Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl : Minus Mogged Mugen project thread.  (Read 8339 times)
MooglePeru
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

Hello, everybody. Some time ago I posted here and on the internet about this side project of mine. Now it finally is in a state I can officially present it.

Therefore, I heartilly present to you:

The character list of version 1.0:

http://pastebin.com/qKzpYgXR

FAQ:

Q: What exactly is this all about?
A: Brawl M3 is an complete hack pack that looks to spread the popularity of Brawl Minus, which, in my humble opinion, I feel is more fun than Project M. Specifically, it uses the latest Minus MAX build.

Q: So it's just another skin pack? What's different about yours?
A: Two main things. The first one is that absolutely everything is changed. Most skin packs only lazily put the skins in there and convert some music and call it "finished". Brawl M3 has every single cosmetic changed. BPs, Stock Icons, CSPs, Menus... it doesn't looks like your average pack.

Q: But that has been done to death before. I'm still skeptical.
A: The other feature that distinguishes it from most other packs is the Mugen part of the name. All of the slots are occupied by different characters, and not just "a character in a different costume".

For example, an average build may have the Link slots as, let's say, Dark Link, Fierce Deity Link, Link in Zora Armor, Skyward Link and so on. I don't consider them as different characters, and therefore there's only one Link in the game, and all of the other slots are occupied by different characters to maximize the variety and to emphatize the MUGEN part.

Q: Well, that's all fine and dandy, but you'll just put the characters you like, am I right?
A: Wrong. The pack is absolutely not biased at all and not bound by my tastes. I absolutely dislike everything Sonic, yet I reckon he's popular enough and so I put 10 characters, two stages and 5 music tracks of his franchise.  The goal of this game is "to represent the major number of gaming franchises in a party game" , while at the same time picking only the highest quality models available on the Vault, to give the game a great presentation.

Q. Technically wise, how this holds up?
A: It combines Cbliss with Stage Expansion plus the custom stage playlist codes, and on top of that, Minus MAX.

Q. If you're using Cbliss, you have every slot occupied?
A: Yes. Over 400 different characters from about 120+ gaming universes.

Q: How about the stages?
A: 70 new stages. I picked the number based on "music tracks". Most stages that have a great amount of tracks have another stage from that franchise, to keep the tracks from going to waste. The sole exception is Pokemon, which gets 3 stages given the popularity of the franchise.

Q: Music wise?
A: Again, not bound by my tastes. I tried to replicate the Brawl OST choices and picked up varying genres. Rock, tecnho, orchestral... the style varies. The only criteria I had in mind when picking is that the song should be fast-paced. Slow paced songs don't fit in a figthing game. Every song has it's volume regulated and it's looped apropiately, which was a lot of work.

Q: Online?
A: No online. The best models available usually wreck Wi-Fi. It may be a possibility in the future.

Q: How about PSAs?
A: No PSAs, either. They would conflict with the balance of Minus MAX.

Q: So, tell me, what are YOU credited for? As in, what did you actually do besides compiling?
A: Editing. Hours and hours of image and music editing. But don't worry. I plan to credit absolutely everyone who (unknowlingly) contributed to this project. From the character importers and stage creators, to the artists on Youtube and even the creators of the good pictures I grabbed in Google. Chances are, if you're reading this, your name will appear in the game.

Q: There's no way you can fit 400 different characters in there, unless they are Anime Characters!
A: Sorry. No anime. That was my rule of thumb. While I had to content myself with whatever the character got (for example, Billy and Mandy on Ice Climbers given the proper lack of good IC models), I promised myself no anime characters at all. If I had to put anime characters in there, I figured I should put the most mainstream anime of them all in there. And that's DBZ. So, DBZ gets a few characters, two stages and 12 music tracks.

Q: Can I suggest a character?
A: For now, no. The first revision of this project has an already stablished roster, but if it ever picks up on popularity, I'll be open to requests. Yesterday the project had an already positive reaction on 4chan, and I already got character requests.

Q: Can I colaborate?
A: Sure! Take a look on the "To do" list under this post. I did all of the editing by myself, so help would be apreciated.

Q: When it will be ready for download?
A: Late November/Early December.

To do list

I'm taking submissions for all of the following, which will all be credited, of course.

*A proper custom CSS for the project.

*EXTRA: I was wondering if there's a code that allows you to choose an skin individually from the CSS, using the Stock Icons or whatever to fit the CSS. If there's any code that allows that, I'll be truly glad and this project will look more complete.

*A proper SSS for the project. Even although all the cosmetics are complete, the project lacks personality as now.

*EXTRA: Yet again, I'm requesting to know if there's a code that allows different in-battle names for each skin. Right now, I opted for erasing them to give the skins more individuality, but I'm still curious about this. I think it can be done, given that, like in CBliss, the files are numered with a giant gap of ten between then. But then there's the info.pac size limit, so I truly don't know.

*There's a glitch in which the game may randomly freeze ONLY when you pick four player completely random matches. You can play fine if you manually pick up the characters, but only in Random it freezes and ONLY when four player pick their characters. I'll say you have a 25% chance of freezing. The freeze happens when the game tries to load the fourth player in battle, or when it tries to load the Results screen. I know the cosmetics are not the ones to blame, given that they all work individually. I talked to ASD1F about this and I said he would check the project once that it's done, but if any of you can help, I'll happily accept your help.

*A proper website. I was planning to open up a blog for now.

Well, that's it for now. I'll add ingame pictures to this post later.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:49:52 AM by MooglePeru » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: