Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20
Author Topic: Paladin Mario V.3: taking a break from "mario"  (Read 93638 times)
ADJSonic
Lol Kitten

you must die!

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 08:02:57 PM »

I disagree..
    but agree with taunt S left

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »

thnx for feedback i will fix it later, atm looking for help so i can improve the moveset.  It's trying to control a gfx/hitbox without moving the char. on ground.  Like neku down tilt, and down B, zelda's side b ( fireball ), or even ness's up B (PK thunder) - etc.

- i will fix the moves, and with the side smash ill try and make it a bit controllable.

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »

thnx for feedback i will fix it later, atm looking for help so i can improve the moveset.  It's trying to control a gfx/hitbox without moving the char. on ground.  Like neku down tilt, and down B, zelda's side b ( fireball ), or even ness's up B (PK thunder) - etc.

- i will fix the moves, and with the side smash ill try and make it a bit controllable.

Nah, don't worry about the side smash, I find it rather fun to use because it's awkward. I just think the damage should be dumbed down a bit. Awesome work with it, though.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to assist you in any way besides playtesting and commenting. God knows I'm completely new to PSAs (making them, at least).

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »

thanks to greeneggsandham i found out how to control the gfx/hitboxes =)

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »

Awesome Move-set! I actually can't find anything wrong with it other than damage and I could change that to my liking. I love every aspect of this character; especially the dash attack combo, it's sweet XD The indirect attack patterns are difficult at first but after a few tries it's awesome to use against friends. Great work, can't wait till you change the Up and Down special (if you are changing them, though they work well).

^3^

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 09:26:04 PM »

yeh im actually changing quite a few things, his up sp on ground, down b ground/air, his final smash and some other stuff.  might be like a week or less before i release another version.  thanks for feedback =)
    -and yeh im changing s4s (hard a over) to be a bit more controllable which i already did.

Clockwork Hatter
    Expert Kitten

CARAM-L-DANSEN!!!

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »

I love this, it's nice to see someone doing a PSA hack that's not on Ike, Marth, or Link.

I have taken an interest in this moveset. I particularly want to see the sword textures work the way that they're supposed to.

OBSERVATIONS:

The sword seems to change textures when you get close to another character. I don't know why it does, but it tries to load the textures from other models. Perhaps someone could stick the sword to the Mario model so the textures will remain constant?

It also seems to change textures when you pull out FLUDD. I hate FLUDD, maybe you can get rid of it and put a better move in?

Silent Phantom of Avarice
    Newbie Kitten

Everyone's favorite lurker

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »

Oh, I think I found a fix for the whole texture issue with the scimitar, it seems the be a problem with the ItmMarioManto1 texture. I exported the model and textures from the Gerudo Prince PSA motionetc file and replaced the sword model and Mario's cape texture and that fixed the texture problem, also I now have a Mario that wields the twilight sword  Smiley. Also, I've done this for a couple of other sword models and textures, such as the Darknut Sword from the same PSA and Ike's Ragnell sword. Oh, this was all done in Brawlbox btw.
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:58:22 PM by Lightbringer » Logged

Clockwork Hatter
    Expert Kitten

CARAM-L-DANSEN!!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »

Oh, I think I found a fix for the whole texture issue with the scimitar, it seems the be a problem with the ItmMarioManto1 texture. I exported the model and textures from the Gerudo Prince PSA motionetc file and replaced the sword model and Mario's cape texture and that fixed the texture problem, also I now have a Mario that wields the twilight sword  Smiley. Also, I've done this for a couple of other sword models and textures, such as the Darknut Sword from the same PSA and Ike's Ragnell sword. Oh, this was all done in Brawlbox btw.
    Did you get the scimitar to work? I tried replacing the cape texture, but I still got the same thing.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »

i created 5 new animations for a "special" move, but can't seem to get it right whether or not i add requirements.  after doing the final smash a float variable is set.  Then after doing a move and pressing a button, you go to one of those animations which is looped.  While in the new animation you are able to press 4 different buttons for the other 4 new animations, each subtracting from the float variable i set.  They return to that 1 looped animation until the float variable hits 0.

-problem is... the float variable does set but, when i point it to the new subaction the codes in the new subaction do not work.  I thought it was the code in the new subaction, but it wasn't because it worked perfectly when i just put it over a regular move for testing.  I even put a change sub. and go to offset to make sure the code worked.  One of the codes worked for a like a second(for some reason the invulnerability stays though) then stopped but continued with the animation and returned correctly.

-summary- the way im pointing to sub actions is probably wrong, so if anyone can tell me the right way, where the WHOLE code works, that'd be great. 

a PART of the code ( the main sub that loops and points to the others)looks like:

X=button number  Z=new sub

if button pressed IC-basic-(X)
    go to (offset for new sub Z) blah
    change sub. ( sub Z)
    end if

Clockwork Hatter
    Expert Kitten

CARAM-L-DANSEN!!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »

I fixed the sword texture, I had a case of the tards and that's why it wasn't working.
    Want me to post the fix'd sword, theshyguy?

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »

you can send it to me and tell me how to add it to the texture right now.  I'll give you some credit for it and include it when i release a new version, atm im trying to fix the problem above.

-also if anyone has any ideas ( not that i have any because i have quite a few that im working on ) post it and if its a good idea ill add it.  It doesn't matter what move it goes over because i can add an if statement so you can change between attacks when you do/press something.
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:38:34 PM by theshyguy » Logged

Clockwork Hatter
    Expert Kitten

CARAM-L-DANSEN!!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »

I'll send you the FitMarioMotionEtc.pac through a mediafire link.

I have one request... Can you call him Paladin Mario? ^ w ^
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:40:17 PM by Clockwork Hatter » Logged

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »

sure, but i think i'll do it when i release another version.

if anyone has any other names go ahead and post/vote on them

edit: the sword looks great clock, didn't test it but it looks great in brawlbox.
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:04:26 PM by theshyguy » Logged

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »

Knight Mario. You really need to change the board title, It doesn't attract attention.
    And I can take pictures of the whole moveset if you want to.
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:10:48 AM by songeflemy » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20
    Print
    Jump to: