Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The great Pig King himself! PROJECT PORKY MINCH (PSA)  (Read 21817 times)
PigmaskColonel
Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:01:10 AM »

PROJECT PORKY MINCH

INTRODUCTION

Welp, here it is. My first serious hack... Project Porky Minch! I've been thinking about doing something besides personal texture or animation hacks for a while now, so what better character for a PSA to start with than the arguably-third-most-important Mother character over Ninten? ...right?

The most important thing to get out of the way: Porky is going over Lucas. "WHY ARE YOU REPLACING TEH ONLY OTHER MOTHER CHARACTUR" blah blah blah... Well, it's simply because he's one of the characters I know the best and I think that will really make things easier for me when editing in PSA.

Last but not least, Porky's moveset is going to be a recreation of his appearance in the fantastic SSB fan-game, Super Smash Bros. Crusade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDNNNuOU97s [skip to the time frames in the description for the fights with Porky]). I played this game recently and absolutely loved how Porky was portrayed. So yeah. That's about it, really!

SLIDESHOW

Idle animation

A damage animation

Walking animation

Jumping animation

Feedback is always appreciated! And if you'd ever like to contribute, just shoot me a PM or post here and I'll PM you a download link to the files (which may not always be up to date).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:45:37 PM by PigmaskColonel » Logged

I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

TheRealHeroOfWinds
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:36:28 AM »

I'll have no respect in this project unless he has a "SPANKETY, SPANKETY, SPANKETY!" taunt.

PigmaskColonel
Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »

I'll have no respect in this project unless he has a "SPANKETY, SPANKETY, SPANKETY!" taunt.

Yes, that will obviously be included XD

Just an update, BTW: I tried loading him into Brawl and it froze, as I expected. However, I think that because of his completely different bones, the game doesn't know how to attach him to the Mr. Saturn tea table thingy in Lucas' entry animation, so the game just freezes. I'll be working on making a new entry animation, but I need to think of what I could use that's from EarthBound (I'm only sticking to Porky's canon in EarthBound because this PSA is for young Porky). How about he flies in inside Monotoli's helicopter? It could be used for a recovery too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:52:55 AM by PigmaskColonel » Logged

Camryn185
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »

I like what you're doing with this! (This is Zapdos Productions!) I bet you know more about Brawl PSAs than me.
Nice work and good luck  AWESOME 2.0!

PigmaskColonel
Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:39:44 AM »

I like what you're doing with this! (This is Zapdos Productions!) I bet you know more about Brawl PSAs than me.
Nice work and good luck  AWESOME 2.0!

Thanks for your support! I just need a helicopter model right now, though. Then I can make an entry animation and a up B. I need to find a modeler, because I can't make a model.

Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »

Why not take the helicopter from the Fourside stage?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Camryn185
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:32:13 PM »

Here's a dropbox link to Porky's Helicopter, I'm sure you can find out how to use it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fushmpmpu4e43w/AABQD1YWBhENX13Vz4cW3aMea?dl=0

You're Welcome Smiley

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »

Ah, yes! Thank you so very much! I appreciate it. Then he'll actually work in-game.

EDIT: Posted this before I went to the link, and turns out it's an OBJ file, which isn't compatible with Brawl. Now I need to find a way to convert it to MDL0 file type...

EDIT X2: Made a really big update to the OP. Go re-read all of it!
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:12:52 AM by PigmaskColonel » Logged

Camryn185
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »

You can convert the .OBJ to .DAE (.DAE is an alternative to MDL0) by using a program called "FBX Converter". You can convert the .OBJ to .DAE in the program which allows you to use it in Brawl Box, the only problem i got from it was that I did not know how to assign bones for the model, but that's probably because I'm a beginner. So, maybe FBX Converter can help your situation. I hope this can help.  Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:49:09 PM by TheBrawlHacker185 » Logged

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »

Huh. I'll try that out. Thanks!

Camryn185
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 06:08:27 PM »

No problem  Grin

PangEr97
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 05:40:32 PM »

This is a great idea! I saw Zapdos Productions video on youtube out of curiosity if anyone had made porky yet. Unfortunately, I am very new to Brawl Hacking so I would not be very useful. However, I am very excited to see the final product!!

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 07:16:03 PM »

Thanks! I've been losing a lot of my motivation these past few days, but having people who actually want to see our Pig King in Brawl is the only thing that can keep me going. I really appreciate it!

What all do you know related to Brawl hacking? Are you interested in making them, or do you just like to use them?

Camryn185
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

I'm very happy to have the Pig King return to Brawl!
     Awesome Face

PangEr97
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 07:19:08 AM »

Mostly just using them. I really would like to learn more about it. The most I've done was mess around with some characters PSAs and right now I'm trying to learn how to create a final smash so that I can put it on characters without final smashes like the Alloys and Giga Bowser. However I haven't quite gotten to trying yet

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: