).

We're a brawl modding community and Brawl has been succeeded by Smash 4. No we're not going to be completely burn out but we've definitely already peaked. Don't expect any huge surpluss of new users or anything like that. This is pretty much it give or a take a few new users in the future.

Everyday there is atleast one new user who uploaded their 1st mod on the vault. Its just that most of them don't make the cut due to them breaking many many rules.

And judging by various comments, people are returning back to PM/Melee and the occasional 64 and Brawl. I gave comp smash 4 a shot, I feel like its a megaman, Diddy, and Jigglypuff fest. I rage too much on that game more than other smash games.

Oh yeah, melee. Still quite popular after two games later right? Problaby the same happens to modded vBrawl.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:27:01 PM by Scuot » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:41 PM »

It should be the Kiss Ass badge... thats all you really need to do here to get it around here, since real critics are mean bullies.
    Well, the "Constructive" badge was originally created to experiment with nomination awards, mostly out of user request. The people around at the time suddenly nominated a truckload of people who were following their threads, then nobody else has been nominated in the past... two years?

There's a reason we don't do nomination awards anymore. (Not disagreeing on your main idea, though. That badge indeed doesn't mean much anything.)

The only person who can give you the "criticism" you expect is yourself.

You and only you should know how to fix your productions. You're the maker, not the public. The public will tell you what is wrong, and very vaguely. Not how to fix it. You colleagues might help on the how, but that's not called criticism anymore then, it's called cooperation.

Everyday there is atleast one new user who uploaded their 1st mod on the vault. Its just that most of them don't make the cut due to them breaking many many rules.

And judging by various comments, people are returning back to PM/Melee and the occasional 64 and Brawl. I gave comp smash 4 a shot, I feel like its a megaman, Diddy, and Jigglypuff fest. I rage too much on that game more than other smash games.

Oh yeah, melee. Still quite popular after two games later right? Problaby the same happens to modded vBrawl.

And this is a double words of wisdom combo.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:45:10 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »

I lost interest in Brawl hacking due to Smash 4. I only do the occasional BRSTM because there hasn't been many top-notch hacks recently. The same couple hacks and packs have been on the dail top ten for a few days. None of them are interesting.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »

Um...

Yeah...

You're the problem with this community, buddy...

You are the exact type of person whom I have a problem with.

It's one thing to be happy with your work, but that bit about not caring about criticism makes you destined to fail with your endeavors. You don't only make content for yourself. If you publish your work for others to consume, criticism is necessary to succeed. If you cannot take criticism, then I cannot support your work. And I hope no one else supports your work either.

Okay, you're right, still though, I am not a problem. Mabye to you, but the community, that's a different story. People still support my work, nobody cares if you don't support it, even me. Also:

Explain why you think anything shown on FNBV is good in your eyes.

Quit the smart-assitude, give tyshy a break, nobody cares what you think. Some of the stuff on FNBV is good, you don't understand because you're not supportive. Undecided

Getting criticism from others is one thing, but people have to learn to criticize themselves too I think. You won't get better at things by staying in your comfort zone, challenge yourself in ways you haven't before. Try new things. And even if you just made the greatest thing, you'll should always find ways to improve it. Nothing is perfect, after all!

You actually got a point, and positive about it too. I can live with it. Thanks for a quick tip, and positive attitude Grin.

I believe that everyone on this site has patential and every hacker on this site is as great as the real game designers, I have seen many things that I thought were impossible happen on this website, and if someone criticizes your work it either means 1. They are jealous because they can't do what you can.
    2. They are just lowlifes that have nothing better to do
    3. Some people criticize in positive ways to make someone work harder

But no matter what everyone is great at what they do  Smiley

Amen.
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:00:21 PM by LinkFX リンク » Logged

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: March 25, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »

I am NOT a very good peace maker, am I?

Well...

You don't understand because you're not supportive. Undecided

I have a boss that behaves just like him. And there are multiple bosses that behaves that way. It is best to get used to it now, before its get put in practical use.

Also...
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73551.0

He did this thread, and you can see he's direct, but not offensive. A thread like that is supportive ain't it? Look at the harsh and nitpicky replies, and how the makers react.

No hate here is personal, you are a modder, we are all modders ('xcept for Seg, hes the DJ).
    What you are supposed to do is prove them wrong, prove that you can do better. Because if you cry about it, you will go nowhere. FNVB is just that, its like a hurdle of society and growing up.

Take music careers, how oh how many hates can you get if you experiment with something new? Ho-boy! Look at Liking Park right know! FNVB is the Brawl Mod version of youtube comments.

Your choice really, wanna bite back hard, or bite back slowly.

(It is seriously freaky, its like Im saying all of this to my younger self....)
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:24:00 PM by Scuot » Logged

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »

I am NOT a very good peace maker, am I?

Well...

I have a boss that behaves just like him. And there are multiple bosses that behaves that way. It is best to get used to it know, before its get put in practical use.

Also...
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73551.0

He did this thread, and you can see he's direct, but not offensive. A thread like that is supportive ain't it? Look at the harsh and nitpicky replies, and how the makers react.

No hate here is personal, you are a modder, we are all modders ('xcept Seg.). What you are supposed to do is prove them wrong, prove that you can do better. Because if you cry about it, you will go nowhere.

(It is seriously freaky, its like Im saying this to my younger self....)

You're right. I can do this!
    *And I have seen that thread before*.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:13:59 PM by LinkFX リンク » Logged

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: March 25, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »

You're right. I can do this!
    *And I have seen that thread before*.

Good! Now can we cease to bash each other over criticism?

Im running out of metaphors.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »

Good! Now can we cease to bash each other over criticism?

Im running out of metaphors.
    Brawl Hacking is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get...

Oh god, this one was [censored]ty-recolor-flavored.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:05:47 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12
    Print
    Jump to: