Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Some help for someone looking to get a bit heavier into hacking...  (Read 5872 times)
Eon the Wolf
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »

So my friend recently did textures, and that finally convinced me, after a few months, to finally get textures for myself...But I've run into a few issues (And got an ambitious idea, but that's for another time...) so my questions/potential issues are thus;

1. The skins I have for final destination and other such levels...Now, I know (sort of...need to find the link/thread again...round here somewhere....) of the way to add 9 extra stages (essentially nine final destinations/battlefields or w/e) but my question is...if the skins aren't also remodels but just reskins...could I still put say....a yoshi island (brawl) skin on one of these extra levels?

2. I'm thinking of/intending to use ASF1nk's Blue CSS with the portrait pictures from another CSS but....I've noticed that ASF1nk says to replace portraits from his CSS since his replaces the default ones...I'd have to use brawlbox (which I got) and collide this with that n extract this and I've run into a problem...I don't have, or at least, don't know how to find....my common5.pac file...
Whether or not it's because I use the (I believe) SD Reader, I do not know...to be honest...my friend just copied his SD reader files/folders to my SD n I removed n added n changed the character textures for what I did n did not want....(Also, if anyone knows....his CSS splits up PT n Sheik n such into seperate slots...that doesn't require balanced brawl or brawl + or anything...does it?)

3. How do I make my own menu backgrounds/background files when you're selecting brawl/vault/single player and that such? Because as far as I can find....there's really jack for guides when it comes to doing that :/....

4. I believe I saw a program listed somewhere that could convert the pics from brawl into something for pc but...I can't remember if it was in the resources for vault, or this forum, or SWF...But I was wondering what I might have to do to use that, as I'm thinking of replacing some of the portraits with screenies of the skins I'm using rather than the default texture images that have been replaced....
------
Sorry, just...some parts of this whole hacking dealio seems to be mostly a run-around and I can't find the few things I'd like/need/want to do....

Eon the Wolf
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »

Could I get some answers...? Sorry if they're obvious questions, but I haven't been able to really find answers to em x.x

Chuy
KC's Mexican Resident
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »

1.Somewhere in this thread

2 open common5 in brawlbox and then goto sc_charcter inside that is char_bust_tex_lz77 inside that is all the portraits

3.too long to explain and i forgot how to

Watch this vid it has links to it

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:43:51 PM »

1- Instructions here. I can't explain being that I've never done it.
    http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254340
    2- I can't help when it comes to CSS
    3- Again can't help
    4- http://ssbb.l0nk.org/

Eon the Wolf
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:33:30 PM »

No I mean...I don't even know where/have a common5.pac file :/....Also....my friend installed brawl+ on my SD card because he said 'textures need brawl + to work' which I know to be bullsh*t because they were used on normal brawl at Test Your Might VIII....How the heck do I get rid of Brawl +? :/...I dunno if its in the code Im using (gonna use the code from ASF1nk's CSS zip, so I'll see what's what) or if the stupid brawl + updater installed files that I dunno how to identify :/....
    EDIT: And yeah, I started tinkering with brawl box...Im starting to get it now ^^;....Pics weren't actually changed in his it seems, so I guess I'll wait n see....Now all that remians after I finally get all the programs n textures n such installed n get rid of brawl + (if I can...)....is to make pictures for any custom portraits of characters with textures xD
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:35:05 PM by Eon the Wolf » Logged

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:43:11 PM »

Brawl+ is just codes called RSBE01 or something along those lines in the codes folder. You need to use ASF's codes anyway so just replace you're codes with his.

Eon the Wolf
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »

Oh...so is there no way to do texture hacks without using Brawl +? Because I coulda swore they were using normal Brawl with textures....or is it a specific code in RSBE01? Because I did use his, and it's still there :/...I even moved the extra folders that weren't pf off of the folder, and while it removed the images and such stating it was Brawl+, the fact that Lucario's upb still wasn't putting him in helpless was kind of a dead giveaway...I got the CSS to work how I wanted, the level textures I want atm are working (except for the 2 custom ones n extra skins, which I'll save for doing after this weekend....), the character skins n strap loader all work....Only stuff left now is removing Brawl + (if possible :/), getting some stage music from here (or makin my own lol), possibly more textures/levels, and thats bout it....oh, and tryin to find a way to do my own background images lol....
    EDIT: Yes, I realize not all of them were brawl + related files (IE replays n pics) but I figured I'd move em off the SD n see what happens...Now I'm a lil lost :/...
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:04:33 PM by Eon the Wolf » Logged

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »

Texture replacement comes down to the file replacement patch. I don't know about codes so I can't tell you but you can change and remove codes.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php

The GCTedit and code manager can help. Unfortunately I don't know about messing with codes so I can't explain it.

Eon the Wolf
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 05:13:18 AM »

Yeah, GCTedit said there were a few codes unknown, and I already know every code from ASF1nk's because he listed the codes n I made the GCT myself :/....

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »

You're not using the Brawl+ PSAs are you? If it was downloaded onto your sd through the updater you probably have the PSAs for every brawl+ character.

Eon the Wolf
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 05:20:37 AM »

The updatifier? Yeah, that was ran by my friend...Where would I check for the PSA's...? (And what are they, exactly....? ^^;)

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 05:32:01 AM »

follow the directory
    .../private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/*name*

The *name* is the characters folder where the PSA, textures and motion files go. If you don't want the Brawl+ PSAs go to the character you want and remove the fit*name*.pac. In the case of Lucario you would remove FitLucario.pac from the folder called lucario.

Eon the Wolf
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 05:37:41 AM »

Hmm....K....What bout my characters that use extra effects? (IE Toon Link Phazon Effects...it has 'fittoonlink.pac' which I've put in the toon link folder, replacing the default .pac....Does that mean he's no longer his brawl+ equivalent...?
    EDIT: Also, these FitFalcoMotionEtc.pac files...They are in a few of my addons...they would not be brawl+ related, would they...?
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:40:23 AM by Eon the Wolf » Logged

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »

Most likely he isn't. Not all PSAs are made specifically for Brawl+ but a normal PSA is naturally better on Brawl+ due to the mechanics the Brawl+ coding provide. So if you have the normal Brawl+ codes, which isn't a bad thing, the Phazon Toon Link, if edited outside of just graphics, would feel stronger due to the mechanics of Brawl+.

EDIT: I won't be able to answer any further questions for an hour or so. If I don't respond to any other question asked after this post it's simply because I can't but will get back to you soon.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:46:32 AM by dingoberriz » Logged

Eon the Wolf
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 06:21:51 AM »

So which of the codes is the one that affects his looks? (IE) Is it the Fittoonlinkmotion code, or the fittoonlink.pac?

Also, using a CSS code won't cause say...the individual pokemon to be Brawl+, right?

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: