Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BrawlBox displaying wrong textures  (Read 1866 times)
DryKirby
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 31, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »

I hate to post yet another question that's probably easily solved, but I look all around and couldn't find any answers. Basically, I'm now working on a texture swap for Smashville, and as I was sifting through I noticed that all of the character's textures are replaced by Sable's. Sable is the first character listed in the directory, so this makes sense, but is there any way to view the model with the "correct" textures in Brawlbox? I can probably find a way around it, but it'd be much more convenient to fix the problem altogether.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »

You can always see what the textures will look like if you extract the model and import into your favorite 3d program for rendering, then applying the textures you want to preview. If you're speaking of the BrawlBox Viewport thing, there are some models that won't display all the possible textures(Like the CSP model, for example), so previewing them in a separate modeling program and then importing the textures into BrawlBox should work fine.(I've editted textures while viewing them on a model in a separate program, and then importing them into BrawlBox, so I know it won't interfere)

DryKirby
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »

I see... so the best solution then is to use a program like Blender to preview the model and its textures? I'm unfamiliar with 3D modeling programs, but I guess I'll have to work around it.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:31:42 PM »

You can import it to Blender using Autodesk's FBX Converter, and then export it from Blender as .3ds, importing it into a program called NifSkope for extremely fast and easy rendering, including real-time texture updates. Make sure, though, to slightly modify the texture, like doubling its width and halfing it or something like that and save it as .bmp, or NifSkope won't render the textures. But it's really good for that sort of thing.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: