So I had made this in the actual BrawlEx thread, but I thought I would put it here. Partly so that others could use it, and partly because then I personally can easily come back and refer to it.
(*Note that it says "Quick and Dirty" and not "Guaranteed to work smoothly"... more than likely some trial and error will happen when you go through the process.)
For this tutorial I am using the Project M D.I.Y.
files. Also I do not use Dolphin, so I have no idea if this works for it. It should, but no guarantees. Cloning Process
1. This is what the tool should look like when you open up the folder.
2. Add a clone, and you will see that it added the necissary files to the BrawlEx directory. It also added the slot in the CSSRoster.dat
3. Change the name of the clone to the desired name. In this case I changed it to BlackKnight.
Then make a new folder /pf/fighter/blackknight/ Inside of that put the required files. Rename them to fitBlackKnight... I screwed up and forgot to capitalize the 'K' in the picture. The name should stay the same for all files.
4. Edit the module. You will need to copy the ft_ganonBX file into the module folder, and rename it to ft_blackknight. Then open it in module editor and change the 14 to 41 in section8. This is changing it from Ganon's ID to the new clones ID.
You should now have a working clone. Cosmetic Process
1. Open common5.pac. (Note that DIY uses common5 instead of sc_selcharacter_en. Normally you would use that.)
Go to sc_selcharacter_en > char_bust_text_lz77 and create a new BRResource Pack. This will be where you put the clone portraits.
2. Change the FileIndex of the new MiscData from 0 to 110. Why 110? I know there is a reason, but I can't quite think of it from the top of my head... something about not interfering with other files or something. For all consecutive clones you would just add 1. So 110, 111, 112, etc...
3. Add the CSP portraits for you character. Compress them to CMPR instead of C18. Be sure to name them MenSelchrFaceB.###1, MenSelchrFaceB.###2, MenSelchrFaceB.###3, etc... Replace the ### with the same FileIndex number as the MiscData. So MenSelchrFaceB.1101. (This 110 number is important. Remember it!)
4. Now go to sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData. Add your two new textures for the CSS name and icon. Be sure to name them MenSelchrChrFace.0### and MenSelchrChrNmS.0###.
5. Now go to sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData and add your CSP Name file. Be sure to name it MenSelchrChrNm.###1.
6. Now to make the names and icon appear on screen you must follow these steps (taken from this tutorial
Card010Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
Card011Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
(FrameCount = 1111)aka(+10)
Face02Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrFace.110)
Face06Texture0 +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNmS.110)
(FrameCount = 1111)aka(+10)
(export MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 and replace MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 through MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0)
Follow the directory paths given and add new entries at the end where they tell you. Also be sure to name the properly.
Without this step nothing you have done will matter. Find the Cosmetic##.dat config file for your clone. In this case Cosmetic41 and open it in a hex editor. The editor I use is called HxD. Also pull out your calculator and change it's setting to programmer. If you put 110 into the calculator and convert it to Hex you get 6E. Use the calculator to convert any future numbers like; 112 = 70 or 124 = 7C.
Now in the hex editor change 1st value in the second row to that new hex number. This will change it from searching for Ganon's files to all files associated with 110. Save that file!
8. Add BPs. Get some InfFace.pac files and rename them to InfFace1101 and so forth. Inside of them replace the textures with the desired BPs, rename the numbers to the clone ID, and save.
9. Now add the MenSelchrFaceB###0 file. It is the same basic process as the BPs, but instead of seperate files they are all in one. Replace what you need. These ones line up with the CSPs in char_bust_text_lz77. Be sure to rename them so that they have your clone ID of 110. So MenSelchrFaceB.1101, MenSelchrFaceB.1102, ect...
For me, getting the BPs, CSPs, and costumes to all line up is a pain. I know that certain ones go together, but I usually just trial and error fix it after I have everything there. Just some image replacing. Nothing too strenuous.
I hope this helps. If you see an issue in it, please tell me and I'll edit it.
Post Merge: February 26, 2015, 05:22:15 PM
I get done writing this, and then suddenly my Clone tool decides to stop working... Wow. I guess I will have to add clones the long way.