Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shadow hack freezes before the match starts. (Project M)  (Read 3235 times)
bananapancakes2020
Newbie Kitten

Ain't nobody here but us chickens

View Profile Awards
« on: April 11, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »

So I spent two days trying to get this hack to work:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36380

...to no avail. It's a nice looking texture hack, but for some reason when I select a stage, it freezes the game before the screen actually goes to the battle itself. I have to unplug the Wii and restart after that.

So, I decided to download a different hack; this one:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2369

...which worked. (Although I couldn't get the moveset to work, but that wasn't a concern. I'm just looking for a Shadow skin over Sanic)

This mod came with a FitSonic.pac and a FitSonicMotionEtc.pac, which I dropped into Sonic's fighter folder. Everything went well, (aside from the moveset change, as mentioned above) so I figured maybe the problem with the first mod was that it needed a suitable FitMotionEtc.pac, so I tried the first mod's Shadow with the second mod's MotionEtc.pac., which gave me the same result as before- frozen stage select screen.

Can anyone help? I might just be dumb and this Shadow isn't compatible with P:M, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a video of the hack working in P:M.

Also, just to clarify, I'm completely okay with not having a moveset for Shadow. I just want a nice-looking skin to go over Sonic.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm running Project M 3.5. Whoops
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:14:39 PM by bananapancakes2020 » Logged

"But how do we eat candy?"

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »

Did the first one freeze before you added any animation files other than the P:M ones? Because if it froze after that, the animations might be conflicting with each other or something.

*If you post what your SD card looks like with the first hack when it was freezing, and document which file is from which hack(PM included as documented), then I'll take a look at it and maybe be able to figure it out.

bananapancakes2020
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »

Did the first one freeze before you added any animation files other than the P:M ones? Because if it froze after that, the animations might be conflicting with each other or something.

*If you post what your SD card looks like with the first hack when it was freezing, and document which file is from which hack(PM included as documented), then I'll take a look at it and maybe be able to figure it out.

The first mod froze before I added any of the animations, yeah. The first mod didn't come with any animation files, just the models themselves. (It's worth noting that the first mod is an edit of an original mod, but all it does is make the model's colors more defined. I downloaded the original mod after I had some trouble with the edited one, but that one didn't have anything different aside from lighter models.)

That's Sonic's fighter folder. You can see the added .pac's clearly thanks to my handy-dandy red markers.
    Before I tried the second mod, everything was as it was before the added .pac's were there.

(There's also two more FitSonicSpy.pac and .pcs's, both named FitSonicSpy08, but the window wasn't large enough to show those; and I don't think those are important to the problem anyway.)

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »

-snip-

Which FitSonic were you trying to replace though? 00, 01, or 02, etc. ? Because if all you're trying to do is replace a costume, the only thing that you should be replacing is one of those numbered .pacs.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:20:32 PM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

bananapancakes2020
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 05:30:02 PM »

Which FitSonic were you trying to replace though? 00, 01, or 02, etc. ? Because if all you're trying to do is replace a costume, the only thing that you should be replacing is one of those numbered .pacs.

FitSonic05 is the one I have it over.

And I know, but since the second mod worked, I figured maybe the model from the first mod might be compatible with the FitMotion.pac, and the lack of the animation file itself might have been the original problem. I was wrong lol

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 06:00:08 PM »

Hmm. Sounds to me like it won't work with P:M Sonic for whatever reason. Which is incredibly odd. If you've tried replacing any other slot and you still get a freeze, it just doesn't work.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

bananapancakes2020
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »

Hmm. Sounds to me like it won't work with P:M Sonic for whatever reason. Which is incredibly odd. If you've tried replacing any other slot and you still get a freeze, it just doesn't work.

Just tried switching the model out for the one in this mod:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207870

...And the exact same thing happened. So weird. I have no idea what's causing this.

I'll try with different FitSonicXX's, see what happens.

Post Merge: April 11, 2015, 07:05:17 PM
    Yeah, same result. I deleted the added animation files as well, but that didn't help any.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:05:17 PM by bananapancakes2020 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: