Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some question about Project M and BrawlEx/others  (Read 4277 times)
Kaedrick
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »

Hey everyone !   Kirby Dance
After days and days of research, I decided to open my own topic, I am new here. Smiley
First of all, excuse me if my English isn't good, I am not native (but that's not an excuse I know).

Alright, now for the questions.

1) What happen if I play online with downloaded movesets/textures? (let's say it is wifi safe) what happens on the ennemy's screen? Does it freeze?

2) Is a 32GB MicroSD Card on a SDcard Adapter compatible with Project M? If I put movesets and stuff on that said SD card, will it read and work in game?

I want to download a pack of movesets, textures and map [http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.0]. But, inside of it, there's something named "BrawlEx". Is this something I need to install or something? Can anyone help for this?

Thank you for reading (and helping)!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:04:07 AM by adel112 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »

Only one slot rigs and recolors are wi-fi safe. Animation or PSA edits are not Wi-fi safe, unless both you and your opponent have the same exact PSA. But if you use a Wi-fi safe mod, your opponent won't see your mod, they'll only see the slot you replaced your character with. Example: If you have a one slot Roy over Red Marth, your opponent will only see Red Marth.

Brawl can only handle SD Cards up to 4GB. But with this code, you can use SDHC Cards and SD Cards that are over 8GB through the PM Launcher. I didn't read anything about Micro SD Cards or SD Card Adapters though.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.0
    (If you have questions about this code, send the thread creator a PM, as the thread linked has been inactive for over a month)

BrawlEx is a combination of files that's basically a Clone Engine.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0
    You can read more about it and download it here.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »

First off, welcome to the kc-mm forums! Cheesy

Secondly,
    1) What happen if I play online with downloaded movesets/textures? (let's say it is wifi safe) what happens on the ennemy's screen? Does it freeze?

KJP forgot to mention some things.

The odds are about 50% that you'll freeze in online play unless you play with friends, as, even though most people will have Project M animations as the character animations, there will still be a lot of people using regular Brawl animations, which would conflict with each other. So I would recommend making sure you're playing online with someone who has your exact same character animations. A similar case with Giga Bowser and increased amount of character palette swaps, as Project M has more of those than regular Brawl, and people play online with Project M and normal Brawl.

By "recolors", KJP meant any textures whatsoever, and I believe by "rigs" he just meant imports and/or vertexes.

I do believe that Mr. Game & Watch textures and/or imports/vertexes won't freeze on wi-fi either, and G&W is not one-slot, so I think by "one-slot" KJP meant all characters except G&W.

I think(I'm at least 90% sure of this) some PSAs actually are wi-fi safe, but are limited to retextures of PSAs(i.e. changing the colors of Marth's sword slash or changing what Kirby's pot for his final smash looks like) and imports over the individual objects of PSAs(i.e. Importing/vertexing something over Fox's Landmaster).

Kaedrick
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 08:49:26 AM »

Big thanks to both of you, but the links you gave me KingJigglyPuff...
    I am really new to all of this, I don't get anything of all these iOS or D2x things :/ the only thing I am sure of is that my 32gb microsd IS a SDHC class 10 q.q

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 08:54:09 AM »

I didn't understand that stuff either, but you don't need it if you start up through the Project M Launcher.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Kaedrick
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »

Thank you.
    By the way, I have a PAL wii and game, getting a NTSC game soon, to get ProjectM.
    Hope it'll work, thank for your help! My concern about SD card isn't solved yet though, on the post you linked me to, he gives a code, but on comments, they say it's already implemented on Project M now. I don't know what to do anymore lol.

Also, I still don't have any idea if I need to install BrawlEx on my SD card to be able to make that pack on my post work, or if I just have to copy +paste his folder's content into my SD card.
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:15:31 AM by Kaedrick » Logged

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:46 AM »

Also, I still don't have any idea if I need to install BrawlEx on my SD card to be able to make that pack on my post work, or if I just have to copy +paste his folder's content into my SD card.

BrawlEx is already "installed" if you get packs that say "BrawlEx" in them. Just drop whatever you extract onto your SD card. But make sure when you do extract whatever, you have the "apps," "codes," "config," and "private" folders in the root of the SD.

If you're using PAL, the pack you have might not work for your game. Getting an NTSC game will fix that so you're on the right track.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Kaedrick
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »

Alright, that will help me a lot, thank you dude.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »

No problem man.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: