Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.
Bowser - 2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon - 2 (1.9%)
Charizard - 0 (0%)
Diddy Kong - 4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong - 0 (0%)
Falco - 1 (0.9%)
Fox - 0 (0%)
Ice Climbers - 2 (1.9%)
Ike - 2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur - 8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.) - 6 (5.6%)
Kirby - 0 (0%)
Lucario - 5 (4.6%)
Lucas - 1 (0.9%)
Mario - 3 (2.8%)
Marth - 1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight - 1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch - 5 (4.6%)
Ness - 3 (2.8%)
Olimar - 18 (16.7%)
Pikachu - 1 (0.9%)
Pit - 9 (8.3%)
R.O.B. - 5 (4.6%)
Samus - 1 (0.9%)
Snake - 2 (1.9%)
Sonic - 1 (0.9%)
Squirtle - 1 (0.9%)
Wario - 1 (0.9%)
Wolf - 13 (12%)
Yoshi - 3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus - 3 (2.8%)
King Dedede - 4 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 107

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Author Topic: Project Wolf Link  (Read 100034 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: June 07, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »

*Last Update to This Thread was: July 20, 2018
    The thread update was: Adding a new note that Project Wolf Link is now separate from Project Recolor, as PR will now only be the games themselves and not also including Brawl imports, necessarily.

*Please note: The only reason that there are all these spoilers is to keep the post well-organized; if you click on all the spoilers, aside from the pictures(Which are in individual spoilers), it's not very long at all, especially since some of the spoilers have extremely short posts.*

What is this project?

This project that I am doing is doing the following:

1) Import Wolf Link into Brawl, with a perfect import(FS eyes, perfect metal, a perfect
                 rig, the various faces that he needs, the appropriate objects for his various moves[i.e. If he's
                 over Bowser, his "shell" would be Wolf Link spinning], and the appropriate effects.[i.e. If he's
                 over Bowser, have the punching-like effect instead of a metal-like effect{i.e. Donkey Kong's
                 smash attack effects over Bowser's spinning shell effects}]) I will then(Of course) release him
                 on the Brawl Vault. I will NOT make recolors of any kinds for this initial release; however, I WILL
                 make recolors later after I finish the whole project. I won't post when the recolors are finished
                 on this thread, though; you can keep watch of my sig for that. I will also make him use the voice
                 of one of the other Brawl fighters, most likely Wolf, but only his higher-pitched voices.

2) Post a tutorial on how to make imports just like that using Blender, as that's the tool that I am
                 going to use to do this, and a tutorial could help others perfectly import models using Blender.

3) Rig him over Link for a custom PSA. (He'll look really weird without the PSA, so I will NOT
                 recommend using him rigged over Link without the PSA.)

4) Make the PSA for him over Link.

5) Make recolors of Wolf Link, both for and not for the PSA.

About updates to this thread, and how to subscribe:

So, to start out, you can click "Notify" at the top of the thread to subscribe to new
                 posts. This will work for the start of the project. I will post progress whenever I do any progress.
                 I will also send anyone who said that they wanted to subscribe the info on any new Brawl Vault
                 submission. There will be a bunch of these, from the original import, to recolors, to the moveset
                 and revisions of the moveset. I will also update the original thread(Aka the OP) with this same
                 info, but only at the same time as when I send out the above-mentioned info. How you can be
                 listed on my emailing list is as follows:

1) Posting on this topic that you would like to subsribe(PM)
                 2) Posting your email address(Email)

You MUST specify that you would like to subscribe, though, if you're posting to subscribe. This is
                 my only rule on this.

List of stuff to do:

1A) Getting Link's bones into Blender
                 2A) Rigging Wolf Link(And Midna) to Link's bones
                 3A) Importing Wolf Link over Link into BrawlBox over Link
                 4A) Fixing materials and visibility bones of Wolf Link over Link
                 5A) Extras, like metals, FS eyes, expressions, etc.
                 6A) Release this import over Link, as well as the tutorial on Blender Importing

1B) Getting Bowser's/Yoshi's/Ivysaur's bones into Blender
                 2B) Rigging Wolf Link(And Midna) to Bowser's/Yoshi's/Ivysaur's bones
                 3B) Importing Wolf Link over Bowser/Yoshi/Ivysaur into BrawlBox over Bowser/Yoshi/Ivysaur
                 4B) Fixing materials and visibility bones of Wolf Link over Bowser/Yoshi/Ivysaur
                 5B) Extras, like metals, FS eyes, expressions, etc.
                 6B) Release these imports

1C) Add the appropriate effects(Including sounds) in BrawlBox/PSA to the character's
                              animations, for the imports(NOT for the full PSA; this is only for the normal import to
                              make it realistic)
                 2C) Re-release all 4 imports with the effects
                 3C) Make recolors(Project Recolor, including model edit "recolors") for Wolf Link for all 4
                              characters
                 4C) Release these recolors

1D) Make the full PSA and release it
                 2D) Release Project Wolf Link full package, with all 4 imports and the PSA, including all default recolors
                 3D) Start the Project Recolor(Official) thread(NO LONGER RELATED)
                 4D) Continue with Project Recolor(NOT RELATED); if you would like to
                              know in advance, though, I have a summary of the entire project below

Why Blender?

Because there are others like me who want to use programs that are 100% free,
                 non-time-limited, and non-pirated to import models to Brawl.

Why Wolf Link?

Because Wolf Link is one of my all-time favorite characters, and nobody has made
                 a correct import of him yet, especially not a perfect import!

Details about the import

I am NO LONGER MAKING the non-moveset imports!!!

Details about the PSA

For the full PSA of Wolf Link over Link, * means that I will edit what that move
                 does, and not just the animation; all other moves will only have edited animations, and hitboxes
                 if applicable.

Side-Smash: The two attacks that he does in Twilight Princess, where he lunges forward biting,
                              and then a second button press(In this case, -> + A) does the same thing, but to the
                              other side
                 *Up-Smash: Similar in animation to Bowser's Aerial Up-A, only on the ground instead
                 Down-Smash: Similar in animation to Yoshi's Down-Smash
                 *A: Similar in animation to Pikachu's A
                 Side(Tilt)-A: Attacks with one paw
                 Down(Tilt)-A: Similar in animation to Yoshi's Down(Tilt)-A
                 Run-and then-A: Wolf Link jumps forward, like in Twilight Princess, only without the sticking to
                              other players/enemies and attacking
                 Up(Tilt)-A: Bites into the air, slightly forward
                 *Aerial A: Similar in animation to Ivysaur's Aerial A
                 *Aerial Back-A: Midna's orange hand punches backwards
                 *Aerial Forward-A: Midna's orange hand punches angularly downward(Similar animations to
                              Ivysaur's Aerial Forward-A)
                 Aerial Up-A: Midna's orange hand punches upwardly
                 *Aerial Down-A: Similar in animation to Bowser's Down-B
                 *B: Wolf Link will dig once, and most of the time he will only find a Rupee, which won't do
                              anything, but he will occasionally find a heart, which will heal him 7% health
    B(Continued):
    Also, his Down-B can be some king of dig move which he can generate an item

So I had an idea to integrate both my original idea for his B, with the idea of having random Brawl items also have a chance to show up, similarly to the blocks that you attack on the Super Mario Bros. stage. Also, I like The Demon Link's idea:
    I have an idea for B. There would be a 60% chance of digging a rupee, 30% of digging a heart, and 10% of digging three hearts.

*Side-B(Easter Egg): Basically, a revamp of Wolf Link's sticking to enemies and biting them:
    Also for the dash attack, maybe when Wolf Link Jumps, and the person instantly holds the Grab Button, Wolf Link will cling on to the character and the pummel (Press A while character is grabbed) will be Wolf Link biting
    ...Maybe it could work as a side B
    ...I also think that it could make a great easter egg...

*Down-B: Transform into Link(I need suggestions as to which CSS slot to replace with Link,
                              though; and yes, this is to have both Link and Wolf Link as selectable)
                 *Alternative Down-B(This Down-B will be for a non-transforming version): Wolf Link does a spin
                              attack, like he does in-game when you hold down B and then release(When you don't
                              have Midna on your back)
                 *Up-B: Midna and Wolf Link teleport, similarly to the way they do in Twilight Princess
                 Grabbing: Midna's orange hand grabs the other characters
                 Up-Taunt: Wolf Link howls
                 Down-Taunt: Wolf Link crouches, looking from left to right
                 Side-Taunt: Wolf Link sits peacefully, with a smile on his face(He'll look like he does in Twilight
                              Princess when he gets to see Zelda for the first time)
                 *Final Smash: You do the same thing as in Twilight Princess, when you're using Midna and are
                              charging B, including jumping to targets after targeting them, and having them go
                              flying(You're invincible while channeling the move, but opponents do have time to get
                              out of the way)

Jumping:
    In the game, during twlight or other times, Midna goes far away from wolf link and wolf link jumps all the way to her. Maybe that could be the Up Special for your Wolf Link!

(if u played the game, u know what I mean)

How you can help

Here are the ways that you can help:

1) Help me with animations, if I need help. I do want help knowing where the tutorials I need
                              are. I will specify on my updates when I'll need help with this. I might need help doing
                              the actual animations for the full PSA, in addition.

2) You can vote for who you want Wolf Link over the most, as well as provide suggestions as to
                              whom to replace with Link on the roster(See the PSA description)! Grin

You can provide suggestions as to whom to replace with Link on the roster(See the PSA
                              description)! Grin

FAQ

What character is it going to be over?

He's going to be over whomever is selected in the poll(Unless there's an extremely
                 large amount of one option and only like 1 of another), and since I want his Down-B to
                 transform into Link, but his PSA will be based primarily off of Link's, his PSA will be over Link,
                 and I'll .rel port him over a useless character, and I'd like people's opinions as to whom to
                 replace. I'm sure not many people play as R.O.B., so I'll make him replace R.O.B. unless I get
                 other input.(I'll still replace R.O.B.; I'll just simply add additional optional .rels)

Could you possibly make a project M version of it too??

Yup! It's already part of the plan! Smiley

In the game, during twlight or other times, Midna goes far away from wolf link and wolf link jumps all the way to her. Maybe that could be the Up Special for your Wolf Link!

(if u played the game, u know what I mean)

I know exactly what you mean. And, though I disagree with that being a better Up-B than my
                 current idea, I do like that idea for the regular two basic jumps. So, I added that to the moveset
                 list, as well as a note to credit you for the idea.

Project Recolor Summary

Project Recolor is going to be a project where, I will create any non-existing character imports of the highest-in-demand characters(existing imports will have an asterisk in the poll), by having you guys vote for who you want; I will have a poll like this for every game, TV show, etc. in the world, starting with well-known games and leading to who-knows-where. I will reset the poll for every one of these, too, and I will additionally have voting for if you guys want movesets for each of these, or if you want only the imports(This will be in the same poll). The most popular votes will be included in the official Project Recolor, where I will give each import, including existing imports, various kinds of recolors, model edits, and stuff like that, depending on what character it is(And I have literally over a hundred different options, too). For example, Wolf Link would get "Brawl-Styled Recolors", as it fits him, but he wouldn't get "Shredder Import", because the character Shredder doesn't fit Wolf Link's movements. I will also have versions of Project Recolor: NAME Edition, where NAME is the name of the game or whatnot, and it has the same Project Recolor recolors, but for every single character; for example, Project Recolor: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Edition will include the Brawl Vault downloads of Project Recolor for Brawl's fighters, and it will also include, for example, recolors and model edits of assist trophies, SSE characters, and even stage background characters. If you have any questions about Project Recolor, ask them here, and if it's something that I should include in the FAQ in the official Project Recolor thread(Whenever I create it), I will include it in this FAQ, and when I transfer over (most of) the data from this thread to the Project Recolor thread, I will also transfer over the FAQ questions that are relevant to after Project Wolf Link is finished.

Wolf Link and Midna

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:28:53 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

kprovost7314
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 03:32:04 PM »

I hope you write that Blender tutorial. I'm not fond of Autodesk or Maya.

SmashX Mod. Coming to a Wii near you.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »

I hope so, too, of course! Smiley

Imagine how many more importers we'll get if Blender can be used.

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:02:35 AM »

Nice, I've been waiting for someone to attempt to make a Wolf Link import and PSA.

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »

Mine is over Link. link will have a custom down-b to change to wolf link. this will use brawl ex

Wait1:

Run:

Attack 11:

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »

I played this one Smash Bros Game that Link's final smash was changing into Wolf Link. Mabye that would work for his final smash--just a thought. Also, his Down-B can be some king of dig move which he can generate an item, plus, his Up-B can use some kind of teleport object like this:

I can't wait to see which Wolf Link comes out first!

A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »

Mine is over Link. link will have a custom down-b to change to wolf link. this will use brawl ex

When you say "Mine is over Link" and you have screenshots of him in BrawlBox, does that mean that you imported it without releasing it on the Vault? Or does it mean that you released it on the Vault recently at all? Also, if so, is it a perfect import, including metal, FS eyes, and faces, using Blender? Because using Blender is my main goal here, so that I can import other characters, as well as so that other people who want to use Blender can import characters. Though, Wolf Link's PSA plus the import would still be a very important goal.

I played this one Smash Bros Game that Link's final smash was changing into Wolf Link. Mabye that would work for his final smash--just a thought. Also, his Down-B can be some king of dig move which he can generate an item, plus, his Up-B can use some kind of teleport object like this:

I can't wait to see which Wolf Link comes out first!

I kinda already had an idea for his(Wolf Link's) Final Smash, though, and Wolf Link is gonna transform to Link via Down-B, same with Link.(Nobody uses his bombs, anyway) As for the dig, I already had that as like his B or something like that. Though, you did give me an idea that maybe in addition to rupees and hearts, he can dig up Brawl items. Gonna add that as an idea to the OP now. I also already had that same idea for his Up-B, too! Smiley

Hopefully, I can fix the bug I'm currently experiencing with testing the size by testing a quick-and-simple import, and then the rest will be much easier.(For the importing of him when he's finished, anyway)
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:16:05 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »

When you say "Mine is over Link" and you have screenshots of him in BrawlBox, does that mean that you imported it without releasing it on the Vault? Or does it mean that you released it on the Vault recently at all? Also, if so, is it a perfect import, including metal, FS eyes, and faces, using Blender? Because using Blender is my main goal here, so that I can import other characters, as well as so that other people who want to use Blender can import characters. Though, Wolf Link's PSA plus the import would still be a very important goal.
    you dont need blender to port a psa or model all you really need is only bb and just to edit the bone offsets of the model to the psa i even have a tutorial on youtube about this and his psa is not even out its been in the works for a while now but as far as i know he and the (team) he is with has not fully announced it but his wolf link psa has everything metal and FS eyes as for the faces im not sure on that i would have to find the model he has on my pc somewhere and see
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:59:50 PM by Leon Exodio » Logged

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 05:26:53 PM »

Oh, I watched the tutorial. And because of it, that was the start of my personal Kirby over Marth PSA. I even found a way to make him compatible with BB PSA. He actually worked! Thank you for the tutorial.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:49:57 PM by Araragiリンク » Logged

Smash 4 Cloud Project:

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »

you dont need blender to port a psa or model all you really need is only bb and just to edit the bone offsets of the model to the psa i even have a tutorial on youtube about this and his psa is not even out its been in the works for a while now but as far as i know he and the (team) he is with has not fully announced it but his wolf link psa has everything metal and FS eyes as for the faces im not sure on that i would have to find the model he has on my pc somewhere and see

"Import", NOT "Port". And I really wanted to learn to import myself, especially since the Model Requests probably aren't granted that often anyway, especially since I wanted to import obscure characters like Ilia and Ashei and Barnes and many other characters from the Zelda franchise, in addition to my favorites from many other games. It would be ridiculous to request literally hundreds of imports if I can import myself; not to mention that lots of people could use a tutorial on how to import with Blender, which is my highest priority of this thread.(With next highest being the import, and third highest being the PSA) Wolf Link just happened to be among one of the ones I planned on importing; it's just that he's the only one I KNEW didn't have any creations of in the Brawl Vault.(I know; I literally checked the entire vault and bookmarked all entries with working links of anything character-related. Muhahaha! XD )

Post Merge: June 09, 2015, 07:19:33 PM
    P.S. Sorry for the long post; I just wanted to get my point across how import the ability to import with Blender and NOT 3DS Max or Maya or anything else that's student-free or pay-to-get is to me, and others.

Post Merge: June 09, 2015, 07:22:06 PM
    Also, because I know how to delete polygons in BrawlBox, I can save time by making a lot of imports over one character, and then make copies of the file and delete the polygons that aren't of the character for each file.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:22:06 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »

This sounds awesome, Windhunter! If you want, I could make a recolor or two... Also, what character is it going to be over? That will change PSA's, animations, etc. So it would be nice to know (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »

I have already planned on making the recolors: Project Recolor recolors! Cheesy (a darker version of the colors, though, as Wolf Link is dark in color; kind of like the reverse effect of my Peter Pan texture Project Recolor recolors)

And he's going to be over whomever is selected in the poll(Unless there's an extremely large amount of one option and only like 1 of another), and since I want his Down-B to transform into Link, but his PSA will be based primarily off of Link's, his PSA will be over Link, and I'll .rel port him over a useless character, and I'd like people's opinions as to whom to replace. I'm sure not many people play as R.O.B., so I'll make him replace R.O.B. unless I get other input.(I'll still replace R.O.B.; I'll just simply add additional optional .rels)

Post Merge: June 10, 2015, 09:30:12 AM
    Ooh, I can finally add a FAQ! Cheesy
    « Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:30:12 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »

Could you possibly make a project M version of it too??

And this sounds really cool!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »

Yup! Also, gonna add that question to the FAQ! Tongue

Post Merge: June 10, 2015, 09:03:45 PM
    Btw, I can't yet manage to succesfully import a single-boned non-textured single-object model in-game in order to check what size is required and if I got the rotation correct, so what I'm gonna do is import Link, with the rigging that Brawl has on him(Yes, I can import the textured model already rigged, but I have to do each individual polygon separately because of a glitch with Brres Viewer, so it may take a while), test to see if it freezes, if it does I'll make sure every setting in the entire MDL0 in BrawlBox is IDENTICAL to the original Link and test if it freezes, and if still not, I can still try opening both up in Notepad to recognize any inconsistencies.

This'll work a lot better to test importing models, as this I can compare to something else. Also, after I successfully import it, I'll figure out if the scale is the appropriate scale when I was guessing, and if so, I'm going to post progress on how much I learned about rotation, etc. I'll also move onto the next step when I am able to do that.(If the scale is not correct, I'll just take note of it so I know the real scale)

Post Merge: June 11, 2015, 08:53:28 PM
    I slightly changed my mind; I'll do exactly what I said above, only instead of normal Link, I'll have just Link's BodyA polygon, and test copying that rig in Blender and then to BrawlBox and comparing, since his BodyA has only 1 polygon, 1 texture, and isn't very complex, so it'll be much easier to handle than Link as a whole, especially with me being confused about how the eyes are set up in BrawlBox. But then again, if this works successfully, I won't have to worry about how it's set up in BrawlBox, because I'll be rigging it in Blender. Grin
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:53:28 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 07:45:31 PM »

"Import", NOT "Port".

the model was imported from twilight princess and ported to link and was rigged over ivysaur

i didnt release it on the vault because it isnt done. and you could just check my vault. duh. and it is a "perfect import." the model was rigged over ivysaur with edited bones to support midna, the tail, the jaw, etc. then i ported the model to link and edited the bone data in the fitlink.pac to work with the model

after reading all your posts here (which was difficult to do) i have concluded you dont know what you are doing

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
    Print
    Jump to: