Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Quick and Dirty BrawlEx Cloning!  (Read 34895 times)
AutumnVen
Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »

So I had made this in the actual BrawlEx thread, but I thought I would put it here. Partly so that others could use it, and partly because then I personally can easily come back and refer to it. Tongue (*Note that it says "Quick and Dirty" and not "Guaranteed to work smoothly"... more than likely some trial and error will happen when you go through the process.)

For this tutorial I am using the Project M D.I.Y. files. Also I do not use Dolphin, so I have no idea if this works for it. It should, but no guarantees. Tongue

Cloning Process

1. This is what the tool should look like when you open up the folder.

2. Add a clone, and you will see that it added the necissary files to the BrawlEx directory. It also added the slot in the CSSRoster.dat

3. Change the name of the clone to the desired name. In this case I changed it to BlackKnight.
    Then make a new folder /pf/fighter/blackknight/ Inside of that put the required files. Rename them to fitBlackKnight... I screwed up and forgot to capitalize the 'K' in the picture. The name should stay the same for all files.

4. Edit the module. You will need to copy the ft_ganonBX file into the module folder, and rename it to ft_blackknight. Then open it in module editor and change the 14 to 41 in section8. This is changing it from Ganon's ID to the new clones ID.
    You should now have a working clone.

Cosmetic Process

1. Open common5.pac. (Note that DIY uses common5 instead of sc_selcharacter_en. Normally you would use that.)
    Go to sc_selcharacter_en > char_bust_text_lz77 and create a new BRResource Pack. This will be where you put the clone portraits.

2. Change the FileIndex of the new MiscData[] from 0 to 110.  Why 110? I know there is a reason, but I can't quite think of it from the top of my head... something about not interfering with other files or something. For all consecutive clones you would just add 1. So 110, 111, 112, etc...

3. Add the CSP portraits for you character. Compress them to CMPR instead of C18. Be sure to name them MenSelchrFaceB.###1, MenSelchrFaceB.###2, MenSelchrFaceB.###3, etc... Replace the ### with the same FileIndex number as the MiscData. So MenSelchrFaceB.1101. (This 110 number is important. Remember it!)

4. Now go to sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[70]. Add your two new textures for the CSS name and icon. Be sure to name them MenSelchrChrFace.0### and MenSelchrChrNmS.0###.

5. Now go to sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] and add your CSP Name file. Be sure to name it MenSelchrChrNm.###1.

6. Now to make the names and icon appear on screen you must follow these steps (taken from this tutorial):

sc_selcharacter.pacMiscData[30]AnmTexPat(NW4R)
    SelchrCname4_TopN__0
     Card010Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
      Card011Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
     (FrameCount = 1111)aka(+10)

sc_selcharacter.pacMiscData[30]AnmTexPat(NW4R)MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0
     Face02Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrFace.110)
      Face06Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNmS.110)

(export MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 and replace MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 through MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0)

Follow the directory paths given and add new entries at the end where they tell you. Also be sure to name the properly.

7. IMPORTANT! Without this step nothing you have done will matter. Find the Cosmetic##.dat config file for your clone. In this case Cosmetic41 and open it in a hex editor. The editor I use is called HxD. Also pull out your calculator and change it's setting to programmer. If you put 110 into the calculator and convert it to Hex you get 6E. Use the calculator to convert any future numbers like; 112 = 70 or 124 = 7C.
    Now in the hex editor change 1st value in the second row to that new hex number. This will change it from searching for Ganon's files to all files associated with 110. Save that file!

8. Add BPs. Get some InfFace.pac files and rename them to InfFace1101 and so forth. Inside of them replace the textures with the desired BPs, rename the numbers to the clone ID, and save.
    (*note that I haven't changed the names in the picture. They should say 1101 instead of 191.)

9. Now add the MenSelchrFaceB###0 file. It is the same basic process as the BPs, but instead of seperate files they are all in one. Replace what you need. These ones line up with the CSPs in char_bust_text_lz77. Be sure to rename them so that they have your clone ID of 110. So MenSelchrFaceB.1101, MenSelchrFaceB.1102, ect...

For me, getting the BPs, CSPs, and costumes to all line up is a pain. I know that certain ones go together, but I usually just trial and error fix it after I have everything there. Just some image replacing. Nothing too strenuous.

I hope this helps. If you see an issue in it, please tell me and I'll edit it.

Post Merge: February 26, 2015, 05:22:15 PM
    I get done writing this, and then suddenly my Clone tool decides to stop working... Wow. I guess I will have to add clones the long way. Tongue
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:15:40 AM by PMCB » Logged

whiterabbit
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:29:33 AM »

Maybe you could make a tutorial on doing it the long way. Video tutorials are hard to follow and the community could use some more detailed text-based ones.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »

Maybe you could make a tutorial on doing it the long way. Video tutorials are hard to follow and the community could use some more detailed text-based ones.
    I'm pretty sure that someone has already made a long one...

This one was just made on the spur of the moment when I was helping a guy out. I don't plan on making another tutorial about it.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:03:07 AM »

Hey is it possible to change PKMN Trainer and his pokemon in DIY without messing with Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle?

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »

Hey is it possible to change PKMN Trainer and his pokemon in DIY without messing with Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle?
    DIY is specifically for Project M where the pokemon are split and the trainer is completely removed. Therefore there is no need to change the trainer when you will never actually see him in game.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 10:08:32 PM »

Can you add pictures to this part? or something? its a bit confusing. i don't understand it.
    6. Now to make the names and icon appear on screen you must follow these steps (taken from this tutorial):

sc_selcharacter.pacMiscData[30]AnmTexPat(NW4R)
    SelchrCname4_TopN__0
      Card010Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
      Card011Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)

sc_selcharacter.pacMiscData[30]AnmTexPat(NW4R)MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0
      Face02Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrFace.110)
      Face06Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNmS.110)
      (export MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 and replace MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 through MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0)

Follow the directory paths given and add new entries at the end where they tell you. Also be sure to name the properly.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »

Can you add pictures to this part? or something? its a bit confusing. i don't understand it.
    Alright, I added some pictures.

If it is still unclear let me know. This is probably the most complicated step in the sc_selcharacter.pac editing section.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »

DIY is specifically for Project M where the pokemon are split and the trainer is completely removed. Therefore there is no need to change the trainer when you will never actually see him in game.

I wanted to add a new PKMN Trainer(like the one in Brawl but with different pokemon).

After adding a certain amount of clones the CSS gets really small. Is there any way to fix this?

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »

Like clone the Trainer? Idk how that would work, but you can just replace the individual pokemon costumes. Unless you like the transforming pokemon? With DIY being a base of Project M the pokemon are meant to be separate. If you are trying to combine them from there I'm not sure exactly how to go about that without messing around with it myself.

Small CSS? The icons shrink once you max out the grid for a normal screen. To compensate it makes the icons smaller. Eventually you can fill it up enough to make it look like this
    I wouldn't worry about that issue. Tongue

Dr.
    Hyper Kitten

Hi stranger, you look good ;D

• Awards Featured Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »

Good to see my CSP's still being used, nice guide BTW Wink

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »

Like clone the Trainer? Idk how that would work, but you can just replace the individual pokemon costumes. Unless you like the transforming pokemon? With DIY being a base of Project M the pokemon are meant to be separate. If you are trying to combine them from there I'm not sure exactly how to go about that without messing around with it myself.

Small CSS? The icons shrink once you max out the grid for a normal screen. To compensate it makes the icons smaller. Eventually you can fill it up enough to make it look like this
    I wouldn't worry about that issue. Tongue

Well my max at the Moment is 60-63, but when I added all the characters, all icons were very small and there was a Huge space with nothing there, I just want to make it so that this space filled without adding more characters.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 08:26:55 AM »

Well my max at the Moment is 60-63, but when I added all the characters, all icons were very small and there was a Huge space with nothing there, I just want to make it so that this space filled without adding more characters.
    Yeah I'm honestly not sure if there is a way to do that. That just naturally happens with BrawlEx. I'm not sure if there is a way to change the layout of it...
    Try asking on the BrawlEx thread. Someone there will know better than me more than likely. Tongue

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »

thank you very much for the tutorial ^^ i think i got it working now, (mostly) think i gott he CSP name wrong resulting in a grey icon (think the name is too big) also i saw you said something about it taking the longest to match up CSP's and such with in game files. an easy fix is to export the original characters cosmetics and rename the files and replace them. thought it might help people new to this.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 07:02:07 PM »

also i saw you said something about it taking the longest to match up CSP's and such with in game files. an easy fix is to export the original characters cosmetics and rename the files and replace them. thought it might help people new to this.
    Well do clones match their originals costume IDs? Like how the order of costumes in the fighter folder don't match the order they appear in sc_selcharacter. If so, then that makes sense, but otherwise it is just a pain. And then do BPs have a different order as well, or which do they follow; the CSS or fighter folder order? I should probably know this by now, but lately I just haven't had the time to spend on it. School semester is coming to a close and I have way to many art projects going on right now that need to be finished before any smash bros can happen!  Undecided UGH! Way to go life, getting in the way of the fun stuff again. Tongue

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »

Well do clones match their originals costume IDs? Like how the order of costumes in the fighter folder don't match the order they appear in sc_selcharacter. If so, then that makes sense, but otherwise it is just a pain. And then do BPs have a different order as well, or which do they follow; the CSS or fighter folder order? I should probably know this by now, but lately I just haven't had the time to spend on it. School semester is coming to a close and I have way to many art projects going on right now that need to be finished before any smash bros can happen!  Undecided UGH! Way to go life, getting in the way of the fun stuff again. Tongue
    hmm tbh i couldn't tell you about the battle portraits xD but i am pretty confident they do (i have all the original iso backed up i just replaced them in the same order) the CSP's and results portraits do for sure, it would make sense the rest of the cosmetics follow the same format. all my csp's and cosmetics lined up tho without further editing after i did this.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: